IGNORED

Plymouth Argyle - do they still dislike us? And if so, why?

Redminster

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

For me it's Swindon, Cardiff and Gas in that order. 

Argyle are nothing in comparison which is why I don't care about them - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I agree with this list although not in that order.

Mine would be Cardiff, Rovers then Swindon.

My point is there is clearly other clubs that put us in their top 3 who we couldn't give a monkeys about in 2015.

For the Swindon game was always the fixture I looked out for when they were in the same division. I must have been to the County Ground more times than any other away ground. Way back in the 70s it was always a feisty match both on and off the pitch. I've seen more trouble between City and Swindon fans than any other rivalry. In Swindon the police used to join in and there'd be a three way battle in the Town End.

Cardiff and Ninian Park comes close on that score. Always aggro between them and us going back decades.  NP was the most dirty, run down, hostile and aggressive ground I've been in. I used to love going over there.

Ive been to Home Park many times over the decades and can't remember any problems between them and us. 

1 hour ago, Redminster said:

Reason I ask is that I met a friend of a friend tonight in a pub in Bristol who was pretty aggressive in his dislike for us.

These days I can think of 5 clubs who I give two hoots about above Argyle.

Thoughts?

Do they still dislike us? Yes,I'm with big c,Plymouth Exeter Torquay ,its turnt into a who we hate,Plymouth aren't even in the top 15

I still don't like them from back in 2003-2004 and the old rivals.net forum. We were head to head for promotion all season... we beat them at the gate 1-0 towards the end which was sweet but in the end they pipped us and we bottled it. Their gloating was brutal and constant for the next few years until we finally managed to claw our way up.

I've never known such a ridiculous fanbase/rivalry. Before 2003 they were as quiet as mice and I barely acknowledged their existence, then suddenly they all appeared out of the woodwork claiming to hate us passionately. Then after 2010, they all dissapeared back to where they came from and we haven't heard a peep out of them since. Utter joke. At least Rovers still show their faces despite being inferior for the last 15 years.

Battle of the Bridges in it.... We've got Brunel's elegant World famous BRISTOL Suspension Bridge and its wholly Bristol's... not to mention the gorgeous Gorge.

Plymouth have the Tamar Bridge, not named after the city doesn't even belong to them its a share bridge jointly owned 50/50 by two neighbouring county councils...

They envy us our bridge - green eyed monster jealousy - simples innit. :)

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I must have been to the County Ground more times than any other away ground.

I should imagine it was one of the easier games to flog return mini bus tickets to the sags when they played there. 

It's geography.

To us they are a long way away and particularly as they dropped down the leagues we give them very little thought.

To them we are seen as near, seeing as nearly everyone else is much further away.

I know an Argyle fan (ST holder who lives in Radstock) and he doesn't like us, saying Ashton Gate is a horrible place to visit.

They are in my opinion the only other club with any real potential in the SW though, and if they got back to The Championship would regularly get at least 11,000- 12,000.

Archived