IGNORED

Football Manager 2016

Shtanley

Had a problem so starting a new league now for people that wanna join for a laugh

search for OTIB Draft League

got space for 6 teams, each team starts with £250 million to pick a draft squad and battle it out in a league playing each team home and away

Bit Footy Manager fan here, already played a save with Bristol City on this years game, obviously won all the biggies, Champs League, FA Cup, Premier League loads of times etc. Got promoted first year running; I play a 4-2-3-1 DM Wide Asymmetric. Best player for me was undoubtedly Artem Kravets up front: my assistant kept saying he was nowhere near good enough for this level yet he'd bang in 40 goals a season consistently in all competitions. After City I did careers with Blackpool, Rangers and Aberystwyth Town, and am now doing one where I rebuild Portsmouth. 2017-18 season atm, been promoted back-to-back as league champions, won the JPT two times in a row as well. Currently sitting top of the Championship in late March 2018, Kieran Agard has been my striker for this season and the one before. Got him from City for around £500k. Scored 34 goals in the league this season. Mad stuff! Also got Adam El-Abd for £25k from City, serves as great cover for my centre-backs, may not have too much talent but is fantastic when you just need to really fill that hole. For the record, City are currently 4th in the Championship, with Steve Cotterill still as manager!

Taking a break from my Barrow save, so started one as City manager, actually in the middle of my first friendly now, my line up is

Hamer

Ayling    Flint     Baker    Bryan

Smith

Pack            Morrell

Burns                               Freeman

Kodjia

Haven't had time to make any signings yet, but made a couple of bids for talented youngsters. 

1 hour ago, City169 said:

Taking a break from my Barrow save, so started one as City manager, actually in the middle of my first friendly now, my line up is

Hamer

Ayling    Flint     Baker    Bryan

Smith

Pack            Morrell

Burns                               Freeman

Kodjia

Haven't had time to make any signings yet, but made a couple of bids for talented youngsters. 

Wagstaff is giving me a tough decision to make that I don't want, and I'm at half time in my 3rd friendly.

Brought him on as a sub for Burns with 20 mins to go in first game and he gets an assist.

Brought him on as a sub for Burns with 20 mins to go in the second game and he scores

3rd game is 2 days later so I mix up the team, Waggy gets 2 first half goals.

Really wanted to utilise Burns, but if this carries on he will end up limited to being an impact sub

46 minutes ago, City169 said:

Wagstaff is giving me a tough decision to make that I don't want, and I'm at half time in my 3rd friendly.

Brought him on as a sub for Burns with 20 mins to go in first game and he gets an assist.

Brought him on as a sub for Burns with 20 mins to go in the second game and he scores

Really wanted to utilise Burns, but if this carries on he will end up limited to being an impact sub

I've been playing FM for about 8 years, and looking at the stats, you want to be playing Waggy in the bigger games. He has a huge work rate and determination. Keep him around, get him to tutor Burns, who you should use against teams with slow full backs alongside a taller striker, or as an IF against a 4-5-1, 4-2-4 or a 4-4-2.

5 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I've been playing FM for about 8 years, and looking at the stats, you want to be playing Waggy in the bigger games. He has a huge work rate and determination. Keep him around, get him to tutor Burns, who you should use against teams with slow full backs alongside a taller striker, or as an IF against a 4-5-1, 4-2-4 or a 4-4-2.

Hadn't thought about tutoring Burns, definitely sounds a good idea. Also thinking of using Burns as the lone striker if Kodjia gets tired

7 hours ago, City169 said:

Wagstaff was quality for me, would get an average rating around 7.2 for the season st least. 

Going to be a tough start to the season, just over a week until the first game and Bryan, Freeman and Fielding have all been injured. The only player I have been able to bring in so far hasn't been able to get a work permit.

I have managed to bring in Paul Scholes as a coach though.

Final friendly and Kodjia has 3 goals disallowed for offside :laugh:

3 hours ago, City169 said:

Hadn't thought about tutoring Burns, definitely sounds a good idea. Also thinking of using Burns as the lone striker if Kodjia gets tired

Problem with that is that in using wide players that aren't IFs, you are gonna end up forcing the ball in to Burns aerially. Keep it narrow if he does play as an ST.

14 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Problem with that is that in using wide players that aren't IFs, you are gonna end up forcing the ball in to Burns aerially. Keep it narrow if he does play as an ST.

planning to have a second formation i can use as well with two up top. Burns worked well alongside someone (possibly Billy Sharp) when I had him on my Barrow game in League 1, may not work as well in the championship, but I'd like to think the overall team I have is far superior 

1 hour ago, City169 said:

planning to have a second formation i can use as well with two up top. Burns worked well alongside someone (possibly Billy Sharp) when I had him on my Barrow game in League 1, may not work as well in the championship, but I'd like to think the overall team I have is far superior 

yeah, that works well if you have him as a DLF-S or an F9.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Bit of feedback on this? Play a lot of FM so think I've nailed this tactic.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616100338

gave it a try with my Barrow save, won the game 3-2, not convinced defensively as I was against a Wycombe team fighting relegation and my side had won 6, drawn 8 from the 14 beforehand and only condeded 8 before that game. will do a few more games with it to see how it works longer term for me

Archived