IGNORED

Chesham United!

SecretSam

Another classic from bellendtony on the post site.....he really is obsessed, oh, and full of 5hite.....

"Notice how he puts blame on the fans saying we're making then anxious? It was only in the later parts of the game did the fans get on to them to try to gee them up. The gas has the best fans around this area. city82 would love to have the loyalty gas heads show. I recall when they were bottom of the old div 4 they had a crowd of 1,400. We got 4/5 times more when we were in non league, so Clarke don't try and put the blame on us when it's your incompetence that's the problem."

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-ROVERS/story-28136815-detail/story.html#ixzz3qwDZ36cl 
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

15 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Another classic from bellendtony on the post site.....he really is obsessed, oh, and full of 5hite.....

"Notice how he puts blame on the fans saying we're making then anxious? It was only in the later parts of the game did the fans get on to them to try to gee them up. The gas has the best fans around this area. city82 would love to have the loyalty gas heads show. I recall when they were bottom of the old div 4 they had a crowd of 1,400. We got 4/5 times more when we were in non league, so Clarke don't try and put the blame on us when it's your incompetence that's the problem."

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-ROVERS/story-28136815-detail/story.html#ixzz3qwDZ36cl 

Can someone registered on that site remind this penis that despite whatever historic attendance he wants to pluck out of the air, Rovers have only beaten our average attendance in a season once in the last 50 years.

Not particularly impressive on their part if our support is so questionable 

32 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

So, what was our lowest ever league attendance?

46 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Can someone registered on that site remind this penis that despite whatever historic attendance he wants to pluck out of the air, Rovers have only beaten our average attendance in a season once in the last 50 years.

Not particularly impressive on their part if our support is so questionable 

He's been put right. The 1,400 crowd he speaks of was away at Rochdale.

You would think Rovers getting knocked out of the cup by non-league opposition would get old after Hitchin, Kettering, Darlington etc. - but it hasn't!

And to put "75 places" into context, that would be like:

Us losing at home to Kidderminster

Arsenal losing at home to Carlisle

Aston Villa losing at home to Dover

Sheffield United losing at home to Chelmsford City

7 hours ago, 54-46 said:

The inlaws coming round for  tea after having been at the Mem.

for once I look forward to their arrival

Hope you counted your crockery after they left ..... The Gas had their eyes on a cup all afternoon, til someone spectacularly pissed on their chips. Check your cutlery too, theyre desperate for something that looks a bit silvery to go in Irenes old glass cabinet. 

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

What a bell. Crowds across the board fell off a cliff in the 80s so not comparable. If we ever had the misfortune to find ourselves in the Conference, we'd get bigger crowds than the Gas did last season, and he knows it.

13 hours ago, AzerbaijanApeman said:

What a bell. Crowds across the board fell off a cliff in the 80s so not comparable. If we ever had the misfortune to find ourselves in the Conference, we'd get bigger crowds than the Gas did last season, and he knows it.

That's true. Also during our second season in div 4 we had a higher average than they were getting in div 3. Still we can't argue with the best fans in the area (universe?) can we.

2 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

That's true. Also during our second season in div 4 we had a higher average than they were getting in div 3. Still we can't argue with the best fans in the area (universe?) can we.

And don't forget they had all of about 3,000 turn up for their last EVER game at Gasville, as well !

On 08/11/2015, 19:10:38, City Rocker said:

Pleased for the travelling faithful of Chesham. It can't have been a nice experience having to endure such inferior facilities.

I'd not been up there for over 30 years (I used to watch Bristol Rugby occasionally) and I was stunned at how cr*p the place is. It was chaos getting in - two turnstiles, one for cash and one for tickets but it wasn't clear which was which, made worse by one of them also being for OAPs. Chesham fans kept having to come out of one and into the other. The 'South Stand' has 13 rows of seats and reminded me of something you might find at an agricultural show - entirely appropriate considering the football on display by the hosts - although I've got to give credit where it's due to the pies and the stewards, although one of them got a bit over zealous when Sir Ryan Blake OBE scored and tried to celebrate with his mates. (The stewards that is, not the pies)

The PA system and announcer were terrible to the point of being hilarious. Feedback, dead air, background chatter, the lot. Very amateurish.

Considering there were only nearly 600 Chesham (there would have been more, but a lot of football fans in the area are either Arsenal or Spurs and would have either gone to the Emirates or watched it on telly), you couldn't hear the Gasheads at all in the other half of South Stand except for a timid chorus of 'You're not singing anymore' after Dave Pearce missed the penalty...to which I bellowed 'You weren't singing anyway', which shut them up immediately.

As you'd expect from pro players, Rovers were fitter and faster over short distances but lacked imagination, had no cutting edge going forward whatsoever and didn't seem to have any confidence even though it was backs to the wall time from Chesham in the second half. IMO Rovers weren't any better than when we beat them in the JPT and if we played them again now we'd batter them. Chesham did well, but as I told my wife when some of the clearances went 20 feet up into the air or hit a team mate on the back of the head or on the backside 'I've seen them do that in almost every game since the mid 1970s'. Chesham weren't phased by route one or the weather either - non league is full of hoofers in rainstorms.

My final thoughts on this subject are that although City have not exactly been the most consistent team in the Championship this season, we're better than we give ourselves credit for. As a ST holder in the Atyeo and now the South Stand, our facilities are on the point of becoming second to none in both Bristol and the South West. It's been a memorable year for me anyway: we won League One and the JPT and now the team I followed as a kid has dumped our biggest rivals out of the FA Cup.

As you can imagine, the walk down Muller Road afterwards was priceless :-)

Archived