IGNORED

Atmosphere today!

I am the mole

5 hours ago, City169 said:

yes

there were people asking for cheaper seats as part of the move or something, so yes it did happen.

because the view from the side is far superior than that from the ends

do fans in the atyeo stand think that they are superior because they stand or  occasionally make a small noise?

have a sing song and a laugh in a different stand then if you want  the noise to come from there

I personally enjoy a sing song and a laugh with whoever I go with, but i also like to be able to clearly see whats going on with regards to any decisions such as offsides etc, which unless blatant, you can't from the ends. I have however always gone where i could reasonably afford to sit, which has been the atyeo or south stand this season, and the atmosphere has been shite in both games I've got to this season, so the sing song excuse to sneer at those in the dolman be used there, whereas those who do pay extra to sit on the sides make the choice each week, so if they really wanted to (which i'm sure they don't) they would have a better excuse to have a go at those in the "cheap seats".

also, for those singers who want to moan at the dolman, or blame the game, or blame the away fans for not singing. sing anyway, you say you go to have asing song and a laugh, but instead its excuses, before last season there were claims you cant make an atmosphere in the atyeo, then some away fans proved that to be nonsense, now its because the other fans didnt sing, although that didnt stop us at cardiff and that was a poor game too. 

edit- put in a screenshot, you can see in the post under "Survey Results Are In" 25% of people asked wanted the tickets to be the cheapest in the ground. unfortunately when I opened the thread some posts were missing.

Screenshot (1).png

You can't use a particular visible screenshot as evidence, we don't know how many people voted, who voted or how the question was worded.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You can't use a particular visible screenshot as evidence, we don't know how many people voted, who voted or how the question was worded.

I went into the thread, but those bits of information weren't there when I scanned through it. Feel free to check if you doubt me, if it's there then I apologise for not seeing it.

2 minutes ago, City169 said:

I went into the thread, but those bits of information weren't there when I scanned through it. Feel free to check if you doubt me, if it's there then I apologise for not seeing it.

It's just not tangible evidence - for example "expect those tickets to be cheapest" does that mean they expect it because they want it or expect it because it's realistically what might happen? How many people took part and who were they?

3 hours ago, WTMS said:

Regarding season ticket prices fans, and that is the ones attending meetings have not requested cheaper season tickets for the Eastend,Williams ... In 2007 regarding the Eastend there was reference to the Atyeo, and parity in price for the Eastend was suggested. Parity!

As seen in the screenshot I have given, 25% of EEers who voted wanted the tickets to be the cheapest, that's not parity, however as phileas fogg points out the wording and number of people voting isn't clear, and I couldn't see it at a quick glance through to clarify it.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's just not tangible evidence - for example "expect those tickets to be cheapest" does that mean they expect it because they want it or expect it because it's realistically what might happen? How many people took part and who were they?

I suppose the best person to ask would be blagdon red, if he can even remember, I'm having a proper read through now, and so far have gathered the survey was completed by 3081 people, and links to reports about the survey which I haven't got round to opening yet

3 hours ago, Puckle_red said:

Nobody asked for the cheapest prices as some kind of negotiation tool. Your suggestion is completely made up nonsense I'm afraid.

Additionally, how this has gone from a bit of fun to people bashing each other is daft. We are all one, the sooner we all stick together the better Ashton Gate will be. 

I haven't made any suggestion, others had suggested it, others said they hadn't ever seen it, I simply provided a screenshot that said 25% of 3081 people surveyed expected cheaper tickets in the area where the EEers would be relocated. The rest is you putting words in my mouth.

as for the second point, there are people in various sections of the ground who look down at others, it seems to me from a neutral perspective (in that I have never been a permanent fixture in one stand, barring 2 season tickets in the dolman 8 years apart) that those who are part of the "singing section" (formerly those of the EE) are most vocal about it online and this grates others who sometimes bite back.

4 minutes ago, City169 said:

I suppose the best person to ask would be blagdon red, if he can even remember, I'm having a proper read through now, and so far have gathered the survey was completed by 3081 people, and links to reports about the survey which I haven't got round to opening yet

That means then that fans from other parts of the ground would have voted making the 25% figure even less accurate as it's diluted. 

