IGNORED

have we ever beaten wolves?

forbespm

There was a game we lost there in the relegation season in the late 1990s when one of our defenders passed back to Phillips who tried to kick the ball but missed and it rolled into the goal. Very depressing game.

I think the back pass was by Sebok, although must disagree, it was a very good game which we were unlucky to lose.

excuse my ignorance but when did we last beat wolves?i've followed city for years but am struggling to remember.

all that comes to mind are nightmare thrashings courtesy of steve bull and a 6-1 thrashing at home one year.

would love to see city beat them next tuesday !!

There have been a fair few 6 and 5-1 thrashings in the past. David Kelly springs to mind! 

The 2-1 away loss a few years ago was one of the most depressing games I can recall. Wolves had their first shot in the 70th minute and then scored twice in the next 10ish.

remember watching us outplay them up there and lose 2-0...Paul Jones in goal for them who played an absolute blinder,saving point blank on more than one occasion from 'tanglefoot'.....creaking memory banks say Robbie Dennison drifting inside from out wide scoring for them.

I remember that one. We'd just been drawn against Liverpool in the cup so they chose that game to hand out priority vouchers. As a result the ground was rammed , remember being in the East End stood on the seats to try and see!

There was a game we lost there in the relegation season in the late 1990s when one of our defenders passed back to Phillips who tried to kick the ball but missed and it rolled into the goal. Very depressing game.

Though, of course, the best victory was by the three little pigs!

at the risk of winning 'pedant of the day', I didn't think they had seats in the Eastend that season, I thought the Phillips miss kick was at West Brom, and Wolfie kicked the three little pigs' asses.

Otherwise, please carry on. 

Wolves are an "eat at your own risk" sort of meat. But there are famous cases of wolf eating. Probably the most famous involves Lewis and Clark. They shot 18 on their trip but ate only one--and only in desperation. But they ate the hell out of dog meat. The expedition ate 190 dogs total, according to the Natural History of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.

Under Russell Osman, remember it well.

Ian Brown's only league goal, I think and a poor mistake by future City keeper Mike Stowell.

Russell Osman is a Winner.,.. haha.. what a notion.

Haven't beat them away since 1931

A lot of records will be tumbling down like cascades in the next few years.

Quiz Time.....

.....Can anyone name the two clubs, out of the current 92, that we have not played for the longest period in either a cup or a league game? Naturally you can all get the year... thats an easy one if you think about it... well it should be.  

Wasn't there a televised game that we drew 2-2 at home, played in the most atrocious weather.  I seem to remember the wind and driving rain playing absolute havoc.

That was a brilliant game with the "Green Giant" in goal for them who we had had on loan up at the Carlisle game. Maynard laid one off for Adebola and that great man returned the favour to get the 2 -2. The wind was so strong it seemed that it was almost blowing the goal-kicks back again

Russell Osman is a Winner.,.. haha.. what a notion.

A lot of records will be tumbling down like cascades in the next few years.

Quiz Time.....

.....Can anyone name the two clubs, out of the current 92, that we have not played for the longest period in either a cup or a league game? Naturally you can all get the year... thats an easy one if you think about it... well it should be.  

Burton & Morecombe I should think - probably never played them

Thanks for clarifying, out of interest, how do you know he didn't?

Cheers...

Because it would have been reported at the time, or come out subsequently (like Tinnion's revelation about the player's reaction to Ward's sacking did) or I'd have remembered it?

That was a brilliant game with the "Green Giant" in goal for them who we had had on loan up at the Carlisle game. Maynard laid one off for Adebola and that great man returned the favour to get the 2 -2. The wind was so strong it seemed that it was almost blowing the goal-kicks back again

Wayne Hennessy was in goal for them that night whereas John Ruddy kept goal for us at Carlisle..

Because it would have been reported at the time, or come out subsequently (like Tinnion's revelation about the player's reaction to Ward's sacking did) or I'd have remembered it?

Fair play - thanks.

Glad your memory goes back to  1998-1999 - I can't remember what I had for brekkie today!

I was sure I read at the time that after a 5-0 then a 1-6 he offered to go, but as I said, my memory is rubbish!

Cheers mate...

Remember the 2-2 on Sky a few years back. Maynard and Adebola got the goals after being 2-0 down! The weather was something else that night. 

The most recent game though was losing something like 4 or 5-1 at home. Neil Danns scored a worldie for us I think!?

The lets pretend we scored a goal chants come out that day, and the 4-0 and you ****** it up.

Good times despite the shit football on display!

edit: here it is...

https://youtu.be/wv6WxF06qD8

thats the one mate, I thought it was Matt Hill. I was going to put about the pass back but I wasn't 100% Sebok was playing that's right. did that game end 5-1 or 6-1 thats the game I went to! Thought Wolves ground was alright too back then 

Archived