IGNORED

Atmosphere today!

I am the mole

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course I don't feel superior, as a fan rep or otherwise. I didn't think that was a serious comment that actually required a response. 

Anyway, you are clearly upset about me starting songs that I didn't start and seeing myself as superior, where I don't. 

So, this conversation is futile and boring now so I wish you a good day  

indeed Internet forums are hard to read what tone things are said in.

have a great day also. 

We were moved in the Atyeo because of the change over, quite why I don't know as they have moved us approximately 10 seats to the right, in the same row so we are now right behind the goal :), That means they have actually moved us slightly further away from the unreserved seats,  but the good news is that they actually sounded louder that side. It must be the sound being reflected off the Dolman or something?  Hull were the quietest bunch we have had in ages, even when they scored they barely raised a cheer and had a cursory attempt at "it's all gone quiet over there" but other than that, nothing.

Didnt hear any criticism of the Dolman from the Atyeo from Dolman Bit of panto booing and that is it. Didnt hear this song in the Dolman sung v the Atyeo Bar BS3 refers to as well. you should be helping these fans efforts with the odd encouraging word, you are a fans rep but for years now you have been making snidey digs at asection of fans. you did with the EE, the Williams, and now the Atyeo. Bar BS3. you are a fans rep maybe fans should examine exactly how you have attempted to improve things for others as the lads in the Atyeo and others are guilty of attempting for years. the superan attitude is all yours because you do not appear to do anything for others at these meetings you attend.Keep it up Harry, BCFCS82 and all the rest. Ashton gate would be batter place with more of you and silent with more Bar Bs3's

6 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Didnt hear any criticism of the Dolman from the Atyeo from Dolman Bit of panto booing and that is it. Didnt hear this song in the Dolman sung v the Atyeo Bar BS3 refers to as well. you should be helping these fans efforts with the odd encouraging word, you are a fans rep but for years now you have been making snidey digs at asection of fans. you did with the EE, the Williams, and now the Atyeo. Bar BS3. you are a fans rep maybe fans should examine exactly how you have attempted to improve things for others as the lads in the Atyeo and others are guilty of attempting for years. the superan attitude is all yours because you do not appear to do anything for others at these meetings you attend.Keep it up Harry, BCFCS82 and all the rest. Ashton gate would be batter place with more of you and silent with more Bar Bs3's

You clearly don't know me or how I have supported city for over 25 years. I'm all for the best atmosphere possible, home and away. 

I'll leave you to your ill informed opinions. 

You clearly don't know me or how I have supported city for over 25 year ... Newbie then and those of us with forty years plus will have paid more than you but unlike you are bight behind the lads in the Atyeo.

I'm all for the best atmosphere possible .. Righto. how have in your rep position helped the lads in the EE, williams or Atyeo? really helped not just the odd begrudging "that was alright" aftert being pushed,. because its come across the opposite and you want to create a feeling of us v them. plenty ion the dolman happy to put out hands in pockets to help out even if we dont sing ourselves hoarse anymore and we also dont feel the need to pout in the digs you do in these threads everytime.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course I don't feel superior, as a fan rep or otherwise. I didn't think that was a serious comment that actually required a response. 

Anyway, you are clearly upset about me starting songs that I didn't start and seeing myself as superior, where I don't. 

So, this conversation is futile and boring now so I wish you a good day  

What was your view on the City wave?

11 hours ago, Harry said:

So, please may I add some perspective to this thread. If I may?

Ok, so it was me that started the song "Dolman, give us a song, Dolman, Dolman, give us a song", at around the 80 minute-mark.

Why did I do this???  I'll tell you.......

I was once a season ticket holder in the Dolman, and then moved to the East End, Williams, Atyeo West and finally Atyeo East.  Having been a Dolmanite, I know full well what an intimidating sound can come from there when the place is rocking. It is without doubt the best acoustic area in the ground, and the height and rake can cause intimidation when at it's best.

So, at around the 80-minute mark today, when our team (which we all support), were battling to a very welcome draw against the league leaders, I thought I'd try to get behind the lads and give them some extra oomph.  I figured I'd ask the Dolman for a song, knowing how raucous that place can be when in full voice. I figured, a huge, rousing, "Come on you reds" may have been the order of the day.  That's all I was asking for.

The request was not meant in a malicious, narcissistic or sniding manner, twas a genuine request for the Dolman to give us a massive "Come on you reds".  I can't believe for the life of me how this request was met, by both area's, in the manner it was.  The Dolman fans seemed to think the Atyeo fans were taking the piss.  The Atyeo fans also seemed as though it was a pisstake and ventured into Dolman 'slating' territory.

Innocent old me just wanted the fans from all sides to sing loudly and proudly and spur our boys on.  How naive of me.

Lets get this straight.  I don't care what anyone says, from the horses mouth, it was ME that started that song, and my intentions were pure.  I wanted the A & B Block to rise as one and sing "Come on you reds", in the loud, raucous and intimidatory way that only the Dolman can.  Then the rest of the ground would join in. That's all I wanted.  I wasn't expecting yet another bitch-fest about which fans are better.  We're all the same lads.  Let's just be as one, yeah.

