IGNORED

Where will we finish?

reddogkev

Interested to know where people think we will finish this season.

Now we've adapted a little better to the Championship, and we've played more than a third, where do you see us ending up?

Do you reckon we'll be battling against relegation for the rest of the campaign, or perhaps sitting amongst the mid tier of teams?

Tongue in cheek, but if we managed a win against Hull (unlikely I know), and then pick up something positive against Rotherham, could we pick up enough

confidence / points to take a look at the top six?

Me, even if we lose Saturday, I can see us hitting anything from 15th to 10th.

The only thing I was sure of at the start of the season was that we wouldn't go down...yes that confidence might have taken a bit of a battering but I still stand by my prediction.

At this point if we were to keep hold of the same squad for the rest of the season, anything from 21st upwards will do me, but with some investment in January I can see us holding mid table come the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Top six is out of the question absolutely no chance. I think we will scrape it over the line as there are at lease three worse teams.

staying up was always the goal and hopefully that can be achieved so we can start establishing ourselves in the league again and start aiming higher. 

Don't think I can stand an entire season with us just about scraping over the line at the finish - bad for the old ticker and bloody depressing!.

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Said either 15th or 16th in July, see no reason to change that

We won't go down, there are 3 worse teams than us, but I doubt there are that many more if I'm honest

Just for my understanding who are the teams worse than us?

bolton should have beat us, mk outplayed us 2nd half. 

I expect the teams in and around us in the table would be thinking that can finish above us. I'm sure that's what Bolton would think. 

In 2008, at the same stage of the season with exactly the same games played, Hull were 7 points above the relegation zone. A good run at Christmas and a strong run towards the end of the season saw them promoted.

Meanwhile Crystal Palace were 1 point above the relegation places ( just like us this season) having been bottom of the division  (just like us this season) but a strong run of games saw them comfortably finish 5th and in the play offs. 

Both teams strengthened in Jan when City didn't.

I'm discounting nothing because, perhaps foolishly, I still believe in this team, in SC and what's going on at BS3.

3 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

I expect the teams in and around us in the table would be thinking that can finish above us. I'm sure that's what Bolton would think. 

I reckon were better than about 5 teams in this league.

4 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

In the MK game the main reason they outplayed us in the second half was that we were so awful. 

I agree with you about other teams' perceptions of us. That won't change unless we become more consistent and string some more wins together.

Archived