IGNORED

Football Manager 2016

Shtanley

6 hours ago, City169 said:

I play on laptop, there is a trimmed down version for ipad called "football manager handheld 2016" cost is £7 for it. 

6 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I play on a laptop but had the iPad version a couple of years ago, it's simplified as mentioned but still thought it was very good! Probably the better alternative for you as well mate, I imagine the desktop/laptop version could be quite overwhelming for a beginner.

Thanks guys 

9 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Game is so frustrating. They need to sort out transfers. When I get offers for Freeman or Smith they are like 1.2-1.6m but if you try to buy someone of the same value you have to pay 5-8m. You basically have to rely on loans and transfer listed players or free agents. Gets boring. Also done it with larger clubs. Real Madrid wanted 85m for Varane. I know he's a good young player but 85m? Joke 

I know where you're coming from but I don't see a lot wrong with that. Clubs are going to demand ridiculous fees if they simply don't want to sell. If transfers were easy we might be sat here with a decent championship side!

I haven't actually done one with City yet, have been exploring foreign leagues for a change. Have a good save with a team called MVV Mastricht who start in the Dutch second tier, managed to come 4th in the Eredivisie last season but we have fairly small wage budget so I'm heavily reliant on loans. Last season at least 12 long term loans made up my squad of 18 at any given time. (No restrictions to worry about in Holland). Makes every pre-season a complete scramble to get the players in though!

21 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I know where you're coming from but I don't see a lot wrong with that. Clubs are going to demand ridiculous fees if they simply don't want to sell. If transfers were easy we might be sat here with a decent championship side!

No I'm all for tough transfers but you don't have the same power with your players as the AI clubs. If someone is coming in for Luke Freeman, I should be able to demand something like 4m for him and still have the team be interested. 

Or let's put it this way, if I'm say QPR and went in for Luke Freeman, you can bet Bristol City are asking for 5m or so. Whereas if I turn down a 1.5m offer for him, he'll complain and want to leave anyway. It's not exactly the most realistic. At the start anyway. I haven't played it long enough to have release clauses for everyone. Don't know if that makes it better. 

17 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

No I'm all for tough transfers but you don't have the same power with your players as the AI clubs. If someone is coming in for Luke Freeman, I should be able to demand something like 4m for him and still have the team be interested. 

Or let's put it this way, if I'm say QPR and went in for Luke Freeman, you can bet Bristol City are asking for 5m or so. Whereas if I turn down a 1.5m offer for him, he'll complain and want to leave anyway. It's not exactly the most realistic. At the start anyway. I haven't played it long enough to have release clauses for everyone. Don't know if that makes it better. 

Ah yeah it is a complete piss take when players get angry and want to leave. I have ways of getting round it though. Tell them you'll sell them to keep them happy then put the asking price to 100m, offer him to clubs a few times demanding a non-negotiable 100m fee, clubs usually won't bother responding and the player will appreciate that you've made a "conscious effort" to sell him. Same goes for backup players that are unhappy but you need for cover, tell them you'll loan them out, so offer to clubs but attach a massive non-negotiable loan fee. :thumbsup:

27 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Ah yeah it is a complete piss take when players get angry and want to leave. I have ways of getting round it though. Tell them you'll sell them to keep them happy then put the asking price to 100m, offer him to clubs a few times demanding a non-negotiable 100m fee, clubs usually won't bother responding and the player will appreciate that you've made a "conscious effort" to sell him. Same goes for backup players that are unhappy but you need for cover, tell them you'll loan them out, so offer to clubs but attach a massive non-negotiable loan fee. :thumbsup:

I'll have to give that a go. Cheers 

Any tips on signing player !!!!

Oct, season 1 and 2nd doing nicely. Had to buy Tom Bradshaw as no one would come and loans were turned down. Injuries to Him, Agard and Kodjia , I'd sold Wilbs as he wanted off so Robinson and Wes choices up front !!!

2 draws and a defeat , heading down the table. Glad City won in the real world today.

