IGNORED

Clueless

Nomad

Yep it wasn't good at all today and shocked he didn't bring cox on at half time to give him some reasonable game time, could have given Bobby 45 mins also.

however some very senior players let him down today. Flint awful again, freeman couldn't control the ball, Bryan was destroyed by Fredricks and wilbraham non existent. Only player who comes away with any credit is Kodjia again.

how could we be that bad after monday

4 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Am I the only one who thinks we need to make changes and now?

I thought maybe if we were in the same position by December and Cotterills refusal to change tactics maybe Xmas.

I genuinely thought we turned a corner after Forest, Brighton and Cardiff.... today we went back to square one. If the same happens with Wolves and then Bolton then serious questions have to be raised.

People keep harping on about last season and how we should give him grace... yes it was fantatstic but its long gone now. We are in a new season but completely in the mire. In the end its a results business, sadly.

The one player I would drop would be Wilbraham for Agard.

If consider Flint too. Controversial I know but was awful today and very lucky against Cardiff after falling asleep on numerous occasions.

we have Moore who is highly rated yet not getting a chance....and we've seen how good baker is

I am sorry to state the obvious but nothing will change in terms of points and a journey to safety until SL acts.  There is little, if any evidence, that the present management team can keep us in this league.  The time to act is now. In my opinion decisions should even have been made already.

References to last season's success appear to me to be totally irrelevant. We are playing in a new league in a new season.

13 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Am I the only one who thinks we need to make changes and now?

Whilst I agree we awful today, it's no suprise to see you posting this. 2 or 3 others of the SOD squad, who were adamat that Cotterill would be a disaster, will no doubt be all over this forum tonight.

Just now, Ivorguy said:

I am sorry to state the obvious but nothing will change in terms of points and a journey to safety until SL acts.  There is little, if any evidence, that the present management team can keep us in this league.  The time to act is now. In my opinion decisions should even have been made already.

References to last season's success appear to me to be totally irrelevant. We are playing in a new league in a new season.

Well for one we aren't even in the relegation zone right now. Only 2 times this season have we been outclassed IMO (Today and Reading at home), we've beaten teams like Forest and Middlesborough. He just needs to be less stubborn with his favoured personnel (Wilbs Freeman)

The next 3 months, especially January, will be huge.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Well for one we aren't even in the relegation zone right now. Only 2 times this season have we been outclassed IMO (Today and Reading at home), we've beaten teams like Forest and Middlesborough. He just needs to be less stubborn with his favoured personnel (Wilbs Freeman)

The next 3 months, especially January, will be huge.

Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham outclassed us plus we were exceptionally lucky 2nd half to get anything against the Dongers

Thought Cox was decent considering he hasn't really played in awhile. Would be all for dropping Freeman for Cox. Flint was bad. Joe Bryan doesn't deserve his pay this week. Otherwise didn't think anyone else was awful but I may be forgetting.

They matched up with us in 5-3-2 and just had better players at every position. Cotterhill was outclassed today and that was the biggest difference IMO. 

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thought Cox was decent considering he hasn't really played in awhile. Would be all for dropping Freeman for Cox. Flint was bad. Joe Bryan doesn't deserve his pay this week. Otherwise didn't think anyone else was awful but I may be forgetting.

They matched up with us in 5-3-2 and just had better players at every position. Cotterhill was outclassed today and that was the biggest difference IMO. 

Ayling was hopeless, completly exposed for many of the goals

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Lose to Wolves and I am convinced he is gone.

Sad really but his and the boards incompetence in the summer.....coupled with the fact he refuses to change his personnel and formation....it's only a matter of time.

Oh my goodness the lack of summer transfers, give it a rest and move on. Cotts wasn't happy, I'm not happy, nor my Dad but nothing we can do now. 

30 minutes ago, Londoner said:

The one player I would drop would be Wilbraham for Agard.

If consider Flint too. Controversial I know but was awful today and very lucky against Cardiff after falling asleep on numerous occasions.

we have Moore who is highly rated yet not getting a chance....and we've seen how good baker is

What about Bryan, Pack and Ayling they were just as bad. Bryan looks woefully out of his depth at this level.

45 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yep it wasn't good at all today and shocked he didn't bring cox on at half time to give him some reasonable game time, could have given Bobby 45 mins also.

however some very senior players let him down today. Flint awful again, freeman couldn't control the ball, Bryan was destroyed by Fredricks and wilbraham non existent. Only player who comes away with any credit is Kodjia again.

You don't think Smith was any good!!!!!!!

Clear MoM for me.

16 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Sad really but his and the boards incompetence in the summer.....coupled with the fact he refuses to change his personnel and formation....it's only a matter of time.

I agree this may be the case. And when do we ever do well against Wolves?

23 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

i would be surprised if they sacked him if we lose to wolves.

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

One big difference from Monday to today is that Cardiff have a champ standard keeper. Frankie IMHO is just nowhere near champ standard (actually did not think he was that great in L1 - he just didn't have much to do last year as the rest of the team were so good compared to the opposition).

27 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Ayling was hopeless, completly exposed for many of the goals

Today yes, but in most games since the start of Sept, has been really good.  No-ones allowed a poor performance on this forum.  We are playing against better players, at times they're gonna expose us.

There are 3 teams below us and there will be 3 at least, at the end of the season.

SL will do whatever he needs to do in the next transfer window and is no fool. He has spent millions on our great club and he wont let us down. People need to take a chill pill :yawn:and wake up to the fact we were never gonna storm this league it will take time.

Please don't panic and stop baying for blood....anybodies on this Halloween

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

One thing that strikes me as surprising as well. Cotts puts so much faith in Wilbs, today was a perfect opportunity to rest him up for 45 minutes.

The game was done, so give Wilbs a res for 45 minutes and get some game time into the legs of Cox or Agard.

Too simple?

No I don't believe the manager will be sacked if we lose against Wolves, but I think he should.

Why? Because he's proved inept at this level

Merely hoping he will get it right is in my opinion misguided.  He has shown no evidence of learning from his multiple mistakes this season

If he stays we run a real risk of the players losing all of their confidence

Action is overdue on the management question

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

One big difference from Monday to today is that Cardiff have a champ standard keeper. Frankie IMHO is just nowhere near champ standard (actually did not think he was that great in L1 - he just didn't have much to do last year as the rest of the team were so good compared to the opposition).

Exactly! People seem to rate him on here but Frankie just aint good enough. Stays on his line far too often putting our defence under pressure and dodgy with long shots. Pretty good reflexes and decent at distributing it but other than that just not good enough. Goalie was number 1 priority I felt in the summer, just a shame that Hamer does not look good enough either.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Today yes, but in most games since the start of Sept, has been really good.  No-ones allowed a poor performance on this forum.  We are playing against better players, at times they're gonna expose us.

Ayling has made loads of mistakes this season. I don't think it is because he is not championship standard, I just don't think he is a centre back. We are fighting for survival and we have a centre back who is not particularly good in the air, very slow on the turn and often charges up the pitch. It looks good, but is that what we really want? I don't know what Ayling's position is, but his link up play when in the final third is brilliant. He has a great touch and is a good all round player, looks like a midfielder to me. He can't read the game as a centre back. 

Archived