IGNORED

The Official Champions v Fulham Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, samo II said:

Any signs of life?

Ca we at least expect to have Kodjia bump up his value with another goal?

Wonder what is going through that lad's head, what with his old team flying in France's top league?

As usual, Kodj is about the only thing to raise a smil about. He's been excellent again with his movement/trickery/power but should have scored. 

Same old same old, not being clinical and the opponents scoring with every other chance!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I'm sorry but two more goals for Fulham and heads have got to roll. And while they're at it, Lansdown has to lower the ticket prices next week. Paying premium rate for that dross is not acceptable - either he stumps up for better players or they lower the price. He cant have it both ways

Why 2 more? Is that the benchmark of turning from a thrashing to a humiliation?

• Like 1
Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

As usual, Kodj is about the only thing to raise a smil about. He's been excellent again with his movement/trickery/power but should have scored. 

Same old same old, not being clinical and the opponents scoring with every other chance!

Well, upside is players of any quality cost a fortune now at this level, so if he jumps ship then we'll be able to squeeze someone for serious coin.

The very fact this is the only upside sums up our day/season.

At least MK and Rotherham are losing; maybe we'll still have a chance if there are three other teams in as dire straights as we are come the turn of the year, though depressing how early I'm looking to other results...

17 minutes ago, Lucan said:

I've bee saying it for weeks.

people have over estimated the strength of our starting XI, the quality of management and how far "momentum" would take the club.

Improvements are needed fast

Improvements were needed in the summer. Instead we got months of nothing, followed by SL saying they didn't realise how much Championship players were paid, followed by panic attempts to sign strikers who were never going join us then last minute loans. Utter incompetence, all apparently down to Pelling since nobody else has admitted responsibility. Straightforward incompetence by all concerned as far as I can see. Any reason to assume it will be any better in January?

Edited by chinapig
1 minute ago, samo II said:

Well, upside is players of any quality cost a fortune now at this level, so if he jumps ship then we'll be able to squeeze someone for serious coin.

The very fact this is the only upside sums up our day/season.

At least MK and Rotherham are losing; maybe we'll still have a chance if there are three other teams in as dire straights as we are come the turn of the year, though depressing how early I'm looking to other results...

Knowing us we'll miss a 0 off the contract and sell him for 900k! 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Rather than going for a half time fag, I thought I'd stay in my seat.

Yeap. Today the half time entertainment is a choir. Who might, or might not be singing. They could do with an amp.

It feels like a candlelit vigil, praying for a goal or something!

Nothing against choirs but honestly who comes up with this stuff as appropriate half time entertainment at a football match? Completely out of place. 

What's wrong with through his belly win a telly! 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It feels like a candlelit vigil, praying for a goal or something!

Nothing against choirs but honestly who comes up with this stuff as appropriate half time entertainment at a football match? Completely out of place. 

What's wrong with through his belly win a telly! 

No screens in the Stadium! This has been discussed at great length already.

New idea. 'Thru my gut, win Carl Shutt'

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Rather than going for a half time fag, I thought I'd stay in my seat.

Yeap. Today the half time entertainment is a choir. Who might, or might not be singing. They could do with an amp.

Poor little buggers. Trying to entertain us when we're 4-0 down :( 

6 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Basically yeah! Conceding 6 at home is a sackable offence for me

As is being out of the game after 20 minutes in 3 out of our 6 home games so far this year.... Seriously what sort of entertainment is that?? Would you pay to see a crap 20 minute movie? And we're looking at filling a 27000 capacity stadium next year... Christ.

Edited by Kim_il_sung