IGNORED

Where do we realistically go from here?

KeepUpLino

Any one who watched today's game will have seen a relagation team in the making, a Performance littered with defensive mistakes and a failure to put our chances away for the numptenth time and the away side quite simply showing us how it's done..

For me if we don't pick up a win against Wolves on Tuesday It well maybe time for Cotterill to move on..

1 minute ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Any one who watched today's game will have seen a relagation team in the making, a Performance littered with defensive mistakes and a failure to put our chances away for the numptenth time and the away side quite simply showing us how it's done..

For me if we don't pick up a win against Wolves on Tuesday It well maybe time for Cotterill to move on..

Ridiculous. Go support Leeds if thats how you want clubs to be. What do you seriously expect from us this season?

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Ridiculous. Go support Leeds if thats how you want clubs to be. What do you seriously expect from us this season?

Certainly ridiculous thing to say.

But.....at the beginning of this season I was hoping for a mid table finish and I'm still hopeful.

I would've expected us to deal actively and professionally in the transfer market in the closed season.

i also would have liked Cotterill to have a plan B in this league which he clearly doesn't'. The consistent playing of Wilbs and trying nothing else is getting beyond a joke!!

i wound like to see someone like Hasselbaink down here, very promising manager.

It is as clear as anything can be that if we persist with present management team we will not be mid table.

The management have failed to adapt to this league and until we have a management team capable of setting up teams, choosing the right players, and using substitutes sensibly, let alone training methods (how can we fail to coach Fielding how to distribute the ball?)we cannot expect the players to adapt.

It is the players I feel deeply sorry for.

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I would've expected us to deal actively and professionally in the transfer market in the closed season.

i also would have liked Cotterill to have a plan B in this league which he clearly doesn't'. The consistent playing of Wilbs and trying nothing else is getting beyond a joke!!

i wound like to see someone like Hasselbaink down here, very promising manager.

Thing is we might have looked like a relegation side today but we certainly didn't on Monday and haven't in any of our games since Reading.

Today was a dire performance and massively deflating after we seemed to turn the corner but how we respond to this in the coming week is what matters. 

We we will have bad days but appointing an inexperienced manager on the back of two good seasons in lower leagues is a gamble that has backfired on many a-club in the past. True, JFH may yet prove to be a great manager but he's yet to manage a club with his back against the wall and, at this point, I still prefer the guy with 3 or 4 promotions from the lower leagues and a JPT win.

Poor performance but talking about removing cotts shows how stupid some of our so called supporters really are. 

Just look at that shower across at the mem and how many managers they've had in the last 5 seasons. It brought instability and probably the worst footballing period in their history.

im not a fan of Ian Holloway but I do respect his footballing pedigree and last Monday he made a comment after the Cardiff game that I hadn't really considered. He said cotts had united a football club. I think he's partially right.

We all want to win but we need to take the rough with the smooth and today was very rough.

It's nothing groundbreaking though. It was obvious that our predicament was coming a mile off in the summer.

We were dealt our hand the moment the window shut. There's no point in changing manager or anything like that, it's still the same small, limited squad. If we'd have strengthened, we'd be comfortable in mid-table at least.

Who was responsible for the summer debacle? The board? Cotts? It's difficult to pinpoint who is to blame. Said before that SL needs to do one of those Q & A sessions to at least show his thinking. How we let players like JET, Cunningham and Wade Elliott go without replacing them, only bringing in one signing... did anyone at the club seriously think that was going to work? Was it complacency after a single good season in our history? Why did we not try to replicate the transfer model that brought us so much success? We did the complete opposite. Bewildering. I've repeated it many a time on here and been dismissed by a few, but a few months into the season, I feel my gripes have now been justified.

The summer transfer window was the worst in our history. So much potential missed.

24 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Fulham were nothing special, just we kept getting caught out on the break and then 3 of the 4 goals were errors by our defence and keeper.

Mccormack on the other hand was class, as were their full backs....but Dembele won't score an easier set this season.

Couldn't disagree more. The way they moved our midfield around in the first half was very good. It had the look of a premier league team playing a lower league side in a cup game.

Second half didn't count as it was a non event. We were shocking and they took full advantange.

How is this stupid?

we've played well but we still don't get results!! Not good enough

this isn't the first bloody time we've conceded 2+ this season is it?

so many fans with their heads in the sand yet they feel the need to criticise people who have a different opinion to their own.

the people who pay their money to watch their team week in week out have every right to an opinion, I have every right to be ****** off..

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Couldn't disagree more. The way they moved our midfield around in the first half was very good. It had the look of a premier league team playing a lower league side in a cup game.

Second half didn't count as it was a non event. We were shocking and they took full advantange.

Quite right - men against boys in every part of pitch

Fulham never had to win the game as they were gifted it before they had too - after then it was a conserve energy game for them - never got out of 2nd gear - O'Hara ran the show

Yet they were still closing down quicker and in greater numbers even late in second half !!!

looked like Champ against Conference I'm afraid

Having watched our performance at Cardiff I think we'd be crazy to get rid of SC. Fulham score plenty and of course we'll come up against teams that can give us a whipping but recent games have shown we can be competitive. Let's have a bit of faith and the guts to stick with our man. It's only the end of October, I think we'll be fine and the mistakes re transfers won't be allowed to happen again. Really dislike this trigger happy attitude towards managers.

15 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

Poor performance but talking about removing cotts shows how stupid some of our so called supporters really are. 

Just look at that shower across at the mem and how many managers they've had in the last 5 seasons. It brought instability and probably the worst footballing period in their history.

im not a fan of Ian Holloway but I do respect his footballing pedigree and last Monday he made a comment after the Cardiff game that I hadn't really considered. He said cotts had united a football club. I think he's partially right.

We all want to win but we need to take the rough with the smooth and today was very rough.

Wasn't there today so can't comment on performance or tactics. But for every Rovers changing managers there's a Southampton.. It works both ways. We shouldn't use them as a benchmark or we'll forever be a poor side.

11 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

It's nothing groundbreaking though. It was obvious that our predicament was coming a mile off in the summer.

We were dealt our hand the moment the window shut. There's no point in changing manager or anything like that, it's still the same small, limited squad. If we'd have strengthened, we'd be comfortable in mid-table at least.

Who was responsible for the summer debacle? The board? Cotts? It's difficult to pinpoint who is to blame. Said before that SL needs to do one of those Q & A sessions to at least show his thinking. How we let players like JET, Cunningham and Wade Elliott go without replacing them, only bringing in one signing... did anyone at the club seriously think that was going to work? Was it complacency after a single good season in our history? Why did we not try to replicate the transfer model that brought us so much success? We did the complete opposite. Bewildering. I've repeated it many a time on here and been dismissed by a few, but a few months into the season, I feel my gripes have now been justified.

The summer transfer window was the worst in our history. So much potential missed.

I completely agree except I don't really feel a need for SL to explain his thinking. I don't really care where blame is apportioned - I just want everyone concerned to do what they can to put it right in January and make sure whatever went wrong does not happen again.

It's gonna be a struggle this season, but I have faith that the Manager and players will keep us up.

Today we were very poor at the back, it felt a bit like Brentford with ten men.

But we have been steadily improving, if not necessarily getting the results.  I think you have to allow the odd shocker, or else you'd be changing the manager every few months. It was so disappointing today, but that's gonna happen a few times this season.

I'd prefer it if some people on here weren't so knee-jerk, but it's a forum...and if you look at the original post, to some extent he's right....TODAYS PERFORMANCE.  But we haven't been playing like we did today.

Archived