IGNORED

wheres the atomsphere

leader

42 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Those 'red walls', blimey, doesn't anybody know Banksy on here? He's alledgedly a City fan, wouldn't it be great if he did a bit - appealing to his generous nature/’spirit to give something back to the City like Uncle Steve has (even if it is only an image that slags off the corruption in FIFA given his political sway).

Imagine, an outdoor mural gallery centred on Ashton Gate - ticks all the boxes. Think of the revenue and interest that would create for our Club!!! That really would instantly put us on the world stage. ... we'd have more Chinese, Japanese and US fans than Man U.

SL don't be so blinkered, AG as a 'sport and arts venue' that's the way forward. DMS walls could be done as well and we can have stalls selling prints, T shirts 24/7 .... 

This is not a my Dad is bigger than your Dad reply but on here, perhaps no, but a fan who !00% does, and part of the artistic community was interested in a former idea of creating an outdoor mural gallery centred on Ashton Gate.

The idea of looking at the Atyeo - Dolman entrance is acceptance that Ashton Gate now is shared, but by using a corner boldy, and with imagination the walls and decor identify it is very clearly still the home of Bristol City. A home that is a bit different to the rest. 

36 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

As a shared stadium, perhaps Ernie on one side and an angry bear on the other both looking mean as &^%$

That idea was about being proud of who we are, the ideas here are similar and bullishly unapologetic. Our identity, depending on who view our to be is not shared..

Brizzly Bear on the side of the stadium. Would fans feel comfortable with that?

Many would prefer - Be proud of yourself  BCFC!.

13 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

Is the geezer with the drum in the Atyeo? Although rather annoying last season it definitely was better than the silence of this season. May not be everyone's cup of tea but worth a try.

There was no drum last season also many have commented on decent atmospheres against Forest and later in the Wolves game.

On that subject I don't think that type of drumming is needed, it was banging the for the sake of it (with due respect to the drummer) time is needed, I think the next few home games will be an improvement.

6 hours ago, sodburyred said:

Very hard to do anything in the South Stand this season. Being constantly told to sit down and be quiet from people behind and also being moaned at for going to the toilet is really killing my buz at the moment.

Chap - I fully sympathise if you have a condition, but going to the toilet in the South Stand is bound to upset some people.

The last thing people want on a Saturday is wet feet or the sight of some hairy arsed bloke curling out a large Cuban bum cigar in row 22.

Have you explored all the alternatives?

2 hours ago, Puckle_red said:

There was no drum last season also many have commented on decent atmospheres against Forest and later in the Wolves game.

On that subject I don't think that type of drumming is needed, it was banging the for the sake of it (with due respect to the drummer) time is needed, I think the next few home games will be an improvement.

I may be wrong but I was sure the drum was in the Williams at least at the beginning of the season. Not wanting to open a can of worms regarding the drum, just thinking of a way to generate noise(it is certainly heard).

6 hours ago, cider head said:

Yep we are giving it a good go but there was an obvious attempt to dilute, annoy or distract the Atmosphere in the Atyeo by those stewards who don't seem to get that it is a ''Relaxed Attitude'' stand and maybe home and away fans had even swapped sides?.

Below many points emailed to me and i have read on various media forms by people i don't doubt.  (yes i also heard and seen a fair bit of this about the pre match briefing as i was putting flags up from 9am and it raised my eyebrows for sure). I will say for a few seasons and this season so far the stewards have been really good but saturday we returned to the dark days of them and us and it is just not healthy for anyone and nothing will change if people can't work together club/bs/fans and all.

A very unprofessional showing by safe and sound on Saturday and needs addressing.

Steward 201 saying that there was 'obviously' a higher risk due to paris incident' when asked about these new rules that werent in p
lace when we were the other side of the stand with a set of stewards who took part and enjoyed friendly banter.

Stewards laughing and pointing at city fans when Hull scored which can only be described as antagonistic.

Stewards coming up in to the Atyeo every 5 minutes to have a pop at fans over what would be said as nothing and again it was antagonistic.

The fast response team positioned right in that dolman and Atyeo corner constantly dogging people up and body language and stance of their appearance in a provocative and yes antagonistic nature and the other stewards just not letting up of the most stupid of issues and were rude and not wanting to engage with fans in a helpful way and yet again came accross as antagonistic and one had a scarf around the face with what can be suggested to conceal the face, yeah it was a cold day but no other persons in the ground was doing this.

Their pre match briefing while we were putting the flags up was negative towards the fans and the words of "this is our stand not theirs" and "they can't do what they want" was used which they were up for antagonising the supporters on Saturday which they did and spoiled the atmosphere may they be reminded we are the paying customers who contribute to Bristol city who then pay wages and no it is not their stand or even the stadium it is Steve lansdowns.

