IGNORED

Sherwood Sacked By Villa

Nomad

Dont like Sherwood but I don't think this is a blot on his career. His achievements last year for me would just about wipe the nose of the disastrous start, and some allowances must be made again for a 'transfer committee'. 

I can appreciate the logic behind removing transfer strategy from one man, but I don't get why the manager then has to take the bullet for that collective's failings. It's one thing to mismanage, quite another to fail to polish a turd. I think Sherwood falls in to the latter in this instance. 

I didn't even consider Moyes for the Villa job, but of course I'd love him back, and I'd quite like him back at a team I didn't hate too. I must admit when I heard Sherwood had gone that Brendan would be going there.

Villa are a huge mess, whether that is down to Sherwood or not.

This summer they lost their best (only?) striker in Benteke, their best midfielder in Delph and their best defender in Vlaar. 

A year ago they bought a lot of English players, many of whom weren't good enough, so this summer they bought a load of unknown foreign players who also look like they aren't good enough.

Their owner has been trying to sell for a couple of years, their scouting set up is patently awful. If we stay up we'll probably play them next year.

No big surprise to see TS sacked especially after his comments yesterday about the club being in a mess.

Villa have been in a mess since O'Neill walked.

Danny Murphy was spot on (as usual) when he questioned on MOTD last night who is actually signing the players......too many there are simply not PL quality. Murphy talks so much sense. Very refreshing.

Villa are a huge mess, whether that is down to Sherwood or not.

This summer they lost their best (only?) striker in Benteke, their best midfielder in Delph and their best defender in Vlaar. 

A year ago they bought a lot of English players, many of whom weren't good enough, so this summer they bought a load of unknown foreign players who also look like they aren't good enough.

Their owner has been trying to sell for a couple of years, their scouting set up is patently awful. If we stay up we'll probably play them next year.

Crazy to think that Vlaar hasn't got another club yet!

I think the criticism leveled at Sherwood is pretty harsh. I know a big football agent, who manages Paul Lambert (also very highly rated when he went to Villa) who has some interesting stories to tell about Villa, especially wage structure and transfer policy/possibility, or lack there of.

The problem is not Lambert or Sherwood, it's Randy, ask any Villa fan, they all want him gone, he is running the club into the ground.

As for Sherwood, don't forget his win record at Spurs was as good as any, there's some big names on this list. I'm sure he will get another chance and could be a top manager.

1. Tim Sherwood - 59%
  2. Andre Villas-Boas - 53.7%,
  3. Mauricio Pochettino - 52%,
  4. Harry Redknapp - 49.3%,
  5. Juane Ramos - 28.57%

Always find it strange how teams like Villa hire & fire after a few bad results, the team will always be in that space between 11th to 20th every single season unless major investment is made, regardless of which mediocre manager they bring in.

Their only hope each season is a decent cup run which Sherwood oversaw last season.

seriously?!

He's a great defender

he'd be a good back up for someone like le Arse

He is still out injured, having had two operations on his knee in a short period, I think the last one was on knee ligaments. So at 30ish now, it would a gamble for any club to sign him up, just to pay for his re-hab when he may never recover fully again.

I think the criticism leveled at Sherwood is pretty harsh. I know a big football agent, who manages Paul Lambert (also very highly rated when he went to Villa) who has some interesting stories to tell about Villa, especially wage structure and transfer policy/possibility, or lack there of.

The problem is not Lambert or Sherwood, it's Randy, ask any Villa fan, they all want him gone, he is running the club into the ground.

As for Sherwood, don't forget his win record at Spurs was as good as any, there's some big names on this list. I'm sure he will get another chance and could be a top manager.

1. Tim Sherwood - 59%
  2. Andre Villas-Boas - 53.7%,
  3. Mauricio Pochettino - 52%,
  4. Harry Redknapp - 49.3%,
  5. Juane Ramos - 28.57%

I don't think you can quote figures when Sherwood has hardly managed many games .

I don't think you can quote figures when Sherwood has hardly managed many games .

You could argue that, but it doesn't make those figures any less factual, and they highlight the decent job he did for Spurs in short time (it was 17 games). Who knows what he would have done if he were given the full time job? We will never know.

You could argue that, but it doesn't make those figures any less factual, and they highlight the decent job he did for Spurs in short time (it was 17 games). Who knows what he would have done if he were given the full time job? We will never know.

I think he needs to go championship , league 1 , learn his trade from there .

What was side at the time was that AVB had effectively frozen out players (Adebayor) and demoralized others.  Sherwood came in and was (refreshingly) nice to everybody which meant all the under-performing players suddenly started trying so they had a good run.  However they did say that his tactics were non-existent and he just sent them out to play and let them sort it out.

So to my mind he may well turn out to be a good manager but it's very much "not proven".

I think he needs to go championship , league 1 , learn his trade from there .

Given the good short term job he did at Spurs, then at Villa keeping them up, I could see him getting a job at one of the lower prem teams when 'sacking season' starts. Maybe a Norwich, Watford or even Newcastle if they're struggling. He does seem to motivate players well short term. But I can't think of any other prem clubs who would take him now, so a drop to the champ (if his ego can stomach it) seems most likely.

Archived