IGNORED

Football Manager 2016

Shtanley

Yeah Kodjia will be reviewed - I had to push to get him to where he is tbh. I think he needs a couple of additional preferred moves to. 

You should have enough money there to make the marquee signings, Lansdown is set as a "underwriter sugar daddy" so will pay money into the club if we make losses, so you can  spend away that transfer budget.

Yeah Kodjia will be reviewed - I had to push to get him to where he is tbh. I think he needs a couple of additional preferred moves to. 

You should have enough money there to make the marquee signings, Lansdown is set as a "underwriter sugar daddy" so will pay money into the club if we make losses, so you can  spend away that transfer budget.

Ok I think a few of those mental stats and a couple technical need boosting although his physical stats mean he will be very strong already!

Yeah I notice on FM forums a lot of people suggest doing careers with us due to the Sugar Daddy aspect

Awesome, it was probably my main qualm with the team but I was wondering whether a city fan would've reviewed him. Do you think Kelly and Dowling might go up now they've signed contracts? 

Unless you are a student or unemployed how does anyone find time to play this game?

Seems like with all the new features etc it is more time consuming than ever?

if you are a single person then you may well have  most evenings free so could easily do 2-3 hours a night instead of watching TV. 

I have a family but work away a lot so manage about 3 hours a week. Hotel rooms on your own 3 nights a week is very boring! 

Would people say Kodjia was a target man? If you're going by the descriptions FM provide I'd have said he was a Complete Forward.

Does being a sugar daddy mean the chairman is more likely to grant additional requests for transfer funds? As really as said above could easily spend more than £3m, maybe £4-4.5m could represent a more realistic value while not meaning too much can be spread out over time?

Would people say Kodjia was a target man? If you're going by the descriptions FM provide I'd have said he was a Complete Forward.

Does being a sugar daddy mean the chairman is more likely to grant additional requests for transfer funds? As really as said above could easily spend more than £3m, maybe £4-4.5m could represent a more realistic value while not meaning too much can be spread out over time?

I think Advanced forward is the best one. Due to his lack of strength and defensive work

Researchers don't pick the role of the players, the game just lets you know which role is best suited to the attributes that I've selected. 

Freeman - I've put him down as a natural CAM, again the ratings are the game suggesting his attributes are better suited to a left winger. 

The thing you need to remember about star ratings and role/position ratings is that they're upon the assistant managers ability to judge ability (if that makes sense), means they're very subjective. 

Id suggest playing the players in positions you feel they'll perform better based on attributes and not ratings. I've got freeman playing CM and doing well despite it not being his natural position - just by playing him there he's being trained in that position and role anyway so will become better given time 

Yeah I had to give Smith a new contract to settle him down. 

Im in January and doing well with 3 at the back, started with Freeman behind the strikers but had to move him back into a midfield 3 to make it more solid. Sitting 2nd in the league, Moore's loan ending was a big problem for me. 

Youll need to get the wingbacks attacking to have success with it

Ive already have Korey Smith spit his dummy out because I rejected a £800k bid from Sheff Weds for him. Fulham are sniffing around Freeman as well. Im attempting to get 3 at the back work, something ive never had much joy with on FM. 

I had Wednesday after Smith and Fulham after Freeman as well, with Smith wanting to move then signing a new contract. 

6 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Got to the end of a very tough first season, finished 17th,  was looking forward to a nice new transfer budget only to be given 110K!!!!! :blink: thats transfer budget not wage, looks like im in for another tough season.

That needs tweaking then, think it's reasonable to assume we'll have more than that if we stay up next summer !

Sold smith and fielding for about 1.7mill combined, fogot to check the amount available for transfers first like a noob and only got 15% back! so its been a real struggle finding players for next to nohthing but season 2 im going with this (Bentley is available for free at the end of season 1) JET's back :cool:

s3.jpg

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting you've not got a ball playing defender in the 3. I've previously used one central, one limited and one ball playing.

Normally I do but I think because my team is weaker than most of the others in the championship I'll play it safe with 3 central.

I started one jobless, and eventually ended up at Barrow, but subscribed to the news on city and saw a bit for Freeman by Fulham, saw someone else on this thread has the same and wonder whether it will be like on FM15 where City always signed Jonathan Douglas if you weren't managing them

Also I'm playing with 5-3-2 WB at Barrow, and both teams have scored in every game so far (only had about 11 or 12 though). Next game for me is away at Rochdale in the FA cup 2nd round replay, after coming from 3-0 down at half time to get a draw, a win would draw me against Wigan for a third consecutive League 1 team

Somehow managed to get City promoted first time on Beta.

Kodjia scored me 30 goals backed up by free agent Eagles who scored 18 and Freeman who got 10. For anyone starting with City I would recommend Harrison Reed and Gael Bigirimana on Loan both class CMs.

563a3c9e6ff45_Tactics_Overview.thumb.png

Sky Bet Championship_ Overview Profile.png

Team Report_  Stats.png

Oh and not a bad little budget to get the squad up to standard

Inbox_  Inbox.png

So, yesterday I hit the same point of the season that we are at now, I loaned 2 strikers and another Midfield player.. My formation as you can see is 4-3-3 (Attacking mid behind the strikers) Had a little shakey start had a couple of big losses.. Managed to find myself in 10th place, I did push into the Play Off's just after this but I'm back down to 13th as it currently stands. I beat Bolton (My next game and ours in real life) 2-0 then didn't win in five and could feel the hate coming from OTIB in my virtual world, managed to end up beating QPR 2-0.. Will keep peopled updated on the rest of my season if interested?563a49f011b75_ScreenShot2015-11-03at12.2563a4a41ed715_ScreenShot2015-11-03at12.2563a49f915d15_ScreenShot2015-11-03at12.2563a49f915d15_ScreenShot2015-11-03at12.2

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 12.22.24.png

On 30 October 2015 at 11:25:59, GriffiN94 said:

For people playing with a 3 at the back system how have you set up your midfield and strikers? I'm sitting a few points off the playoff but the strikers don't get involved much and miss a lot of sitters.

I tailor it player by player, using their strengths 

Just started as City.

Got Man Utd as my feeder club & signed Sam Johnstone (GK), Jesse Lingard (AMC), Andreas Pereira (MC) & Matheus Pareira (AMRLC) all on loan for the season.

I have also signed Jason Cummings (ST) from Hibs £450k, Rico Henry (LB) from Walsall £1.1m, Jamie Hopcutt (AMCRL) £250k, Bradley Ede (MC) £37k for my U21's & I also have Lincoln (AMLC) £1.4m from Gremio coming in in January.

The club also stumped up £2.6m for Charis Mavrias (M/AMR) from Sunderland!!

I've coughed up £4.43m in transfers & only gained £32.5k back!!

im playing a 4-1-1-3-1 formation & after 10 games I'm top of the table by 2 points on 24 points with a goal difference of +10.

Happy with how things are although Kodjia is out injured at the moment.

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Kodjia's heading downgraded to a measly 8 now in the full release

Not sure whats happened here - I've had no hand in any upgrades or downgrades. The French researchers did his stats originally.

5 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Interestingly we are now now predicted 23rd instead of 24th. We haven't even got Elliot Bennett on loan though which is quite annoying. Kodjia hasn't improved as much as I thought he would.

Short term loans are not included in the games

Archived