IGNORED

Not In Possession of all the Facts

And Its Smith

Cotterill said after the game that Agard hasn't been fit enough to play.  He missed all of pre season and is only now up to speed.  Made it clear that wasn't Agard's fault.  He also said that he hasn't been able to tell reporters that, I assume because it reveals things to opponents.  

What it reminds me is that us fans do not know all of the facts and yet we judge and we criticise.  I understand that losing 4-1 at home isn't great but I think calling for the managers head after what he has done at this club is out of order and wrong. 

Trust Steve that he knows what he is doing.  You don't walk league one if you are a bad manager.  He deserves a bit more respect I think.

Good performance tonight especially defensively.  Baker is a huge miss when not playing.  We weren't great in the final third but another clean sheet.  

In Steve I trust. 

14 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Cotterill said after the game that Agard hasn't been fit enough to play.  He missed all of pre season and is only now up to speed.  Made it clear that wasn't Agard's fault.  He also said that he hasn't been able to tell reporters that, I assume because it reveals things to opponents.  

What it reminds me is that us fans do not know all of the facts and yet we judge and we criticise.  I understand that losing 4-1 at home isn't great but I think calling for the managers head after what he has done at this club is out of order and wrong. 

Trust Steve that he knows what he is doing.  You don't walk league one if you are a bad manager.  He deserves a bit more respect I think.

Good performance tonight especially defensively.  Baker is a huge miss when not playing.  We weren't great in the final third but another clean sheet.  

In Steve I trust. 

Of course we know everything!

How else would so many people know the exact wage of every player over the last 10 years!

13 minutes ago, RedDave said:

In Steve I trust. 

Nah, it's far easier to put the boot in and listen to tittle tattle rumour shit or just plain make it up, the irony really is apparently we have missed last seasons scapegoat, of course Cox will be the next "why isn't he playing?', when Agard has a poor game and heads back onto the scapegoat list just below Wilbraham.

The support sounded great tonight by the way, again didn't hear the away support at all, perhaps the answer lies in staying behind the team and the manager and just wait for the day that he loses the dressing room, which is almost certainly a long way off.

Pleased for Agard today of course, and that Wilbs may get some rest.

Cotts is however a tactical genius and is never wrong. It is a trait he has, nothing wrong with some self confidence.

If however he has been harking for an Agard type player to give Wilbs some rest, ummm, Cox? 

Either way, good that Agard is back and fit.

22 minutes ago, RedDave said:

In Steve I trust. 

I don't normally give you likes, but here is a big fat one !

Korey and Baker were immense tonight.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Cotts is however a tactical genius and is never wrong. It is a trait he has, nothing wrong with some self confidence.

If however he has been harking for an Agard type player to give Wilbs some rest, ummm, Cox? 

Ummm perhaps he ain't fully fit in the same way as Agard?.

1 minute ago, Super said:

I thought defensively we were superb tonight, very rare a team never looks like scoring against us. 

Only listening, but sounded so different to the second half v MK. Yep, some nervous moments of course, but we seemed fairly comfortable overall.

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Only listening, but sounded so different to the second half v MK. Yep, some nervous moments of course, but we seemed fairly comfortable overall.

We were pretty comfortable all game - until the 4th official put the 4 mins up - squeaky bum time, then !

Agard was outstanding tonight. Haven't seen that level of work rate in a while. Didn't always look the sharpest last season but maybe a step up a level will help him.

Defensively we were outstanding tonight and such a difference to Saturday. Can only be down to Baker at the back and Williams at wingback. Performances like this makes you see why Cotts sticks with the formation, even if it doesn't always work!

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Quite possible.

I admit it was difficult not to be down after Fulham.

So happy this evening. 

Just so much want us to be ok this year.

You and me both, I ******* hate shopping on a Saturday.