From the start of the game as City, I've managed to pick up Jose Carlos (wide midfielder) on a freebie who is automatically worth about £4m!!

I've also managed to get on season long loans Kristoffer Ajer, (MF) starts at Start but moves to one of the big boys.

Iver Fossum (MF), starts at Stromsgodset but moves to a big club.

And Gianluca Gaudino (MF) from Bayern Munich reserves.

All of theses are very young but tipped as future stars of the game!!

Season 1 finished 9th, 69 points , 5 off of the playoffs.

Could have been better, had a spell with 3 forwards injured and had to make some panic buys.

Billy Knott £1m from Bradford 23yo

Tom Bradshaw £2.2m  (11 in 21 so not too bad)

Dexter Blackstock £935k  (8 in 13 )

Christian Poulson £37k

Kodjia ended with 18 in 31 and Freeman top rated. Season just ended and even though I had a good finish I'm still struggling to get quality in, either permanently or loan.

Kodjia is a solid striker at championship level but not premier league as I'm currently experiencing with Luton, freeman recieves constant bids all the time and korey smith is solid at both levels recommend training him as a wingback where he gets lots of assists.

I've carried on my Barrow save, now in league 1.

At one point in the conference my back 3 were all City players on loan. Derrick Williams, Adam El Abd and Lloyd Kelly

Took me 3 years to get promoted from the national league, 1 failed playoff attempt and 1 successful after being top almost the whole season. Then finished 2nd in League 2 when I was initially going to be happy to just survive. Also won the FA Trophy during my first promotion season.

I set up an affiliation with City, and got El Abd on loan from them before making it permanent for 35k, also signed Williams when his contract expired, he was key in my promotion to League 2 before I sold him to Swindon for 200k rising to 300k. 

While in League 2 I had an offer from Cardiff for Cole Dasilva, a young right wing back I signed after a trial day in either my first or second season, I believe he started at Chelsea, managed to wangle 500k rising to 800k plus sell on fee and a loan back for the remainder of the season, paying none of his wages, after this deal went through in late Jan he put in 6 MoM performances.

Also had Ryan Flynn and Billy Sharp on loan deals as they were signed by City and then frozen out of the team, both were signed as free agents before my season in League 1

After promotion I needed to redevelop the ground as Barrow don't have 1000 seats, this meant that after redevelopment the capacity is less than before, and as of 12 games in, every home league game in league 1 has been a sell out although that's only 3.5k seats, the board won't allow a redevelopment at the moment so income is limited and it becomes a viscous circle of not having the finance to redevelop.

Also noticed in my save that Kodjia has scored 20+ goals every season for City

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 15:47, LoyalRed said:

Currently languishing around 19th position approaching December (Season 1). 

Ran out of money after spending the budget on Jutkiewicz and Gleeson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lukas_Jutkiewicz
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Gleeson

The fans are not happy at all with Gleeson, even if he's just as good as Pack in the game.

Plagued by long term injuries,
Freeman - out
Kodjia - out
Wilbs - out

Agard is top scorer with 8 and is currently my only full international earning all 4 caps for Jamaica since the game started.

32 games in, still battling for survival in first season !

Managed to get up to the dizzy heights of 18th before xmas but now back in my most common position of 20th/21st

Board nearly sacked me at xmas but then I managed to pick up a couple of wins.  Out of both cups now and in a relegation dog fight with around another 6/7 clubs although both Rotherham and Preston are already too far off the pace and look dead and buried.

So what's happened?

Hamer decided to cancel his loan as he wasn't getting enough game time and as soon as he returned to Leicester, Fielding then gets injured for 7/8 weeks.  In comes O'Leary against Derby and we get stuffed 5-1.  Priority then becomes a keeper and I sign up an experienced keeper in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogdan_Lobon%C8%9B who comes in and hits the ground running, making some great match "saving" performances.

