IGNORED

"EFL"

Bs4Red

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Have these people got nothing better to do?

Like we have ...

I wonder how much they paid the marketing men to come up with this new innovative name ! 

Must have taken hours and hours .

Right guys , we want a new sexy image for the English football League , here's a stack of cash . Take your time we at the English Football League feel it's important to get it right .

Several months and many thousands of pounds later Giles makes his presentation to a packed house all with baited breath.

silence ... Then raucous applause at the ingenosity of the new name .

what a bunch of ...

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Like we have ...

Eh, like it!

I'm sure this rebranding will have cost a small fortune and will have lined many a pocket.  Won't make an iota of difference unless what's on offer is tangibly different.

I could have come up with that logo in an afternoon.

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Eh, like it!

I'm sure this rebranding will have cost a small fortune and will have lined many a pocket.  Won't make an iota of difference unless what's on offer is tangibly different.

I could have come up with that logo in an afternoon.

Ah that's to come. 4 quarters, mandatory 5 minute stoppages to shoehorn in adverts and one off league games played in untapped countries like Outer Mongolia, Belize and Wales to maximise revenue streams.

Go team EFL.

9 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Ah that's to come. 4 quarters, mandatory 5 minute stoppages to shoehorn in adverts and one off league games played in untapped countries like Outer Mongolia, Belize and Wales to maximise revenue streams.

Go team EFL.

Absolutely anything to do with 4 quarters should be banned immediately....

15 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

So Newport and Cardiff can **** off ?

I've just emailed the League about this;

"The EFL? Does this mean you're kicking out Cardiff & Newport and won't allow Swansea to be relegated or Wrexham promoted to it"? :fingerscrossed:

5 minutes ago, wheatus59 said:

Will we get people complaining saying English is racist ? I hope not , I hate all that sh*t !

What an incomprehensible statement! Why would anyone complain that saying English is racist? To the best of my knowledge nobody ever has complained about it before so why anybody should think they will start over the renaming of a football league is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Like we have ..erm wonder how much they paid the market,ing men to come up with this new innse name ! 

Must have taken hours and  hours .

Right guys , we want a new sexy image for the English football League , here's a stack of cash . Take your time we at the English Football League feel it's important to get it right .

Several months and many thousands of pounds later Giles makes his presentation to a packed house all with baited breath.

silence ... Then raucous applause at the ingenosity of the new name .

what a bunch of ...

Reminds me of the Bristol Industrial Museum 'upgrade' & 'rebrand' ... Needed a new name -erm, of course, lots of meetings etc etc, competition for a marketting company  to come up with a great new name & logo ..... Ten of thousands of £££"s later the former (says what it is onn the tin) Industrial Museum of the M Shed Bristol docks location becomes The M Shed .... Brilliant, what a genius idea from a Manchester based firm of highly paid professionals! ... Of course for tourism purposes theres no indication of what The M Shed is or what it contains.. Bargain at a cost of sonething over £50k just for a name and logo, aint it... Still on the plus side I guess it was a good excuse for putting on the glad rags and indulging in a champagne reception and munchies 'do' or two for civic dignitaries and guests eh?

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

Reminds me of the Bristol Industrial Museum 'upgrade' & 'rebrand' ... Needed a new name -erm, of course, lots of meetings etc etc, competition for a marketting company  to come up with a great new name & logo ..... Ten of thousands of £££"s later the former (says what it is onn the tin) Industrial Museum of the M Shed Bristol docks location becomes The M Shed .... Brilliant, what a genius idea from a Manchester based firm of highly paid professionals! ... Of course for tourism purposes theres no indication of what The M Shed is or what it contains.. Bargain at a cost of sonething over £50k just for a name and logo, aint it... Still on the plus side I guess it was a good excuse for putting on the glad rags and indulging in a champagne reception and munchies 'do' or two for civic dignitaries and guests eh?

And it meant destroying an excellent Industrial Museum. Ho hum...

23 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

What an incomprehensible statement! Why would anyone complain that saying English is racist? To the best of my knowledge nobody ever has complained about it before so why anybody should think they will start over the renaming of a football league is beyond me.

It DOES sound like a far right quasi-militia organisation ,though !

11 minutes ago, Red rum said:

It sounds like we are being marketed for an American audience.

No longer The football league just one of many.

Indeed. Total Bollocks as usual :(

As to the "English" thing, Those Who Make A Profession Out Of Being Upset On Other People's Behalf, TWMAPOOBUOOPB, claim that "English" is offensive to immigrants, while "British" isn't. No, it makes no sense to me, either :noexp:

Curiously, this doesn't apply to "Scottish" or "Welsh". I sometimes wonder if TWMAPOOBUOOPB say these things (like "Happy Holidays") to stoke up English racism so they can denounce it from their ivory towers, but maybe that's just 60's paranoia...

59 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

English isn't racist as English is not a race, I think you mean Xenophobia

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Isn't the M Shed doing a lot better financially than the museum was? Something I was told by someone who works there.

Archived