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That means then that fans from other parts of the ground would have voted making the 25% figure even less accurate as it's diluted. 

A reasonable and correct conclusion, I'm scrolling through the report now, 22% who voted were those who had occupied the east end, 643 skipped that question. However it would be naive to assume that the majority of those "expecting" cheaper tickets in the singing section would be from people who had no interest in it

edit- the wording of the question was "If you would personally want to be in a singing section, which of the following statements would best reflect your view?"

options being:

"I'd expect singing section tickets to be the cheapest in the ground"

"I'd expect singing section tickets to cost no more than others in that stand"

"I'd be prepared to pay slightly more to be in the singing section"

"not applicable- I don't plan to go in the singing section"

7 minutes ago, City169 said:

A reasonable and correct conclusion, I'm scrolling through the report now, 22% who voted were those who had occupied the east end, 643 skipped that question. However it would be naive to assume that the majority of those "expecting" cheaper tickets in the singing section would be from people who had no interest in it

edit- the wording of the question was "If you would personally want to be in a singing section, which of the following statements would best reflect your view?"

options being:

"I'd expect singing section tickets to be the cheapest in the ground"

"I'd expect singing section tickets to cost no more than others in that stand"

"I'd be prepared to pay slightly more to be in the singing section"

"not applicable- I don't plan to go in the singing section"

How many voters were there from the east end? Discounting the 600+ who skipped the question, not a huge amount in the scheme of the survey. The wording of the question isn't fantastic, and doesn't help when drawing a conclusion about cheaper tickets. If it was "I'd want the tickets to be cheapest.." then it's different, expect is a bit more ambiguous - could mean what they expect the club to do.

In my personal experience, discussions about price have come about as a result of poorer facilities compared to the rest of the ground. The implication by some is that EE'ers wanted cheaper tickets as they thought their support was more valuable to the team. 

Why is there any need for all this bickering? We all go to Ashton Gate to support City, we all choose to support to team differently.

I sit in Block A of the Dolman, I sit there because I always have done, I like the view of the pitch, I like the people I sit with. It has nothing to do with price, or how "good" a supporter I am. I get irate, I shout when decisions go against us, I celebrate like a nutter when we score, I sing and join in chants as and when they come about. The atmosphere isn't always electric, however there are plenty of times as a collective chants / songs go round.

A lot of the people around me don't like to join in singing and don't get out their seats every two minutes like I do - they show their support differently to myself / those singers in the Atyeo - doesn't make them any less of a fan. I just don't get the argument that if you aren't creating loads of noise for 90 minutes of a game, you are then any less of a fan of our club. It is all about what people want from their match day experience, it just seems silly people seemingly have a go at others for not supporting the team in the manner in which they personally do. Those fans in the Atyeo just came across very condescending and patronising the other day, the chant for the Dolman to give them a song, hence why nobody replied back - not a case of us fans thinking we couldn't be arsed/didn't want to.

I personally do find it odd when people sit there in near on silence all game, as that's not how I personally am at the football, however I wouldn't berate them for it. Getting behind the team as a collective, not taking "sides" dictated by stands surely is the way forward?....

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How many voters were there from the east end? Discounting the 600+ who skipped the question, not a huge amount in the scheme of the survey. The wording of the question isn't fantastic, and doesn't help when drawing a conclusion about cheaper tickets. If it was "I'd want the tickets to be cheapest.." then it's different, expect is a bit more ambiguous - could mean what they expect the club to do.

In my personal experience, discussions about price have come about as a result of poorer facilities compared to the rest of the ground. The implication by some is that EE'ers wanted cheaper tickets as they thought their support was more valuable to the team. 

a valid point, there was mention of a more in depth analysis, but I hope you dont mind that I dont fancy digging that up at the moment having just scanned through a 57 page document. 

