IGNORED

atmosphere tonight

Hartcliffe red

Now we need to replicate that when we're losing. Too often we only sing when we're winning COYR

Tis a very good point.

The first 8 minutes of the Reading game this season were, for me, superb: the noise was immense to my ears and the South Stand was bellowing out some good noise. Then we let 2 goals in and we slumped on and off the pitch. It's not easy to crank it up again when you get hit with a sucker double whammy like that, but that, that ... then ... is exactly when the team need us. Not so much at 1-0 up, or 2-0 up (although that's not to say it doesn't help at those points). And 0-5 down singing black humour/sarcastic stuff about shooting and 'cheering' passes... we can all make noise then.

The best time for us this season of all seasons, to make some noise, is 0-1, 1-2, whenever we go a goal down. We do it at 2-0 up when we let one in, because we have the safety/comfort blanket of a goal lead still, but we should make ourselves stand out from the crowd (pun intended) by being known for singing upon going behind in games. Of course, I get as down as the next fan at those junctures, so that's all easier said than done. But wouldn't it be mint to surprise opposing teams by suddenly upping the noise when we go a goal behind? Let's try it this season, we should have enough opportunities (or, rather, I thought that until last night when we started doing something called, what is it they say? Oh yeah, defending)

Putting all that to one side, last night was rocking. Having just got back in, I can personally vouch for it being a good night, obviously the best of the season so far and probably as good as anything last season, too, the Bradford/Swindon nights aside. This seemed to really count and matter, on and off the pitch. Whether we go on and make something of this or if it'll just be a blip in a poor season, I dunno, but it was cracking singing and noise in the Atyeo, and elsewhere it seemed (the South Stand has sounded superbly loud on occasions this year).

Hats off to all concerned is, I believe, the current buzz phrase, from everyone on here. As I wasn't wearing my (woolly) one last night, rest assured my hat is off already.

only heard forest on the tv a couple of times singing, 'we're Nottingham forest, we'll sing on our own' which sounded really odd as the flint is having a party, Frankie fieldings in the building was going for a good 10 mins clearly on the tv at the time!

having been in the atyeo a few times this season all the singing was coming from there, not sure the **** off Irene chant was needed mind, awful song unless we're playing them!

Our garden hedgehog Spike, is ******* huge, so big he can only roll into a rugby ball shape, when my Jack finds him at night, he is confused and makes weird crying noises around him and tries to turn him over because I think he is not sure whether it is a living thing or not and wants to see it's face.

I just wish he would concentrate on the ******* moles.

When a babby hedgehog first appeared in my previous garden, he was surrounded by three cats who really didn't know what to make of it. As far as they were concerned, anything that small should be whimpering and running away, but this one didn't. Fed it for years, but then it vanished, as they do :(

Archived