IGNORED

Couldn't be prouder

Fordy62

A really really brilliant performance. And Korey Smith proving that he's absolutely vital to us. 

Marshall in their goal had a brilliant game, but that's the calibre of keeper we're going to be up against. 

If we we play like that every week then we'll be nowhere near the drop. 

A brillaint performance. I'm one happy chap aside from the fact that it should've been 3 points. 

A really really brilliant performance. And Korey Smith proving that he's absolutely vital to us. 

Marshall in their goal had a brilliant game, but that's the calibre of keeper we're going to be up against. 

A brillaint performance. I'm one happy chap aside from the fact that it should've been 3 points. 

Marshall man of the match on Sky - says it all.

Whilst I completely agree with the sentiment, how long can we keep saying 'we didn't get the result that the performance deserved' ?

Not a dig at anyone tonight as I share much of your views, and feel very proud of the lads tonight, but we're now well over a quarter of the way into the season and still saying that we're not getting the rub of the green. 

I really hope we turn that corner soon and things click because we seem so, so close to being a force. But as for now it's still yet another case of what could/should have been. 

No doubt we'll look back and feel this was a good point but hard to feel anything other than this was a case of two dropped tonight on the performance. 

But isn't the problem that we HAVE been playing like that every week, and we ARE near the drop?

I know we all keep thinking something has to give soon, but there is obviously something that is stopping us from turning these performances into 3 points, and it isn't Kodjia.

I don't want us to be still praising our performances with 30 games played and 30 points on the board. 

Whilst I completely agree with the sentiment, how long can we keep saying 'we didn't get the result that the performance deserved' ?

Not a dig at anyone tonight as I share much of your views, and feel very proud of the lads tonight, but we're now well over a quarter of the way into the season and still saying that we're not getting the rub of the green. 

I really hope we turn that corner soon and things click because we seem so, so close to being a force. But as for now it's still yet another case of what could/should have been. 

No doubt we'll look back and feel this was a good point but hard to feel anything other than this was a case of two dropped tonight on the performance. 

Well let's put it this way, we look far more capable of staying up than we ever did in our last relegation season and the players even look like they give a shit unlike the last relegation.

Let's try some ratings:

Fielding 6. Little to do. 

Bryan 6. Started of wasteful, but improved. 

Flint 6. Lost his man a couple of times but pretty average for him. 

Williams 7. With every game I think he looks more and more comfortable on the ball. 

Ayling 8. Really good interplay with Freeman and brilliant on the ball  

Bennett 8. Really, really dangerous and so hard working. I'd like him to sign permanently.

Pack 7. Good solid performance. 

Smith 9. Was everywhere. Without doubt our best player. 

Freeman 7. I thought they did quite a good number on him. Kept him quietish but grew as the game went on. 

Wilbs 6. He does a lot that goes unnoticed but I though that the ref was harsh on him tonight.

Kodjia 8. If the first 30 minutes hadn't existed, then it would have been a 10. It's just sad that he'll be leaving in the summer.

Well let's put it this way, we look far more capable of staying up than we ever did in our last relegation season and the players even look like they give a shit unlike the last relegation.

Absolutely we do. I've been saying all season that this is not a side that should be where we are. It's just a case of how long we can keep saying that! If we play as well as this but are still down here after 20,30,40 games?

I don't think for a minute we will be, it really does feel like we're on the cusp of a victory that will ignite our season, it really felt like it could/should have been tonight, and I think we're all scratching our heads as to how we aren't coming away with three points tonight. 

But isn't the problem that we HAVE been playing like that every week, and we ARE near the drop?

I know we all keep thinking something has to give soon, but there is obviously something that is stopping us from turning these performances into 3 points, and it isn't Kodjia.

I don't want us to be still praising our performances with 30 games played and 30 points on the board. 

No, we haven't.

Reading passed the ball around us and made us look poor, today we went to a top eight side and did it to them.

Ameobi's horrible miss aside they were absolutely no threat at all, if we continue to restrict teams to very few chances we'll stay up.

I was saying to my old man the other day who is a bit of an armchair critic that I think this group is giving everything they have, which might mean us coming up short a couple of times this season but you cannot fault them for trying to win matches and they way the play, particularly this evening. Excellent at times tonight.

This is the same team we had from last year, just take the chances and we will be a force. Let the haters hate and go back into the shadows. 

err, or check our place in the table a substantial number of games into the season, not sure we will be a "force" to be honest. Mid table mediocrity would do me now.

