IGNORED

Chesham United!

SecretSam

1 hour ago, handsofclay1909 said:

it was the 77 to 78 season. I remember City were losing 2-4 at home but pulled it back to 4-4 in last few mins but then lost the replay 3-0. I think Dixie McNeil scored a load for Wrexham. I think people are getting confused with Wrexham being Div 4 because in the 1980s they pulled off a bigger shock by knocking out Arsenal as a Div 4 side. I would guess and say there were about 30 places between us and Wrexham when they beat us.

Yes i Was in the east end for the home tie

57 minutes ago, Mighty Squirrel Kingdom said:

As far as I could see it was just the missus and myself - two out of 577. She actually wore a City t-shirt under her coat :-) (Disclaimer: I moved to Bristol from Chesham when I was 19. You have no idea how happy I am this evening!)

Pleased for the travelling faithful of Chesham. It can't have been a nice experience having to endure such inferior facilities.

1 minute ago, Cider_boy said:

Poor Gas, obviously needed a cup run to make some money so they could buy some more plastic chairs:

At about 3.05:

My players are on the floor, every single one, in the changing rooms

Not so sure - Apparently all were mucking in to try and find Harrison's City Season Ticket which had fallen out his kit bag :whistle:

12 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Poor Gas, obviously needed a cup run to make some money so they could buy some more plastic chairs:

At about 3.05:

My players are on the floor, every single one, in the changing rooms

Do they buy their plastic chairs? I thought they rented them from Hire-a-Chair-on-Tick Ltd.

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I did, but enough of this harking back, why spoil a perfectly wonderful thread !

Fair point - a moment's applause for the gallant Rovers, who came so close to forcing a reply with the Mighty Chesham.

:clapping:

14 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

No. Went with form, as these things tend to do.

Yes, terrible shame, I was hoping against hope that we would be in the hat with the big boys in the second round, but Chesham were just that little bit too classy for us.

I'm hoping they may let us play in the FA Vase next year, I fancy our chances (of a second round appearance) in that.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Highlights below. Look out for City fan Ellis Harrison's miss on 1:30 !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34761195

Just watched all of that.

Christ almighty, the "highlights" shown had all the technical ability of a kick around in the park.

Loved the Sags goalie's fist pump after saving a penalty from a Chesham player (!) shame he made such a total mess of trying to save the goal..

Archived