IGNORED

Confused

Ivorguy

19 hours ago, spudski said:

So you think it's best to stay shtummmmm and say absolutely nothing, rather than imply something?

Some things you can't write on a public open forum....as that poor bloke who follows Blackpool found out.

Tbh...I've heard from various sources what it is....many just normal fans as well....so it has got out and isn't so 'secret'.

I'd start asking about off the forum and I'm sure you'll find out eventually....but like I said, it will never be made official.

Yes. Otherwise it just comes across as your just spreading muck to see what sticks

17 hours ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Good morrow fellow scribes,

My first posting so suit of armour firmly on!

Supported City for 51 years now through thick and thin (mostly thin!). I blame it all on my grandfather and father as they took me to The Gate back in 1964 and that was it. Now I'm the grandfather watching with my son (with grandsons joining in as soon as they're old enough).

Been reading the postings on this forum for yonks now and it is just so entertaining that it's become a true addiction. I'm like a kid with his/her first smart-phone. I just can't leave OTIB alone so I thought, what the hell, I may as well join in and give all you City fans the benefit of my football experience which includes an illustrious 15 year playing career in the top division of the Mid Somerset League AND ten years of managing a team in the Premier Division of the Frome & District Sunday League (a bit like managing Bristol Rovers today!). Quite frankly, if there's anyone out there who knows less than me about football, I'd like to meet them!

I'm firmly with Bristol 86 on the subject of Marlon Pack. He's not perfect (indeed, who is in the current team?) but the critisism he gets on this forum and, sadly, around me where I sit in the Dolman Stand, is just unreal.

He is doing a very difficult job and doing it very well, just as the Manager has instructed.

When The Cod misses a sitter (as he has done on a number of occasions), all you can hear around me is " Hard luck son, keep going". If Marlon makes the occasional mis pass, all you can hear is "Bl..dy Hell Pack, what d'ya think you're doing".

Against Wolves, Marlon was awesome but even when he split their defence with superb passes several times, too many people around me either said nothing or managed to utter feint reluctant praise.

Football is a funny old game and everyone is more than entitled to their opinion but I do wish that a few more City supporters had actually been on, or anywhere near, a football pitch themselves at sometime in their lives (and I don't mean when walking their dog at night) as I'm sure they'd have a much bigger appreciation of the role that players such as Marlon Pack are asked to undertake.

I'm now awaiting the abuse but I warn you. If you're really horrible to me, I'll never post again, so there...........

I have written on the subject of scapegoats on many occasion and as I am about your age I guess you remember them all well....Just a few memory joggers, Smith, Johnson, Roberts, Burnell, Rennie, Torpey....I could go back as far as 67 and come up with well over a dozen more...

As City fans we (many) are not happy unless we are giving one of our own serious 5hit...While others get hero worship no matter how poor they are...Docherty immediately springs to mind...

Of course we have had some really bad players...Hutchins, Dinning among others, however the point is this Pack has/is doing ok and as you point out Codge has missed a hat full of chances, ala Baldock under SoD which seriously contributed to getting him fired.....Clearly Codge is our best player and Pack does a task that often goes unappreciated as most peoples appreciation of what they are looking at starts and ends within 30 yards of the opposition goal....My point is many City fans target individuals for no discernible reason or for something ridiculous....Christian Roberts for example was targeted on this forum for being Welsh (FFS)....(Racism...Yep that would be that)...And when playing....Point is this stuff with our players will continue unless the perps are called out and I believe we all have a responsibility to exercise our own free speech when hearing it or reading it!

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Yes. Otherwise it just comes across as your just spreading muck to see what sticks

We will have to agree to disagree on this point mate...With respect....Football clubs never publicly put out information if it makes them look in a bad light.

In this instance there is no way it could be put on a public forum.

If you bob about in life, and just believe everything is as it seems, just because it hasn't been written about in the media or released by a business, then you may as well have your head in the clouds.

Why 'spread muck'? That doesn't make sense. Everyone, including myself would like to think everything was smelling of roses.

If you truly believe our lack of recruitment was purely down to us not being able to match players wages....then again...with respect....you have your head in the clouds.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

We will have to agree to disagree on this point mate...With respect....Football clubs never publicly put out information if it makes them look in a bad light.

If you bob about in life, and just believe everything is as it seems, just because it hasn't been written about in the media or released by a business, then you may as well have your head in the clouds.

Why 'spread muck'? That doesn't make sense. Everyone, including myself would like to think everything was smelling of roses.

If you truly believe our lack of recruitment was purely down to us not being able to match players wages....then again...with respect....you have your head in the clouds.

You just keep churning that spoon Spud, your doing a fine job!

18 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Quite agree mate he's like a crab can't pass forward 

Just looked up some stats and his average number of passes per game is 25% higher than the nearest contender, and nearly 50% higher than the majority of the squad.

You mention 'can't pass forwards' yet of the players who have played a decent amount of minutes, only Luke Freeman has more key passes (that's passes which lead to a chance being created) and given that Luke plays a more advanced, attacking role, that's hardly surprising. And even so, it's worth pointing out that Freeman is only very marginally ahead in that regard (1.5 per game LF vs 1.3 per game MP).