For what it's worth, some folks may not have thought today carried the best atmos this season, but I for one can safely say that I did my bit.  I left the ground today with a sore throat, out of breath, and knowing I gave it my all.  I sang my little white ass off, gave it everything I had in my (perhaps) futile attempt at spurring my 11 warriors in red to victory.  I wish the other 14 and half thousand of you would do the same - whichever Stand you may frequent.

Let's quit the inter-stand rivalry.  Next time I sing "Dolman, gis a song", I expect you to rise and sing.  And if you don't, I don't want the Atyeites to respond in a derogatory way - just respond by singing louder and making your 1200 voices sound like 14,000.

Together, Ashton Gate can be intimidating, loud, proud, raucous and rocking.  But if we react like we did today then we have no hope.  Let's be as one, yeah.  I remember...... not so long ago....., when the old terraced East End used to sing "Dolman, gis a song", and the Dolman would rise, look upon the collected mass of scum-ridden and sh**-scared away fans in the corner, and give them a little taste of hell!!! We used to see away fans melt like cheap mozzarella when the Dolman got into full voice.  Let's get back to that, yeah.  Let's quit the in-fighting, inter-stand rivalry, my support is better than your support kinda crump that we've allowed to consume us.

It was ME that started "Dolman, give us a song" today. And I started it 3 times.  The reason was to try to get the whole crowd buzzing.  Sadly, all it seems to have created is another argument,  My intentions were pure.

And I know full well, I did my bit today for the atmos.  How many others on here can say the same?

Harry.

Read the above thread.

Do you feel that if fans representatives like Bar BS3 encouraged wider Fan x Club co-operation fans could coordinate something with wider impact?

Just now, Red Rag said:

I watched I,m a celebrity last night with that Lady C woman carry on a ridiculous argument about a can of soup. I then read this thread. Dejavu.

Yes dejau vu, in another form. Bar BS3 has kept up a theme for seasons. Ideas for improvement from fans are met with "Anti BS, cheap seats, divisive, super fan ... "

Lady C will have a few minutes of fame, but she is not a City fan who also sits on a body of Supporters who offer advice to Bristol Sport / Bristol City FC.

I have over years paid for season tickets at Eastend/Williams prices and the Bar BS3 price. I think the former is very healthy for Bristol City. No problem at all with fans paying less, or more. All opportunities should be maximised, prices should reflect variables such as facilities, view and the price of the Atyeo does that. Perhaps Bar BS3 would like to explain what he feels prices should be set at for others, and a stand he does not inhabit?

I was right by and joined in the chant of "Dolman give us a song" yesterday in the same way I was part of the Eastend encouraging the Dolman to "bounce around" in the Johnson years, which always got a good response.

It was intended as encouragement for a tough end to the game.

It's worth adding that many in the Dolman were enjoying it and smiling and I didn't notice this apparent response.

It was a bit flat yesterday but early kick offs always are, as well as the move from the other end of the stand it may take 2 or 3 games to get organised in there as the other side did before notable improvements against Forest, Wolves etc.

Plenty to be encouraged about, stick together City.

3 hours ago, WTMS said:

What was your view on the City wave?

Harry.

Read the above thread.

Do you feel that if fans representatives like Bar BS3 encouraged wider Fan x Club co-operation fans could coordinate something with wider impact?

I most certainly do encourage fan/club coordination. 

I don't recall the last meeting you came along to, to discuss any of these initiatives that you never really specify whilst continually slating the club. 

25 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I most certainly do encourage fan/club coordination. 

I don't recall the last meeting you came along to, to discuss any of these initiatives that you never really specify whilst continually slating the club. 

People have been attending meetings along similar themes since 2007 e.g 3 Lions.

14 hours ago, MrBibs said:

I sit in the South Stand. I look up to those in the Dolman and down on those in the Atyeo

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/media/images/66712000/jpg/_66712018_66712017.jpg

I also sit in the South Stand. I look down on Mr Lansdown, I look down on the players yet also up to the players and Mr Lansdown. They probably all look down on me. I know the superfans do.

On 21/11/2015, 19:22:32, BCFCS82 said:

why do you keep mentioning cheap seats. Do the fans set the prices?

is there any history of fans asking to cheaper tickets? 

yes

On 21/11/2015, 19:25:14, Phileas Fogg said:

It's annoying, it's become a stick to beat fans with. There's never been demands for cheaper seats to my knowledge.

there were people asking for cheaper seats as part of the move or something, so yes it did happen.

On 21/11/2015, 20:35:06, Gilts said:

If you're bitter about the price, why didn't you take advantage of the low prices in the Atyeo and the SS in the first place?

because the view from the side is far superior than that from the ends

On 21/11/2015, 21:14:19, BS4 on Tour... said:

I agree, do 'fans' in the Dolman Stand really think those in the Atyeo Stand are beneath them???! And I don't mean in a physical sense...

do fans in the atyeo stand think that they are superior because they stand or  occasionally make a small noise?