In Jan two more players depart.  The first is Moore who decides to return to Leicester and Wilbs as club captain kicks up a fuss as he's not getting enough game time following the signing of Lucas Jukiewicz, Wilbs is sold to Cambridge Utd just to stop him moaning.

Top scorer is Agard with 18, Robinson is super sub with 8 goals and then Kodjia has 6.

I replaced Moore with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo%C5%A1_Veljkovi%C4%87 on loan and just signed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Powell on loan for the end of the season.

A break from the usual discussions, bringing this one back up...

If anyone is a few seasons into the game can you have a look at how a player called Renato Sanches (Benfica) progress.

A name I have seen before and today in the BBC gossip column linked with a big money move to Man Utd. Just wondered how he looks after a few seasons, stats/value etc...

Cheers

14 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

A break from the usual discussions, bringing this one back up...

If anyone is a few seasons into the game can you have a look at how a player called Renato Sanches (Benfica) progress.

A name I have seen before and today in the BBC gossip column linked with a big money move to Man Utd. Just wondered how he looks after a few seasons, stats/value etc...

Cheers

http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/fm-2016-player-profile-renato-sanches/

its got his stats at the start and when he is 25

Started a file with City, general formations used in the year 451/442

GK: Hamer

RB: Ayling

CB: Moore/Flint when Moore left

CB: Baker

LB: Bryan/Stephen Ward

RM: Wagstaff (turned out to be one of my best players as a defensive winger)

CM: Smith

CM: Gleeson

LM: Freeman/Gladwin (signed in January)

ST: Agard (started with Kodjia as main striker, then in November/December gave Agard more game time and he finished on 16/17 goals for the season)

ST: Kodjia/Rodruigez (Everton loanee)

If 451 Agard stayed and Gladwin played CM.

Ended up finishing about 19th, had been mid table for most the season but Smith got injured and other players in the squad, Gleeson and Pack weren't up to playing the ball winning midfielder role.

Then in the summer signed 11 players with a couple departing, Hamer returned on loan for another season, Shane Duffy and Corry Evans from Blackburn, brought Greg Cunningham back. Lee Peltier from Cardiff, Jonathan Parr from Palace, Fredrik Ulvestad from Burnley, Jack Stephens from Southampton, Jon Egan from Oldham, Tom Bradshaw from Walsall and Dominic Solanke on loan.

Sold Kodjia for about £3m as he scored about 9 but was very wasteful, most the clear cut chances fell to him and sold Pack for £700,000.

Team this season:

............................ Hamer

Ayling ....... Duffy .............. Williams....... Cunningham

Wagstaff..Gleeson/Gladwin...Smith/Evans......Bryan

.................Agard..............Solanke/Bradshaw

Managed to win the league in first season playing 5-3-2 and pretty much our current team, except the addition of Harrison Reed in CM who was fantastic. Mark Little was also great as a RWB. Both Kodjia and Agard scored 15+ goals. It's all about selection consistency, training and team morale.

First season in prem as I was given a war chest of about 30 million, which I spent, asked for more and got another 20 million or so. Got to the semi final of the Capital One Cup and finished bottom half.

This season is a mid table/Europe push. Here is my current team. Only really Bryan, Baker and Smith feature anymore, but all squad players.

Zaha has been fantastic, but i'm yet to get that 20 goal a season striker.

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 19.25.19.png

20 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Managed to win the league in first season playing 5-3-2 and pretty much our current team, except the addition of Harrison Reed in CM who was fantastic. Mark Little was also great as a RWB. Both Kodjia and Agard scored 15+ goals. It's all about selection consistency, training and team morale.

First season in prem as I was given a war chest of about 30 million, which I spent, asked for more and got another 20 million or so. Got to the semi final of the Capital One Cup and finished bottom half.

This season is a mid table/Europe push. Here is my current team. Only really Bryan, Baker and Smith feature anymore, but all squad players.

Zaha has been fantastic, but i'm yet to get that 20 goal a season striker.

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 19.25.19.png

Surely you're our new gaffer? Apply.

Archived