Absolutely we do. I've been saying all season that this is not a side that should be where we are. It's just a case of how long we can keep saying that! If we play as well as this but are still down here after 20,30,40 games?

I don't think for a minute we will be, it really does feel like we're on the cusp of a victory that will ignite our season, it really felt like it could/should have been tonight, and I think we're all scratching our heads as to how we aren't coming away with three points tonight. 

What could SC have changed tonight?, none of the players appeared to tire, just imagine the shit on here now had SC made subs and we had leaked a goal, the bloke can't win, I don't see anything that SC could have done to influence the result of that game, if I did have a criticism tonight, neither striker gambled when Bryan or Bennett got free and whipped over crosses in the 6 yard box and sometimes we slowed things down on the edge of their box.

My MOM was Ayling who was good all night, especially in defence.

What he said

What could SC have changed tonight?, none of the players appeared to tire, just imagine the shit on here now had SC made subs and we had leaked a goal, the bloke can't win, I don't see anything that SC could have done to influence the result of that game, if I did have a criticism tonight, neither striker gambled when Bryan or Bennett got free and whipped over crosses in the 6 yard box and sometimes we slowed things down on the edge of their box.

My MOM was Ayling who was good all night, especially in defence.

I agree, there are games where you just really don't get what you deserve and I can't imagine what id be feeling had that Ameobi chance gone in, as that would have been amongst the most unjust results of all time. 

In terms of changes - well we didn't make one other than for the injury which is odd, not something you see often (no tactical subs made in a game). If I were in his place I'd have certainly had someone with more pace than Wilbs on around the hour mark but I'm in no position to doubt his decisions. 

But absolute credit to the lads tonight, that was as good as you can play and not win, let's just hope that things fall into place and we finally start getting the results that the performances seemingly deserve  

I agree, there are games where you just really don't get what you deserve and I can't imagine what id be feeling had that Ameobi chance gone in, as that would have been amongst the most unjust results of all time. 

In terms of changes - well we didn't make one other than for the injury which is odd, not something you see often (no tactical subs made in a game). If I were in his place I'd have certainly had someone with more pace than Wilbs on around the hour mark but I'm in no position to doubt his decisions. 

But absolute credit to the lads tonight, that was as good as you can play and not win, let's just hope that things fall into place and we finally start getting the results that the performances seemingly deserve  

Well I wouldn't have, I didn't see him tire at all tonight and after a dodgy start when he came on Bryan looked his old self in the 2nd half.

Didn't think he tired, but didn't offer anything much in truth and so what harm in trying something else? Odd to have Cox here (probably on a good wedge) and choose not to use him even as an impact sub for 5-10 mins.

You can't deny its a bit odd to see a team not use a substitute all game (out of choice). In fact it's pretty much unheard of. Even the fittest of people aren't able to give the same effort after 90 mins of running as they are at the start of the game. 

But that's enough of that as it's being made to sound negative, and like the OP I'm immensely proud of the performance tonight. We could have won on Tuesday and should have won tonight. 6 points instead of 1. Small margins. 

We are so close to the catalyst that kick starts our season, I hope. 

I know what you mean. However our away form is decent (6 points from 7 games) against some top end teams. What we really need to start doing is winning at home.. 

Didn't think he tired, but didn't offer anything much in truth and so what harm in trying something else? Odd to have Cox here (probably on a good wedge) and choose not to use him even as an impact sub for 5-10 mins.

You can't deny its a bit odd to see a team not use a substitute all game (out of choice). In fact it's pretty much unheard of. Even the fittest of people aren't able to give the same effort after 90 mins of running as they are at the start of the game. 

But that's enough of that as it's being made to sound negative, and like the OP I'm immensely proud of the performance tonight. We could have won on Tuesday and should have won tonight. 6 points instead of 1. Small margins. 

We are so close to the catalyst that kick starts our season, I hope. 

Sorry but IMO you are wrong, he was a rock defensively, always closing down, took a lot of pressure off of Kodjia in the 2nd half to make his dangerous runs, as I said both strikers could possibly be criticised for not gambling in the 6 yard box all night.

Problem is that there isn't much difference between a lot of teams in this league. PNE and MKD have also apparently outplayed some teams. We need to keep working on cutting out the lapses - like the one Ameobi should have buried.Just playing well isn't enough to keep us up.Kodjia is class though and with more help could make the difference.

Archived