I hate to be the forum statto but if you're going to made idiotic comments (which actually make it look like you've not seen us play) then be prepared to be put right.

I actually don't even chair the Marlon Pack fan club (believe it or not), it just really winds me up when people made moronic comments like yours above, which have no basis of fact.

2 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

You just keep churning that spoon Spud, your doing a fine job!

Funny thing is....you've just presumed it was something negative towards the boss....you have no idea, yet choose to take the piss....for all you know it could be positive....totally blinkered.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Funny thing is....you've just presumed it was something negative towards the boss....you have no idea, yet choose to take the piss....for all you know it could be positive....totally blinkered.

You-- positive about the boss! Even a nudge of positivity towards SC is a totally outrageous suggestion coming from you. To think that anybody is blinkered to your real agenda, ie, get rid of SC in any way possible, and any little bit of poison you can inject to anybody elses post is just a bonus to your absurd self importance.

2 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

You-- positive about the boss! Even a nudge of positivity towards SC is a totally outrageous suggestion coming from you. To think that anybody is blinkered to your real agenda, ie, get rid of SC in any way possible, and any little bit of poison you can inject to anybody elses post is just a bonus to your absurd self importance.

You talk so much bollox it's unreal....keep trolling boy.

Just now, spudski said:

You talk so much bollox it's unreal....keep trolling boy.

And how many times have you pleaded on hear for people to attack the post and not the poster? You absurd lies about your supposed contacts in the game are great fun but only show you to be a bit sad really. I see I've upset you tonight and nurse will never get you to sleep, sorry!

2 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

And how many times have you pleaded on hear for people to attack the post and not the poster? You absurd lies about your supposed contacts in the game are great fun but only show you to be a bit sad really. I see I've upset you tonight and nurse will never get you to sleep, sorry!

Cheers fella...your post always amuse me....If you dish it out, expect a response....don't go crying now boy....it's not my fault you know **** all.

Note to self....it is a prerequisite on this forum, to not to know anyone who works in Pro Football, that could possibly give you some info on the game.

Budge up boy...I'm sure there is more room under that mushroom you reside, for one more. ;-P

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Cheers fella...your post always amuse me....If you dish it out, expect a response....don't go crying now boy....it's not my fault you know **** all.

Note to self....it is a prerequisite on this forum, to not to know anyone who works in Pro Football, that could possibly give you some info on the game.

Budge up boy...I'm sure there is more room under that mushroom you reside, for one more. ;-P

:clapping:

5 hours ago, spudski said:

One of those.

The "poor bloke" from  Blackpool suffered because he could not substantiate his allegations. That is called libel.

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by the constant veiled inferences.

Your comments not just on this thread but on every single one would have so much more credibility if you ever said - or suggested to be more accurate as you only ever hint - anything positive.

"Rumour - Cotterill did something really good but I cant tell you what" is not something I have ever seen in any of your comments.

12 minutes ago, NickJ said:

The "poor bloke" from  Blackpool suffered because he could not substantiate his allegations. That is called libel.

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by the constant veiled inferences.

Your comments not just on this thread but on every single one would have so much more credibility if you ever said - or suggested to be more accurate as you only ever hint - anything positive.

"Rumour - Cotterill did something really good but I cant tell you what" is not something I have ever seen in any of your comments.

Thing is mate....you read every post by me, with a preconceived idea of 'what you think... I think'.

I've not mentioned Cotterill once in this thread in reference to what happened with recruitment...you've just presumed, as you so often do.

Perhaps you need to open your mind a little, and eyes...and actually read the intent, rather than being a pedant, and someone who reads into things that aren't there.

Just because I've openly said on here that I don't see SC as the manager to take us forward long term....that somehow has made me and a few others 'haters'.

Total bollox....the sooner you grow up and stop trolling the better. We can't all agree on the same things....so why you insist on trolling is beyond me....you hardly ever talk about football...you just go looking for arguments with people you don't agree with.

Bit sad really....

As for what I tried to infer on this thread....read my comment early on. It implied that the lack of recruitment wasn't just down to not competing with players wages.

18 hours ago, spudski said:

Well no one or thing presents a bad image of themselves, even if they have to accept it they spin it.

I certainly don't "bob about in life believing everything that's released to me" but I can only go on the information I have and some pissed up bloke in a pub (the equivalent of a public internet forum for factual information - generally speaking, no slur specifically meant in your direction) telling me that things are really bad but cant tell me anymore than that is about as useful for forming an opinion as as a chocolate tea pot.

So I agree, we will have to agree to disagree - IMO you are adding no value to a discussion to which you hold all the information.

Such a shame that this topic has descended.... like so many other topics, into a personal attack between members.

The original post was a great shout i think, but its been lost.

The manager made it clear before the season that we would only bring in players who were better than we have.

So why are Cox and Moore on the bench and then not brought on, and Robinson is with the under 21s ?

There will be many asking or thinking the same.... cox was clearly miles off match fitness for a start and that has to be the reason for his lack of participation.

its more difficult to answer the question about Robinson, but clearly his agent will be extremely unhappy i guess

that situation cant carry on indefinately

Archived