IGNORED

Couldn't be prouder

Fordy62

Sorry but IMO you are wrong, he was a rock defensively, always closing down, took a lot of pressure off of Kodjia in the 2nd half to make his dangerous runs, as I said both strikers could possibly be criticised for not gambling in the 6 yard box all night.

Didn't say he was poor, just the obvious candidate for replacement with a more than capable alternative on the bench with fresh legs. 

Like I said it's very unusual for a side to not make any voluntary substitutions - Ameobi could and should have won it for Cardiff and if he had we'd all be saying how the reluctance to utilise the bench cost us. 

Got to start scoring goals ... simples or else we going back down with an empty stadium.

Should of won that easily tonight they dint even come into our half in the first 45 and the second they weren't much better . We got to start putting shit like that to bed .. end of !!

Didn't say he was poor, just the obvious candidate for replacement with a more than capable alternative on the bench with fresh legs. 

Like I said it's very unusual for a side to not make any voluntary substitutions - Ameobi could and should have won it for Cardiff and if he had we'd all be saying how the reluctance to utilise the bench cost us. 

and vice versa had he made changes and Ameobi scored, personally if I was going to make a substitution I would have taken Freeman off for Reid, can't fault Freemans commitment and he is not a player who hides but didn't really create much tonight IMO.

and vice versa had he made changes and Ameobi scored, personally if I was going to make a substitution I would have taken Freeman off for Reid, can't fault Freemans commitment and he is not a player who hides but didn't really create much tonight IMO.

Yeah wasn't Freeman's best game, just got to start taking some chances. A good away point  in the grand scheme but 20 attempts and no goal is a head-scratcher. One of those nights I guess. 

Lets hope we play as well on Saturday, confidence should be high after tonight. 

I don't quite get the Kodjia love-in tonight. I felt he was fairly anonymous until the last 20 minutes when he did play some really good stuff. That's four games i've seen him in this season and he's probably been a 6 or 7 out of 10. By all accounts, he's obviously a player with vast potential, but it was only shown in small doses tonight. 

I thought it was a brilliant team performance tonight though. Made me really proud to be a City fan, and I feel confident we will be safe.

I'd like to thank everyone for liking my original post and contributing to my very first 'popularity medal'. 

I couldn't have done it without you. 

What the **** is a popularity medal!....Sounds like something you get for being last!

However, we were great and despite everything thats been said IMO the goals will start coming soon!

Congrats by the way!...

A really really brilliant performance. And Korey Smith proving that he's absolutely vital to us. 

Marshall in their goal had a brilliant game, but that's the calibre of keeper we're going to be up against. 

If we we play like that every week then we'll be nowhere near the drop. 

A brillaint performance. I'm one happy chap aside from the fact that it should've been 3 points. 

Great comments , i agree with everything you say , well done .

I'm sorry, but was I watching a different game to everyone else? I'm a bit confused as to why the words "proud" and "good performance" are being used? We may have dominated possession but it was hardly a great performance.  We were very sloppy when we had the ball, far too many long punts up field and Wilbs is really starting to frustrate me.  Cardiff missed 2 absolute sitters!!

Again, the only shining light from that game was Kodjia. 

We still look so weak at the back. 

Not having this "great performance" I'm afraid. 

I'm sorry, but was I watching a different game to everyone else? I'm a bit confused as to why the words "proud" and "good performance" are being used? We may have dominated possession but it was hardly a great performance.  We were very sloppy when we had the ball, far too many long punts up field and Wilbs is really starting to frustrate me.  Cardiff missed 2 absolute sitters!!

Did we not restrict Cardiff to NO shots on target? did we not win at Boro and with a clean sheet, also did we not give the leaders a fright and almost a beating;

We outplayed a team full of ex prem players, yet still that's not good enough for some.

so typical of our season so far .. NO GOALS ..!! We can be the best team but nothing in the net. I watched tonight's game with some derby and Sheffield fans and they couldn't believe how we didn't win but unless you DO score ....................

There you go, I knew what you meant!

The answer to your first question is yes.

What exactly makes you think we look weak at the back? We restricted a top 8 team at home to two chances and no shots on target, what more can you expect?

How were we "sloppy on the ball" when we dominated posession and created numerous chances? I thought some of our posession play was superb.

We are a Championship side, not Champions League contenders. Apart from the obvious lack of a goal, I'm not sure what more you could expect from a side at our level.

We battered Cardiff last night, they knew it, we knew it and the Sky cameras did aswell.

Bugger! I shall be away on Saturday :( 

I am away all the time!    But what a great performance from the boys, just a shame they didn't get what they deserved, a win over the RED/BLUE's, why can't we be on SKY all the time.  Oh! and by the way did anyone expect Hollowhead to be the pundit,  surprise, surprise!

How is "no goals" typical of our season?

CR we seem to be all over teams on many occasions this season and absolutely murdering them but we very rarely take advantage of all our possession and pressure by scoring and giving us breathing space. The table don't lie we have scored 15 but I think back to all the chances we have created but they just aint going in the net.

Did we not restrict Cardiff to NO shots on target? did we not win at Boro and with a clean sheet, also did we not give the leaders a fright and almost a beating;

We outplayed a team full of ex prem players, yet still that's not good enough for some.

The stats will say "No shots on target", but you'd be a fool to think that 9 times out of 10 SA miss wouldn't have been scored.  

Anyway, if my nan had wheels she'd be a bike.  

I'm not saying that last night wasn't a good performance, topped off by another good showing by Kodjia, but it wasn't this great performance that some people are talking about (in my opinion).  I certainly didn't think we played anywhere near as good as we did in the first 30 minutes of the Nottingham Forest game. Now that was great football. 

I think people just need to settle down, see last night as a good team performance that we can build upon.

P.s, I'm not sure what the Boro win and Brighton results have to do with last night?  

CR we seem to be all over teams on many occasions this season and absolutely murdering them but we very rarely take advantage of all our possession and pressure by scoring and giving us breathing space. The table don't lie we have scored 15 but I think back to all the chances we have created but they just aint going in the net.

It's goals against that have been the main issue - we have failed to score in only 3 out of 13 games. 

On the other hand only one team in the league have conceded more. 

Over the 90 minutes, I thought we were far better than against Forest. Now I don't travel, I rarely get to see two consecutive games, but I saw a real improvement over the 9 days. 

As to the result, SOD was quite right when he said that you can plan for the performance, but not for the result. That will always be the case in a low-scoring game like football. 

Cotts said much the same in his interview while, praising our performance. So, for that matter, did the Sky pundits. The real experts on OTIB, of course, know better. 

Frankly, I'd rather listen to Horace. At least he goes to the games ;) 

Archived