IGNORED

SPECTRE

Kid in the Riot

Wondered why the theatre was barely half full on Saturday night - I obviously hadn't got the memo.

What a disappointment. Predictable, light-weight and at worst half-arsed.

It lacked edge as well. Bond has a massive row with big villain on train and doesn't have a speck of blood on him. Also, a severe lack of talent and female flesh on show. Where was the obligatory scene of a sort in a bikini or some other sexy outfit? Could've been rated PG bar the one obvious violent bit in the film - I'm sure there's been more edge in previous films.

Thankfully the brilliant second series of Fargo has already all but erased SPECTRE from my memory. If you are not watching this (Monday nights, C4) then quick, get on to it, as the smallscreen doesn't get much better.... Mike Milligan and the Kitchen brothers "you make us sound like a prog rock band"

mike-milligan.jpg

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wondered why the theatre was barely half full on Saturday night - I obviously hadn't got the memo.

What a disappointment. Predictable, light-weight and at worst half-arsed.

It lacked edge as well. Bond has a massive row with big villain on train and doesn't have a speck of blood on him. Also, a severe lack of talent and female flesh on show. Where was the obligatory scene of a sort in a bikini or some other sexy outfit? Could've been rated PG bar the one obvious violent bit in the film - I'm sure there's been more edge in previous films.

Thankfully the brilliant second series of Fargo has already all but erased SPECTRE from my memory. If you are not watching this (Monday nights, C4) then quick, get on to it, as the smallscreen doesn't get much better.... Mike Milligan and the Kitchen brothers "you make us sound like a prog rock band"

mike-milligan.jpg

I don't watch a lot of TV and have never been a Bond fan, but love Fargo it was difficult initially to imagine it was going to stand up against the first series, especially without Billy Bob Thornton who was just brilliant but this series is shaping up brilliantly.

I thought Spectre was alright, they were just very over ambitious with the scale of the story and hoped no one would notice. There didn't seem to be any motive or justification behind any villains actions, they just did it because they were mean. I think they're setting it up for a 'sequel' given what happened at the end and how they spent most of the film establishing the existence of SPECTRE for no particular reason- there was no reason for the Christoph Waltz character to be associated with Spectre within the context of the film alone. So expect 'Spectre 2' in a couple of years time... But who will be Bond?!

As for Fargo, I agree it's great. I think this is better than the 1st series so far

It's a bond film. I wonder why so many are panning it. Bond is what it is. I know they have tried to give it more depth in its recent Craig incarnation but it's bond. Sit down watch it don't over analysis it, They have never been or never will be Oscar material.  Sit back drink you coke eat your popcorn and enjoy

30 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Goldeneye was a great film, probably the last of the big flashy cartoonish Bond films that was any good.  

It is a cracker. Robbie Coltrane & Sean Bean are great in it too and you`re right it is the last of the `old` style biff bang pow, gadget filled ones. I`ve watched it loads of times and still enjoy it. The other Brosnan ones were pretty good too but just not as good as Goldeneye. I still enjoy the old Moore/Connery ones but am probably in a minority of people who prefers the newer films.

I was born in the Roger Moore era and have seen every film since and before. I think since Connery, it's all pastiche up to the Daniel Craig era. That's when they seemed to merge Bond with Bourne.

No matter which Bond you prefer, they have all done at least 1 great Bond film.

Not seen Spectre yet, but i've not seen a Bond film i didn't enjoy. So regardless of what Bond is these days, they are always at least, entertaining action movies.

On 11/11/2015, 01:09:00, RedDave said:

The last good Bond film was Licence to Kill. That's pretty much a fact.

Can't agree with that. Goldeneye is up there with from Russia with love & goldfinger as the best bond films. I have hated all of Craig's films so far, not going to go cinema to see spectre, wait for sky movies or DVD. I just hope fassbender is given the role after Craig. I had hoped for Henry cavill but he'll be busy with Superman for the next 10 ish years. At least MF has finished his X-men movies for the moment.

Archived