On 21/11/2015, 20:09:03, Lew-T said:

What a pathetic and arrogant response. I personally CHOOSE to go in the Atyeo or the ' cheap seats ' according to you! 

I'd rather have a sing song, stand and have a laugh with old mates. Not sit on the my hands all game!

Couldn't make it today but think before posting arrogant and unnecessary drivel.

have a sing song and a laugh in a different stand then if you want  the noise to come from there

I personally enjoy a sing song and a laugh with whoever I go with, but i also like to be able to clearly see whats going on with regards to any decisions such as offsides etc, which unless blatant, you can't from the ends. I have however always gone where i could reasonably afford to sit, which has been the atyeo or south stand this season, and the atmosphere has been shite in both games I've got to this season, so the sing song excuse to sneer at those in the dolman be used there, whereas those who do pay extra to sit on the sides make the choice each week, so if they really wanted to (which i'm sure they don't) they would have a better excuse to have a go at those in the "cheap seats".

also, for those singers who want to moan at the dolman, or blame the game, or blame the away fans for not singing. sing anyway, you say you go to have asing song and a laugh, but instead its excuses, before last season there were claims you cant make an atmosphere in the atyeo, then some away fans proved that to be nonsense, now its because the other fans didnt sing, although that didnt stop us at cardiff and that was a poor game too. 

edit- put in a screenshot, you can see in the post under "Survey Results Are In" 25% of people asked wanted the tickets to be the cheapest in the ground. unfortunately when I opened the thread some posts were missing.

Screenshot (1).png

19 hours ago, Natchlander said:

I wanted to go with the singing section... If that was more expensive... I would pay it... To me, I get more more out of the match day experience standing and singing and having a laugh with my mates and like minded supporters.

Completely agree with this and I share very similar opinions to Harry as someone who once had a season ticket in the dolman, then east end, Williams and now atyeo, the reason being to have a laugh with mates in an unreserved standing area where we can effectively (most of the time) do what we like in terms of sing, wave flags and generally 'support' our team.

The price of my season ticket has nothing to do with those reasons above and in fact if it meant I could continue doing all that even with my season ticket being doubled I'd be happy as it's the experience of having a laugh with friends and family that far outweighs the cost of my ticket...some thing's are more important in life than money!

2 hours ago, City169 said:

yes

there were people asking for cheaper seats as part of the move or something, so yes it did happen.

do fans in the atyeo stand think that they are superior because they stand or  occasionally make a small noise?

have a sing song and a laugh in a different stand then if you want  the noise to come from there

I personally enjoy a sing song and a laugh with whoever I go with, but i also like to be able to clearly see whats going on with regards to any decisions such as offsides etc, which unless blatant, you can't from the ends. I have however always gone where i could reasonably afford to sit, which has been the atyeo or south stand this season, and the atmosphere has been shite in both games I've got to this season, so the sing song excuse to sneer at those in the dolman be used there, whereas those who do pay extra to sit on the sides make the choice each week, so if they really wanted to (which i'm sure they don't) they would have a better excuse to have a go at those in the "cheap seats".

also, for those singers who want to moan at the dolman, or blame the game, or blame the away fans for not singing. sing anyway, you say you go to have asing song and a laugh, but instead its excuses, before last season there were claims you cant make an atmosphere in the atyeo, then some away fans proved that to be nonsense, now its because the other fans didnt sing, although that didnt stop us at cardiff and that was a poor game too. 

edit- put in a screenshot, you can see in the post under "Survey Results Are In" 25% of people asked wanted the tickets to be the cheapest in the ground. unfortunately when I opened the thread some posts were missing.

Screenshot (1).png

Nobody asked for the cheapest prices as some kind of negotiation tool. Your suggestion is completely made up nonsense I'm afraid.

Additionally, how this has gone from a bit of fun to people bashing each other is daft. We are all one, the sooner we all stick together the better Ashton Gate will be. 

3 hours ago, City169 said:

yes

Regarding season ticket prices fans, and that is the ones attending meetings have not requested cheaper season tickets for the Eastend,Williams ... In 2007 regarding the Eastend there was reference to the Atyeo, and parity in price for the Eastend was suggested. Parity!

4 hours ago, City169 said:

That's exactly the answer I was looking for from BAR BS3 There lies the main reason for the tickets being cheaper in the Atyeo and you can also add the fact the facilities are worse.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Griffin said:

Atmosphere was shocking in the dolman, 1-0 up against Hull on TV and even with the atyeo asking us to sing a song everyone sat in silence, I was actually embarrased sat there..

Have to say when I read comments like this it makes me laugh - you're honestly saying that you felt embarrassed - assume you have sat there before ? This is certainly nothing new

I appreciate it is said in jest, but find the "Dolman give us a song" chant a bit cringeworthy - am sure if a song / chant was started people would naturally join in?

Am hoping in the future that will be the case, in A block there have been times where there has been a decent atmosphere around us, am looking forward to those in the Atyeo getting

Archived