IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Hull City Match Day Thread

Surprised at the complaining on here. Hull are a very good side with class all over the pitch. We looked poor going forward but we've played v well defensively.

Also we were denied 2 or 3 good opportunities by some cynical defending in the first half  

Always dissapointing to lose a lead but a great point nonetheless. 

COYR

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

1-1... good point gained. Ironic that Hull's goal came from a route-one hoof forward. Pack was too negative in 2nd half and Freeman (although accept kept showing for it) was not producing for us.

Cotts surely has to give Bobby a start now. not happened for Freeman all season.

Made to look  very much second rate there.

Lessons learnt:- Win your 50/50's

Don't give the ball away cheaply

Don't give your opponents 5 yards space

Wing and centre backs get goal side of your opponents on crosses

and finally, it's our ground, get your friggin footwear sorted.

This season ain't going to be easy.

Edited by Moor2Sea
  • Like 1

I will take that all day long, will seem like a win in the City dressing room and a defeat in Hull's.

They were by far the better side and so they should be, we defended well again in general apart from one horrendous lapse that led to their goal.

Our midfield were poor all game, they overwhelmed us in that area in all aspects of the game, Smith and Pack looked weak and ineffectual and Freeman had a mare, the midfield should be the priority at the earliest opportunity and I feel Reid deserves a run now in place of Freeman but ultimately I would be pleasantly surprised if he was the complete answer.

Other than their goal, obviously, thought we kept our shape second half ok. No real attacking threat, but worked hard all game. Very few real chances in the second half in fairness. Hull stuffed Boro 3-0 last time out, and looked the better balanced side for sure, Really disappointed with their goal, but certainly a point hard earned. Freeman, comedy in last twenty. 

Edited by cityexile
1 minute ago, Bullbag said:

Care to share why?

Pack and to some extent Freeman so far just aren't up to it, so why not give Reid a chance?

Thats 2 different questions my friend if players like Smith and Pack were bullied and made to look weak and ineffectual all game, I cannot see that Reid would have faired any better today.

But yes he deserves a chance, we won't face a midfield like that for a while.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Thats 2 different questions my friend if players like Smith and Pack were bullied and made to look weak and ineffectual all game, I cannot see that Reid would have faired any better today.

But yes he deserves a chance, we won't face a midfield like that for a while.

Smith was MoM, put in great shift. Pack needlessly turned attack into defence a couple of times and was partly at fault for the goal by not winning the header from their goal-kick. Overall Pack, for me, has not got the quality. Smith certainly has, central midfielder to replace Pack would be my top pick in Jan Window.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Smith was MoM, put in great shift. Pack needlessly turned attack into defence a couple of times and was partly at fault for the goal by not winning the header from their goal-kick. Overall Pack, for me, has not got the quality. Smith certainly has, central midfielder to replace Pack would be my top pick in Jan Window.

Smith always puts in a great shift and is great player, but we IMO were overwhelmed in midfield for virtually the whole 90 minutes, they bossed us, bullied us and in the 2nd half we could not get anywhere them, in short we looked weak and ineffectual my mom would be either Ayling or Baker both outstanding all game.

5 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Ok 'my friend', not quite shore what you mean?

From what i've seen of Bobby so far is that when he gets the ball he runs at people, could of done with that today.

But you know best.

FFS WTF is your problem?, all i've said is I don't think against the excellent midfield of Hull today Reid would have made any difference, but yes he deserves a run in the side, what is difficult about that?, you gave an opinion and I gave mine, agree to disagree no need to get sarky.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Smith always puts in a great shift and is great player, but we IMO were overwhelmed in midfield for virtually the whole 90 minutes, they bossed us, bullied us and in the 2nd half we could not get anywhere them, in short we looked weak and ineffectual my mom would be either Ayling or Baker both outstanding all game.

I agree with all of this. It's a strange one because on the ball, City are capable of playing just as effective a passing game. I guess Hull just didn't give us time and space to do it today

29 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

The goal was Flint's fault. He let Maloney drift in behind him to score

And the people saying Freeman isn't good enough for this level...what crap

Watching it again it should of been Aylings man. Ayling watched him run past and let him go. 

Flint should be sweeping from that position, therefore Ayling should of been man marking.

Their wage bill must be astronomical and the gulf in class shows. Players like Mo Diame, Huddlestone and Livermore are too good for this league really. Combined with classy players like Robertson and Odubajo. Very good team and I'd be amazed if they don't go up.

We won't face a stronger side and at times we acquitted ourselves well, but their obvious quality showed as the game went on.

Good point overall but shows us we have lots of work to do before we are at that level.

• Like 3