IGNORED

well done Wes

Slacker

Surely the irony of it all is not lost?

Wilbs is too old, Agard not good enough; so we must play Cox, we must play Burns and yet when they do........

Hamer not good enough yet derision at him going back to from whence he came. Reid not good enough but he must be given his chance too.

Confused? I'm perplexed.

6 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Surely the irony of it all is not lost?

Wilbs is too old, Agard not good enough; so we must play Cox, we must play Burns and yet when they do........

Hamer not good enough yet derision at him going back to from whence he came. Reid not good enough but he must be given his chance too.

Confused? I'm perplexed.

Me too but by your post .

Wes does well enough for a national team but does n't get a chance with us . Seems we are missing an opportunity to maximise the obvious talent the boy has and risk losing him if we don't let him develop with us .

Hamer and Reid have their supporters but for both players they've never had a run in the side like some who are undropable .

20 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If Wes is picked consistently at international u 21 level he has to be good enough for a struggling Championship side

The problem lies not with the player but with the coaching staff

There are many, many players down the years who have been picked consistenly for Wales U21 (and many other of the smaller footballing nations) who wouldn't get anywhere near a Championship first team. Your argument is not sound. That said I like Wes Burns as a player and I hope he continues to develop with us.

3 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

There are many, many players down the years who have been picked consistenly for Wales U21 (and many other of the smaller footballing nations) who wouldn't get anywhere near a Championship first team. Your argument is not sound. That said I like Wes Burns as a player and I hope he continues to develop with us.

Not sure i agree with you

thee are good players who couldnt get ahead of Wes and into the u21 at wales as a striker, like bradshaw for instance,whom many on here think should replace Wes at bristol and is deemed by many championship managers to be good enough.

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Wes will leave us then sign for Exeter, Cheltenham, Bristol Rovers and finally Weston Super Mare.  A career path similar to many of our youth players who just aren't good enough.  

I really want you to be wrong, but I can't help there's a bit too much 'home grown over onfidence' going on here. Sadly, I've never seen much of Burns that makes me think you'll be wrong @RedDave

28 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Not sure i agree with you

thee are good players who couldnt get ahead of Wes and into the u21 at wales as a striker, like bradshaw for instance,whom many on here think should replace Wes at bristol and is deemed by many championship managers to be good enough.

Elis Harrison is in the Wales under 21 squad and he's only good enough for a struggling league two side.

Wales currently haven't got a good batch of forwards. So congrats to Wes for getting the opportunity to train with the first team squad, but it's not as if he's keeping any other quality players out.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Wes does well enough for a national team but does n't get a chance with us . Seems we are missing an opportunity to maximise the obvious talent the boy has and risk losing him if we don't let him develop with us .

Hamer and Reid have their supporters but for both players they've never had a run in the side like some who are undropable .

You could always start a new thread  to discuss your confusion more fully?

In the meantime, any clamour for Wes to suddenly be given a starting place on the basis of a goal for Wales U21 v Romania is ,imo, best summed up by Fordy .

As for Hamer- he did have a run and FF returned to the side with good reason. The problems in our lowly position is based around our start of season defence which is now  conceding  few and after several clean sheets looks more assured. Certainly, the side is looking capable of grinding out draws and wins when losses and draws were almost assured.

So, Major, who do you think should be dropped yet is currently 'undropable' and why?

( this is not a rhetoric question)

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

You're talking about a team who find a place in their senior first XI for Hal Robson-Kanu!

6 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Local boy being frozen out of first team shock!! Give him time, he has had a chance in the first team, didn't exactly set the footballing world on fire did he...Average.

Sorry but when did he have his chance?

A few appearances from the bench isn't a chance. A run of five starts is a chance. 

I personally don't see him as a striker, I think he needs to space of being on the wing when he can get the ball deep the run with it. Look very capable when playing this season.

Could maybe a loan to league one be great for all parties?

13 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Local boy being frozen out of first team shock!! Give him time, he has had a chance in the first team, didn't exactly set the footballing world on fire did he...Average.

And who has set the world alight this season in your opinion ? genuine question, 

Some might suggest that being "average" would be a step forward in our team presently, so i'm not sure what your point is really.

not sure if you have looked at the league table or attended the Bolton Game, the game was screaming out for average mate

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You could always start a new thread  to discuss your confusion more fully?

In the meantime, any clamour for Wes to suddenly be given a starting place on the basis of a goal for Wales U21 v Romania is ,imo, best summed up by Fordy .

