IGNORED

Kickass Minnows

Major Isewater

31 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

And the opposite side of the coin - how the mighty have fallen. Has to be Pompey I guess and to a certain extent, Plymouth, Sheffield Utd & Coventry. Bolton look to be following suit too.

Who'd be a Coventry fan I don't think they have finished in the top half of any division in 40 years!!!!

4 hours ago, 29AR said:

Pfft is that all? Worse than Notts Forest fans for ideas above their station.  :)

I stand corrected.

As much as some people dislike us being called just 'Bristol' - Forest fans absolutely hate being called Notts Forest!

It's Nottingham Forest and Notts County, they are both very sensitive about that! Probably a good reason to get it wrong then!

People referring to them as Notts Forest is probably the most common team name mistake in English football...so not having a go at you 29AR, loads of people call them the same....

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As much as some people dislike us being called just 'Bristol' - Forest fans absolutely hate being called Notts Forest!

It's Nottingham Forest and Notts County, they are both very sensitive about that! Probably a good reason to get it wrong then!

People referring to them as Notts Forest is probably the most common team name mistake in English football...so not having a go at you 29AR, loads of people call them the same....

Might steer clear of this thread, I know nothing haha 

9 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Who'd be a Coventry fan I don't think they have finished in the top half of any division in 40 years!!!!

Get what you mean mate, but not quite true.

Cov finished 8th in the Championship in 2006, 11th in div 1 (now Championship) in 2002, 7th in div 1 (now Premier League) in 1989, 10th in div 1 (now Premier League) in 1988, 10th in div 1 (now Premier league) in 1987, 10th in div 1 (now Premier League) in 1979 and 7th in div 1 (now Premier League) in 1978...

So, given all that, and many other mid/lower mid table finishes in the top div over the last forty years, then yeah, I'd have taken that!

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Get what you mean mate, but not quite true.

Cov finished 8th in the Championship in 2006, 11th in div 1 (now Championship) in 2002, 7th in div 1 (now Premier League) in 1989, 10th in div 1 (now Premier League) in 1988, 10th in div 1 (now Premier league) in 1987, 10th in div 1 (now Premier League) in 1979 and 7th in div 1 (now Premier League) in 1978...

So, given all that, and many other mid/lower mid table finishes in the top div over the last forty years, then yeah, I'd have taken that!

Stand corrected ,but id still take our ups and downs over many years of dross with no promotions in those 32 years!!!

13 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Stand corrected ,but id still take our ups and downs over many years of dross with no promotions in those 32 years!!!

And presumably only two relegations. Still must have been quite exciting hanging on by the skin of their teeth every season I suppose. There hardly seemed to be a season in the 70s, 80s and early 90s when they weren`t in a relegation fight. And they did win the cup.

15 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Absolutely. I think before Rochdale won promotion they were the most boring in terms of consecutive years without promotion or relegation.... But perhaps I'm setting up strike three haha 

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Aye, but we were so poor we could'nt afford clothes and then one Christmas I was given a hat so at least I could look out of the window

You had a window?!

22 hours ago, Tauntonian said:

until the last two seasons it has to be yeovil. Taunton is twice the size of yeovil and we cant even get out the 8th tier whilst they were in the championship two years ago, insane.

Thats true, when I was growing up it seemed like poor little Yeovil were always on a slippery slope. Except for a couple of well oublicised FA Cup appearances.

On 05/11/2015, 11:58:41, BCFC_Dan said:

They certainly used to be, but they're bankrolled to a frightening extent these days. They certainly overachieved to get where they are and to stay there but with the wages they've been paying in the last few seasons you'd have to call them underachievers now.

Over a million pound budget as well

Archived