IGNORED

Managerial alternatives?

RegC

How attractive would the job be? Playing well but getting little return, still a footballing backwater, still unable to attract established pros and what seems to be (rightly, in my opinion) a real hesitancy to offer long term deals on a good wedge to players. 

On the plus side a new ground, young team, a benevolent owner and his son on the board for succession and a huge, if ambivalent, catchment area. 

To be honest I think we are still in the 'punt' box rather than a club a manager would think will be a reputation enhancer. Add to that Pulis iirc was our last manager to be recruited out of role role and that we've gone through our fair share, and many may consider SC to be very hard on his luck to go so soon after a double winning season, I really strongly believe sacking SC wont leave us with any better alternative and certainly not so much better that it'd be worth the (negative) PR. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

People missing the point of this thread, it's not about if we should sack or not - it's a theoretical question about if he was sacked - who could we bring in?

Coming on here looking for sensible debate and common sense, off with you I say !!

IF we were to look for someone else I'd like to see us try and get someone like Paul Lambert, did excellent work with Norwich moving them up the leagues and onto the premier league. Possibly also hasn't been a premier league manager long enough to rule out moving back down to the championship.

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nigel Pearson or Roberto Di Matteo for me....

....oh, and Brian McDermott is chief scout at the Arse, I reckon he'd give up that for a manager's role, although that does seem quite a cushy number!

Not sure I want him, but he's an ok manager and he got Reading promoted out of this division winning 15 of the last 17 games in 2012...

i like cotts. although getting a tad frustrated, rigid 3 5 2 , not adapt to opposition, flogging wilbs to death, agards disappearance, loan signings who wondered why they swapped a place on a bench at their parent club for one in bristol ? reluctance to bring a sub on or bring one on when the game has gone .

Archived