IGNORED

Tedious Gas threads

Robbored

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I no longer "stand up" to show this point of view at matches as it seems a bit meaningless when we're playing a Championship rival.

I was (mildly) told off in the late 90s for not joining in the standing up (if you hate the gas) at Notts County's cavernously empty ground in about '96.  It seemed a nonsense to me in such circumstances but I wasn't going to get into a debate about it when I was there to enjoy the game; I joined in all the other songs.  We lost.

4 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

See this is what I mean, now Spud has to rummage through history books just to see that we are not as carp as the Gas, I know, you know, we all know, just get a life.

and we haven't had an Esmond Million, played in Bath for 10 years.......................................more to come i'm sure.

42 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Bizzare, but good to share...Better?

Why did you edit your original question? For some reason you deleted most of the post and wanted to know why I hate onions.

You really are bizarre...and quite angry about something. Do you need a hug?

43 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Why did you edit your original question? For some reason you deleted most of the post and wanted to know why I hate onions.

You really are bizarre...and quite angry about something. Do you need a hug?

An attempt at humour it was, I actually thought it was funny, even had a laugh out loud moment, probably explains a lot about me, and you. Do I need a hug? mmmm well I suppose if you are offering, but no tongues, even if you breath is onion free :kiss: 

9 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Latest is they beat the busby babes in a cup fixture 60years ago, according to them the best club team in the world at the time...

Is that why they stole their name as the self proclaimed 'Manchester United of non league', after (the also self proclaimed) 'Barcelona of Division 4' failed them

**** me, steal names and grounds that lot. Odious bunch

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Consult the history books Spud and see if you can find when we've exited to someone in the seventh tier. That one is something rather special... 

I'm sure you get my drift though mate...we've nothing to shout about.

Out old Trophy room had to be the biggest embarrassment ever.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Spud, me old forum mucker - have you ever considered giving City the old Spanish archer and just supporting someone else?

You seem to revel in our shiteness, and derive little joy from it. I'm going to write down the other 90* league clubs and give them a random number, pick a number between 1 & 90 and I'll tell you who you picked

*it's 90 as I just could bring myself to even contemplate letting you have the G*s as your new team. They have more practice in shiteness than we have, you'd hate it there

30 minutes ago, spudski said:

No, there's an emptier one at the Mem. And many other clubs.

Without  rivalry and history, football would be a very sterile sport.

Laughng at the Gas is part of that, and, as I hinted in my post,  many of their supporters do bring it on themselves with their delusions of grandeur. 

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

No, there's an emptier one at the Mem. And many other clubs.

Without  rivalry and history, football would be a very sterile sport.

Laughng at the Gas is part of that, and, as I hinted in my post,  many of their supporters do bring it on themselves with their delusions of grandeur. 

And would have absolutely no hesitation whatsoever in giving it to us in spades if the boot were on the other foot (the `Oh Yes` thread anyone).

42 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Spud, me old forum mucker - have you ever considered giving City the old Spanish archer and just supporting someone else?

You seem to revel in our shiteness, and derive little joy from it. I'm going to write down the other 90* league clubs and give them a random number, pick a number between 1 & 90 and I'll tell you who you picked

*it's 90 as I just could bring myself to even contemplate letting you have the G*s as your new team. They have more practice in shiteness than we have, you'd hate it there

I will pick for Spudski. ......

Number 69!

30 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Nah, give him 35 so he can be a plastic.

18 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

35, you're having a laugh. I think you meant 36.

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You`re right I did. He`d never have anything to celebrate with 35. 36 on the other hand is CL every year unless they get pipped for fourth place by 27 which is always likely if they have a good season.

Oi - I make the rules up to this game, chaps. Start your own

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Nah mate....just a realist....not a happy clapper....nothing worse than people who brag, but have got **** all to brag about.

I've got more red in me than a lot i'd say....three generations of it.

I don't revel in anything....least the misfortunes of others....as it says more about the person doing so. Schadenfreude is worst that envy imho...

Anyone who partakes of such, are generally of low self esteem and are a psychologists dream.

I'd rather celebrate success achieved.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Nah mate....just a realist....not a happy clapper....nothing worse than people who brag, but have got **** all to brag about.

I've got more red in me than a lot i'd say....three generations of it.

I don't revel in anything....least the misfortunes of others....as it says more about the person doing so. Schadenfreude is worst that envy imho...

Anyone who partakes of such, are generally of low self esteem and are a psychologists dream.

I'd rather celebrate success achieved.

Spud  the last sentence has just explained why there are so many shirts of premiership clubs seen throughout Bristol.

Archived