IGNORED

have we ever beaten wolves?

forbespm

excuse my ignorance but when did we last beat wolves?i've followed city for years but am struggling to remember.

all that comes to mind are nightmare thrashings courtesy of steve bull and a 6-1 thrashing at home one year.

would love to see city beat them next tuesday !!

I can remember a 1 nil victory at Ashton Gate back in about 1990ish. The winner being scored by the legendary Junior Bent If i remember rightly!!!

It might have been the slightly less legendary Ian Brown who got that goal, although I am happy to be corrected. I remember us beating them 3-0 at AG in the mid 80s. God knows when we last beat them at their place.

According to 11v11.com our last victory was in Dec 1993! with Allison and Brown scoring for us in a 2-1 win.

I remember that one. We'd just been drawn against Liverpool in the cup so they chose that game to hand out priority vouchers. As a result the ground was rammed , remember being in the East End stood on the seats to try and see!

According to 11v11.com our last victory was in Dec 1993! with Allison and Brown scoring for us in a 2-1 win.

Under Russell Osman, remember it well.

Ian Brown's only league goal, I think and a poor mistake by future City keeper Mike Stowell.

Yep remember that game. Ian Brown and Allison I think were our strike force. Kelly scored a consolation for them I think. Stood right next to the Wolves fans that day, had to go to the game to be able to get tickets for the Liverpool game.

somewhere in my head remembers me at Molinuex losing 6-1 I think it was? Matt Hill or someone else scored a own goal 

There was a game we lost there in the relegation season in the late 1990s when one of our defenders passed back to Phillips who tried to kick the ball but missed and it rolled into the goal. Very depressing game.

The two that stand out are opening day in the 90's lost 3-1 up there but was a cracking day. And Bennys first game at home when we took the lead and lost 6-1

Still, we followed up Benny's first game with a 5-0 reverse at Bradford! That's got to be the worst start ever for a manager?!

Didnt he offer to resign after those two disasters?!

I remember the 2:1 defeat at Molineux in 2013 very well, apart from the 2 recent playoff finals. I have never come out of a ground so depressed and disappointed. 

I remember looking at a telly after the game outside the ground to see Barnsley, Peterborough, Ipswich, all our relegation rivals won that day. That was the day we became a League one club. 

A lot have changed since 

I remember Fontaine scoring up there after Gary Johnson promising to bare his backside in Burtons window if he ever scored. I remember celebrating wildly in the crowd but in the back of my mind I just couldn't blot that image out! :blink:

Archived