IGNORED

Couldn't be prouder

Fordy62

Durden said on RB that some C*rdiff fans spoke to him at the end and couldn't believe we didn't win, mentioned it in the post match interview with SC

Was busy, so didn't watch it, but listened - sounded like it was one of those that we should've won, but could've lost. I'm happy with a point, but at some point we need to start scoring goals on a regular basis. My only moan from the Forest game was that we didn't go for it. As Badger said we ripped them a new one for 30 mins, then kind of sat back. Go for it, stick 5 or 6 into the ******s, give the lads confidence that we can do that against teams at this level. We are going to rinse someone before too long, can't bloody wait

Durden said on RB that some C*rdiff fans spoke to him at the end and couldn't believe we didn't win, mentioned it in the post match interview with SC

Was busy, so didn't watch it, but listened - sounded like it was one of those that we should've won, but could've lost. I'm happy with a point, but at some point we need to start scoring goals on a regular basis. My only moan from the Forest game was that we didn't go for it. As Badger said we ripped them a new one for 30 mins, then kind of sat back. Go for it, stick 5 or 6 into the ******s, give the lads confidence that we can do that against teams at this level. We are going to rinse someone before too long, can't bloody wait

The difference last night is that we went for it for 93 minutes. Play like that all season, and the moaners will be complaining about missing the pray-offs.

The stats will say "No shots on target", but you'd be a fool to think that 9 times out of 10 SA miss wouldn't have been scored.  

Anyway, if my nan had wheels she'd be a bike.  

I'm not saying that last night wasn't a good performance, topped off by another good showing by Kodjia, but it wasn't this great performance that some people are talking about (in my opinion).  I certainly didn't think we played anywhere near as good as we did in the first 30 minutes of the Nottingham Forest game. Now that was great football. 

I think people just need to settle down, see last night as a good team performance that we can build upon.

P.s, I'm not sure what the Boro win and Brighton results have to do with last night?  

Ask them or there fans if we "have a weak defence"

If we were a top 6 side we'd have been disappointed. We'd have expected to at least matched Cardiff in terms of possession and chances and given that we dominated both we'd expect to have beaten them.

We're not a top 6 side, though. We're a newly-promoted side that was only outside the relegation zone on goal difference, travelling to an away match at a ground where we've never won, against a side who were in the Premier League a couple of years back and who fancy themselves for promotion. Therefore, to have been in the position where we maybe should have won is an achievement in itself.

I think the team is better than the league position shows. If they keep up the level of performance they've turned in recently they can still have a good season. We may get to the point in the Spring where we're a few points shy of a playoff place and a win at Cardiff would have made the difference. Then we may look back with disappointment. Right now, though, we're a bottom 6 side scrapping for our lives and we've just outplayed a side in the top 8. That makes it a good performance and a good result.

If we were a top 6 side we'd have been disappointed. We'd have expected to at least matched Cardiff in terms of possession and chances and given that we dominated both we'd expect to have beaten them.

We're not a top 6 side, though. We're a newly-promoted side that was only outside the relegation zone on goal difference, travelling to an away match at a ground where we've never won, against a side who were in the Premier League a couple of years back and who fancy themselves for promotion. Therefore, to have been in the position where we maybe should have won is an achievement in itself.

I think the team is better than the league position shows. If they keep up the level of performance they've turned in recently they can still have a good season. We may get to the point in the Spring where we're a few points shy of a playoff place and a win at Cardiff would have made the difference. Then we may look back with disappointment. Right now, though, we're a bottom 6 side scrapping for our lives and we've just outplayed a side in the top 8. That makes it a good performance and a good result.

I agree.

I know that people will say that it's too early to use the table for this.... But we have played 7 of the top 9 in the division and 4 of those have been away from home. Even if you removed our results against them these teams would still be in the top 10.

IMO we had a difficult set of opening fixtures on our return to this division not made any better by Preston (somehow) getting a point against us and the poor performance against MK second half . Those games go our way and the table would look considerably healthier.

We are learning as we go and even though teams have got results against us I would suggest that none of them (with the exception of Reading) are looking forward to playing us again.

I'm sorry, but was I watching a different game to everyone else? I'm a bit confused as to why the words "proud" and "good performance" are being used? We may have dominated possession but it was hardly a great performance.  We were very sloppy when we had the ball, far too many long punts up field and Wilbs is really starting to frustrate me.  Cardiff missed 2 absolute sitters!!

Again, the only shining light from that game was Kodjia. 

We still look so weak at the back. 

Not having this "great performance" I'm afraid. 

the only shining light was kodjai :laugh:,and we did play better against a very poor forest side at HOME,this was Cardiff away who are not poor,we just made them look it

I'm sorry, but was I watching a different game to everyone else? I'm a bit confused as to why the words "proud" and "good performance" are being used? We may have dominated possession but it was hardly a great performance.  We were very sloppy when we had the ball, far too many long punts up field and Wilbs is really starting to frustrate me.  Cardiff missed 2 absolute sitters!!

Smith, Pack, Bennett?

Thought Freeman was excellent as well. We bossed Cardiff for large periods of the game. If it wasnt for Marshall and the fact we hit the woodwork twice we would have been out of sight, the passing and build up play were excellent at times. Were you watching the same game as the rest of us? even quite a few neutrals were impressed with the performance.

Jeez....can't believe the negativity on here. Played well, deserved the three points on balance of play, chances, saves etc.  Lots of positive performances, players growing into their roles.  Had we got past their MOTM keeper, I suppose we'd have to find something else to moan about. 1-0 away would've been almost perfect.

Sets us up nicely for two home games.

20 shots at goal in an away game? Home team had zero shots on target and their 'keeper was MOM. I thought it was brill...

Archived