IGNORED

Sherwood Sacked By Villa

Nomad

Any manager who wins 20 points from 23 games is going to get the sack

zero signs of progression as well which is the only thing that will save you with that record

must win game three games ago he plays 3-5-2 for the first time ever and left grealish on the bench

after the Leicester game he couldn't speak and was near tears. Not good for a manager

out of his depth massively 

Young managers need to learn their craft in the lower leagues. Getting a Prem job as your first gig is a pressure cooker waiting to go off. 

Look at Jimmy flloyd at button took them up from league two to league one, doing well and would probably be the first to admit he's still learning the craft. 

Take a big job too early and then you're on the scrapheap. Moyes, Rodgers, Howe etc all took lower league clubs through the leagues and are now established names 

That confirmed or on the basis that he`s mates with Power?

Haha no nothing confirmed. Putting it out there. He doesn't seem the type to stick out media work, would want to get straight back in asap. Mates with Power too as you said. Could get 25/1 on it the other day but probably less now. Almost stuck a fiver on!

edit 2/1 now!

image.png

I like Tim Sherwood. He done exceptionally well at Tottenham and Villa hardly helped him this summer, selling their 3 best players and not really given him the funds to replace them. I was surprised to see him sacked to be honest, as personally feel Villa are just punching at present and there is no obvious candidate to come in and do a better job. I don't doubt Sherwood will struggle to get another Premier League job, but I think if he gets a stable job with a club who backs their manager he will succeed. 

I like Tim Sherwood. He done exceptionally well at Tottenham and Villa hardly helped him this summer, selling their 3 best players and not really given him the funds to replace them. I was surprised to see him sacked to be honest, as personally feel Villa are just punching at present and there is no obvious candidate to come in and do a better job. I don't doubt Sherwood will struggle to get another Premier League job, but I think if he gets a stable job with a club who backs their manager he will succeed. 

is Sherwood mates with Power from their Norwich days?

Moyes just made one mistake but who could blame him for wanting a shot at one of the top four domestic jobs. TBH anyone would have struggled under the circumstances.

Agreed, the Man U team was running out of steam and was going to need serious surgery whoever took over.  They were always going to struggle for a few years.

Some revisionism there on Sherwood's spell at Spurs: the season he was in charge was the only season in the past 6 they finished outside the top 5, and his overall record as manager was worse than the person he replaced.

He seems a decent enough person,  but appears out of his depth as a top flight manager.  In the pool of managers who think tactics are wee white mints.

Archived