IGNORED

Atyeo being swapped back

Vincent Vega

I've just had this email, thought I would share it

Thank you for your continued support and I hope you are enjoying the Sky Bet Championship season, as well as watching the Ashton Gate redevelopment continue as each match passes.

As you are aware, home and away supporters were switched in the Atyeo Stand for the 2015/16 season. However, after feedback from the Safety Advisory Group, we have been advised that these areas need to revert back to the previous seating arrangements from last season.

Therefore, we will need to relocate your season seat and issue you with a new season card – we will start to administer these seat moves the day after the Wolves game on November 3rdso please use your existing card up to and including this fixture. The new arrangements will be in place from the Hull City game (November 21st) onwards.

If you are in an unreserved block in the Atyeo (blocks N41, N40 and N39) we will re-issue your season card in blocks N35 or N36 and post it out to you. When you receive the new card please destroy the old one as it will no longer work at the turnstiles. These blocks will continue to be unreserved and flags can continue to be used here.

If you are in a reserved seat in Block N38, we will be in touch to move you to a new seat.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but the safety of supporters and a great matchday experience is of paramount importance.

If you do have any queries, please call Supporter Services on 0117 963 0600 or e-mail hello@bristol-sport.co.uk.

Kay McGinty
Head of Supporter Services

• Admin

Maybe they will bock the car park so we exit the ground in different directions, just a guess though

The main issue has been the lack of space between the home and away fans exiting the Atyeo Stand, it's amazing there haven't been flash points - especially the night we scored those late goals against Leeds. Now home fans will exit the Dolman end of the stand by where the Burger van used to be, away fans will exit from the same path as current.

The main issue has been the lack of space between the home and away fans exiting the Atyeo Stand, it's amazing there haven't been flash points - especially the night we scored those late goals against Leeds. Now home fans will exit the Dolman end of the stand by where the Burger van used to be, away fans will exit from the same path as current.

Makes sense to be honest,feel for the people who are in N38 though will they stay in the Atyeo or be moved to other stands ?

Doozer is right - just a shame no-one could see the issue when Cotts wanted the tunnel side. 

I have a feeling that the Safety Advisory Group don't care too much what happens on Ashton Road when the two sets of supporters are easily identifiable. Maybe the away fans will be walked up the A370 to Backwell before being allowed to disperse? If only there was a railway station so the non driving supporters could get a safe journey back to TM (or Portishead).

Cotts. was understandably pissed off after he got personal grief - and a few plastic bottles - hurled at him from close range by the PNE fans last season.

They objected strongly that he previously managed their rivals Burnley.

Several of the City players also got abused at that and other games.

So it made sense to move the away fans this season and have City fans around the tunnel instead, but as it's turned out it makes even more sense to simply deny away fans close proximity to the tunnel by netting seats off, and have City fans next to the Dolman.

Good move imo., just a pity it couldn't be implemented before the Wolves game.

Who exactly are this "Safety Advisory Group"?  Who do they represent?  Can I join?

I think in the short term this makes sense.  All the City fans will be in one sweep around the stadium and the away fans can sing to the steel and clouds.

Who exactly are this "Safety Advisory Group"?  Who do they represent?  Can I join?

I think in the short term this makes sense.  All the City fans will be in one sweep around the stadium and the away fans can sing to the steel and clouds.

SAGS

Take it this means away fans will now receive a bigger allocation? Meaning less tickets for home fans available on match days?

This is a good question. The Atyeo was reconfigured in close season, seats removed and new gangways formed to create that narrow segregation block. Will the segregation now move again?

That question aside, this is clearly the best arrangement all round.

Archived