As for Hamer- he did have a run and FF returned to the side with good reason. The problems in our lowly position is based around our start of season defence which is now  conceding  few and after several clean sheets looks more assured. Certainly, the side is looking capable of grinding out draws and wins when losses and draws were almost assured.

So, Major, who do you think should be dropped yet is currently 'undropable' and why?

( this is not a rhetoric question)

Sorry but your original post was incoherent.

It's not the fact that Burns scored in the Wales u 21's so much as the coaches of the Wales national set up see something in him that our coaches apparently don't .

When the lad has had cameo rôles for us there have been enough moments to suggest that there is a talent there that should be nurtured.

I don't think our staff have found the best position for him yet and i think that's what holds back his progress .

i don't have a love in for the boy but it i do get frustrated when i see unfulfilled talent .

Hamer , took a little while to settle , new defenders to work with etc but he was getting better and had a MOTM performance at Boro only to be dropped as soon as Frankie was fit .i like Frankie but feel that Hamer is technically the better of the two .

i admire Cott's faith in his young team but think that no one should see themselves as undroppable if their standards lower.

what message does that send to other players in the squad ? 

In answer to your question , any of them could , and perhaps , should have been rested as it was quite clear that some of them were shot .

i like Freeman but since the start of the season he's been having a stinker .

Sent off , open goal misses , ineffectuel free kicks ...  I would have rested him .

Wilbs is another , clear to see that he was out on his feet but Cotts never showed confidence in the subs to bring them on and change  things around a bit . He stubbornly persisted with the same tactics.

Of course i am not party to all that goes on at City and am not a professional coach , these are just my opinions.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You're talking about a team who find a place in their senior first XI for Hal Robson-Kanu!

Quite frankly and cutting to the chase... are you honestly suggesting that the current team at BC are better than Chris Coleman's first 11, if not perhaps you can enlighten me as to the veiled insult to Kanu and subsequently the Welsh team.

You know here sits the real issue i think.... this ridiculous and unjustified view of the stature of Bristol City FC and where it ranks right here and now and subsequently who would add or detract from that current status.

far too many on here are quick to write off good professionals like Kanu, players with good attitude and a team spirit to match with reasonable talent if not outstanding.

sometimes that's whats required, we will need all of that to stay in the championship.

28 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

And who have just qualified for a major competition with minimal resources .

Wouldn't call a team with Bale and Ramsey in 'minimal resources' but they still did well. 

Still doesn't mean Burns scoring against Romania U21s is anything to get in a frenzy about! 

I know he's been used sparingly at City but I'm yet to see much at all from him to suggest he should be starting games. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Wouldn't call a team with Bale and Ramsey in 'minimal resources' but they still did well. 

Still doesn't mean Burns scoring against Romania U21s is anything to get in a frenzy about! 

I know he's been used sparingly at City but I'm yet to see much at all from him to suggest he should be starting games. 

Reread my posts and you will perhaps understand .

18 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Quite frankly and cutting to the chase... are you honestly suggesting that the current team at BC are better than Chris Coleman's first 11, if not perhaps you can enlighten me as to the veiled insult to Kanu and subsequently the Welsh team.

You know here sits the real issue i think.... this ridiculous and unjustified view of the stature of Bristol City FC and where it ranks right here and now and subsequently who would add or detract from that current status.

far too many on here are quick to write off good professionals like Kanu, players with good attitude and a team spirit to match with reasonable talent if not outstanding.

sometimes that's whats required, we will need all of that to stay in the championship.

No, I'm suggesting that just because Wes has scored a goal against Romania U21s doesn't mean he's good enough to be a starter in a Championship side. 

When did I suggest City were better than Wales? Jeez talk about two and two and making five. 

My insinuation was that Wales aren't exactly blessed with top strikers, and the fact that Kanu - who has had one season in his entire career where he's scored more than 5 goals - is getting in their first team is testament to that!

I'm in the camp of "he could've been used more" this season.

When you've watched an exhausted Wilbraham failing to make headway in the opposition half for the last half hour of games - yet we have a young, quick striker on the bench - you have to think he was worth a punt on occasions. 

Talk about giving him a starting place is daft however. 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Reread my posts and you will perhaps understand .

No - I still don't understand why he should be starting games just because he does for Wales U21's. 

I trust Cotts - who sees Wes every day in training - over a manager who has very limited time with a squad. 

I stand by the fact that in his 30 odd appearances for City I've seen almost nothing to make me think he should be starting games for us. 

Archived