Re second point, that's probably true, and the east end did have worse facilities, but as long as the atyeo prices this year are in line with the price (and changes) ground wide compared to last season, I see no basis for complaint. (are they? I have only been able to go infrequently the last couple of years, so unable to recall prices from various stands).

I think the "implication that EE'ers wanted cheaper tickets because of them thinking their support is more vital..." is an implication that has been made, and I havent meant to go with it in any posts if it comes across that way (I was simply providing the print  screen to show there had been some "expectation" of cheaper prices). But probably stems from the point I made in reply to Puckle_Red, all stands will have some people who view themselves as "superfans" but due to the more vocal nature of the EE'ers, it is more often those that are seen as making those kind of comments, even if it isn't intended to come across as such. A vocal minority type situation.

On 21 November 2015 19:29:35, BCFCS82 said:

No it never has been.

back when the east end was season ticket holders only, no potd etc, the club told the supporters trust they had something exciting planned.

this in turn related to cheap season tickets which filled the stand, therefore solving any council issued on who was in the stand. This was the clubs doing and not the fans.

i would like to ask, barbs3, what he would like fans to do when they have no choice in the setting of prices at Ashton gate?

i paid the full price for my seat as per what Bristol sport asked. I'm not really sure what more fans could do?

Donate cash to the club to make up for your cheap seats, it's not brain surgery petal

13 minutes ago, BCFCS82 said:

Why can't everyone , just get on with everyone else?

who cares if you do sing, don't sing, pay more, pay less, eat a prawn sandwich, eat a burger with less than 10% meat.

why can't everyone just let people support the club how they wish.

People were getting angry about wine being sold at Ashton gate the other day. Well I like wine and it goes well with food and snacks. those football facists always going on about what you're supposed to do at football. I'm the dastardly red and I drink what I want ( which happens to be red funnily enough)

7 hours ago, City169 said:

yes

there were people asking for cheaper seats as part of the move or something, so yes it did happen.

because the view from the side is far superior than that from the ends

do fans in the atyeo stand think that they are superior because they stand or  occasionally make a small noise?

have a sing song and a laugh in a different stand then if you want  the noise to come from there

I personally enjoy a sing song and a laugh with whoever I go with, but i also like to be able to clearly see whats going on with regards to any decisions such as offsides etc, which unless blatant, you can't from the ends. I have however always gone where i could reasonably afford to sit, which has been the atyeo or south stand this season, and the atmosphere has been shite in both games I've got to this season, so the sing song excuse to sneer at those in the dolman be used there, whereas those who do pay extra to sit on the sides make the choice each week, so if they really wanted to (which i'm sure they don't) they would have a better excuse to have a go at those in the "cheap seats".

also, for those singers who want to moan at the dolman, or blame the game, or blame the away fans for not singing. sing anyway, you say you go to have asing song and a laugh, but instead its excuses, before last season there were claims you cant make an atmosphere in the atyeo, then some away fans proved that to be nonsense, now its because the other fans didnt sing, although that didnt stop us at cardiff and that was a poor game too. 

edit- put in a screenshot, you can see in the post under "Survey Results Are In" 25% of people asked wanted the tickets to be the cheapest in the ground. unfortunately when I opened the thread some posts were missing.

Screenshot (1).png

1 hour ago, City169 said:

As seen in the screenshot I have given, 25% of EEers who voted wanted the tickets to be the cheapest, that's not parity, however as phileas fogg points out the wording and number of people voting isn't clear, and I couldn't see it at a quick glance through to clarify it.

From the Eastend, to the Williams and now Atyeo people who have attended meetings etc to reopen, relocate are stating consistently that no request was made to the club for cheaper season tickets. 

That particular chant has gone on for years all over the country, I'm at a loss as to how anybody could see it as a cry of superiority.

But then to start discussing prices paid in certain stands just seems completely disproportionate. I can confirm there was no request for cheapest tickets in any relocation to the Williams or Atyeo.

There is absolutely no case showing fans that sing look down at those who don't and it was certainly not the intention of the chant, the reaction is baffling. As said before, the sooner we all stick together, the better AG will be.

Archived