4 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

We were pretty comfortable all game - until the 4th official put the 4 mins up - squeaky bum time, then !

it's that 2nd goal again, from the little that i've seen, we have Pack and Freeman who can hit long accurate balls, but we lack the player who can play a ball in the last third that opens up a defence, only Ayling has managed it twice all season both leading to goals, but we need midfielder who can do that.

I actually think agard will suit this league more than league one because defenders are used to time on the ball and facing strikers who don't put a lot of pressure on them but have a lot of skill, agard however is a very hard grafter and will never give up on a ball and while he may not be gifted in a technical sense, he will make up for it in making defenders feel very uncomfortable and rush them into mistakes. he is especially handy against passing teams who don't launch it long, ie most of the teams in this league where as last year defenders were used to strikers chasing them down and hoofing it up field to a big striker in case they lost it. there's few players like him I've seen up front for other championship clubs this season, could be a useful asset which is surprising as I thought he seemed to be one of the weakest players in the team in league one. 

Saw some punditry earlier this season where the anchorman said to Gary Neville "supporters I spoke to on the way in were saying Man United should do blah blah blah....", to which Neville cut him squarely of and by saying "to be honest with you, most football supporters don't really know anything about football" to which I spat my dinner out laughing.

Think GN let the cat out the bag with that one.  

I suspect most professional football people take the view that football supporters are best seen but not heard.

Now where's my popularity medal. . . . ?

8 hours ago, cityexile said:

Or Wes Burns !

23 hours ago, RedDave said:

In Steve I trust. 

Here's a different scenario. Agard has been on the bench for all of City's matches prior to the Wolves fixture and has been fit enough to make the squad, meaning that if one or both starting strikers were injured Cotterill would probably have been forced to play the former Rotherham man. Furthermore he looked fresh and sharp in a 19 minute run out against Leeds and scored a good goal in just our third match of the season, suggesting he was ready for more game time, but hardly featured in the subsequent fixtures. How does that sound?

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Here's a different scenario. Agard has been on the bench for all of City's matches prior to the Wolves fixture and has been fit enough to make the squad, meaning that if one or both starting strikers were injured Cotterill would probably have been forced to play the former Rotherham man. Furthermore he looked fresh and sharp in a 19 minute run out against Leeds and scored a good goal in just our third match of the season, suggesting he was ready for more game time, but hardly featured in the subsequent fixtures. How does that sound?

ill informed?.

Perhaps because of his lack of fitness, he was feeling his hamstring?, which happens when returning to full fitness and then SC rushes him back, crack the hamstring goes, moaners - WTF did he bring him back so quickly FFS, How does that sound?.

15 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

ill informed?.

Perhaps because of his lack of fitness, he was feeling his hamstring?, which happens when returning to full fitness and then SC rushes him back, crack the hamstring goes, moaners - WTF did he bring him back so quickly FFS, How does that sound?.

If he wasn't fit why was he on the bench for every game? Agard's hamstring could go at any time, why risk it for 19 minutes against Leeds and virtually nothing in the other games? And Cotterill's explanation may suggest that's why he brought in Cox. So why not give Cox more game time? Before Saturday, the Reading loanee had only played 6 minutes, for City against Brighton, since August 25.

Cotterill has made a series of bad calls this season that have cost City. Last night the right man started, something the majority of fans hoped for, including me and it paid off handsomely.

I may very well be proved wrong and Cotterill will transform our fortunes this season, but he'll only do that by managing his resources better and improving tactically, something that he deserves credit for, from last night's performance. And as a City fan I hope that continues.

The thing is, this is always the case anyway for every decision a manager makes. It should be common sense that we're not in possession of all the facts and that the guy who's managing these players every single day will probably know a bit more about who's fit and who fits into his team when and where.

I get that everyone has different opinions and that's what this forum is all about but the way some people spoke and posted on here following the Fulham game was mental. Talking about other potential managers, whether we should sack Cotterill, and how he should change an approach that's been successful for nearly 2 years here is very disrespectful imo.

Archived