The chap with the glasses leading the charge of stewards has a history of being a antagonistic to supporters from the other stands in the past and was heard saying these bastards can **** off on my watch flags and all, i feel this steward is not suited to work this type of stand and supporters which has clearly been given as a relaxed area and nothing was as bad as this the other side of the stand which FANS and CLUB/BS have commented of being success so far.

Stewards 210 moaning about gangways for 90 minutes which really were not blocked and getting the control room to zoom in on people with cameras for next to nothing. Also he was bleeting on that he was there for fans safety and if there was an emergency what would happen if the gangways was blocked but they wer not, fans were stating people would move, but he wasn't listening to anything the fans were saying and was simply rude about it and antagonistic.

Fans don't buy into the "I'm just doing my job" clap trap.

People had literally one foot in the 1.5metre wide gangway and he was telling them to move. It was pathetic. On a day that was always going to be difficult to create an atmosphere for a variety of reasons, the stewards made it near impossible.

So why if safety is a concern, do they force us out that tiny walkway rather than open those gates between the Dolman and Atyeo at full time or have they not remembered this section is no longer away fans?.

stewards.thumb.jpg.7a65c78fb1c31d1cd5f91

I'll have to agree with what you said. One thing that I was told was that there is only about 9 original stewards at the club who have been doing the job for years and years who know the fans and how things are done right. The club recently bought in a whole new lot of stewards who are virtually pretty clueless. We seem to have 3 wise men in the control room who are trying to outdo each other to impress their boss to look good. This is unprofessional in my opinion. They keep giving conflicting messages to the stewards which in effect pisses off the fans. 

I am starting to get annoyed, getting to the point where I feel like not bothering at all.

4 hours ago, WTMS said:

That idea was about being proud of who we are, the ideas here are similar and bullishly unapologetic. Our identity, depending on who view our to be is not shared..

Brizzly Bear on the side of the stadium. Would fans feel comfortable with that?

Many would prefer - Be proud of yourself  BCFC!.

I meant on the side of the houses. And I'm sure with the many brilliant artists in Bristol who do things like on North Street they could create something that would please most. I'd rather both Ernie and Brizzly (the bear) than neither. The thing is if you go to the club and ask for just City ideas they'll be put down for the sake of "balance". I don't like the shared ownership (despite being an occasional rugby ST holder as recently as last season) but until that changes we must embrace it or nothing will get done.

3 hours ago, sodburyred said:

Is the geezer with the drum in the Atyeo? Although rather annoying last season it definitely was better than the silence of this season. May not be everyone's cup of tea but worth a try.

Any drummer should be someone who can actually play it and the drum should be a bass drum. I'm really in favour of a drum for uniting a stand and stadium but if done badly it sounds complete shite.

3 hours ago, Puckle_red said:

The two games we won. Sing when we're winning mentality I fear. 

6 hours ago, cider head said:

You got it ;)

''I TOLD YOU TO STOP ANY ENJOYMENT'  ''GET ON WITH IT''

A lot of wages there segregating, ummm, home fans from home fans??  :fear: 

Stewards3.thumb.jpg.5e4fbf31771f385e6f70

The guy with the glasses definitely is not suited to this type of work... tries to give it the 'big I am' when in fact he's just up his own arse, winding up home fans on a constant basis. Used to be stationed in the Williams

Needs to be removed in my humble opinion..

5 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I meant on the side of the houses. And I'm sure with the many brilliant artists in Bristol who do things like on North Street they could create something that would please most. I'd rather both Ernie and Brizzly (the bear) than neither. The thing is if you go to the club and ask for just City ideas they'll be put down for the sake of "balance". I don't like the shared ownership (despite being an occasional rugby ST holder as recently as last season) but until that changes we must embrace it or nothing will get done.

Any drummer should be someone who can actually play it and the drum should be a bass drum. I'm really in favour of a drum for uniting a stand and stadium but if done badly it sounds complete shite.

The two games we won. Sing when we're winning mentality I fear. 

Your last point applies to every fanbase in the football league and Premier league apart from maybe Palace who to be fair, sing for the whole game despite the score line. 

Apart from them though, the score line does affect the crowd. We aren't the only club who ' sing when we're winning '

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We Bristoaliens are very dignified sorts . We don't go in for making a spectacle of ourselves like those oiks from the North or those classless Cockney shirt  fronts .

To make a noise we need to lose our selfconsciousness , two things do this , excitement and drama which rises our dander and/or alcohol .

Not complicated .

Is this true though? 

The way some of the ' older ' fanbase talk about the old Ashton Gate, it's as if it was like a cauldron.

They couldn't have been pissed all the time... 

Hmm

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Your last point applies to every fanbase in the football league and Premier league apart from maybe Palace who to be fair, sing for the whole game despite the score line. 

Apart from them though, the score line does affect the crowd. We aren't the only club who ' sing when we're winning '

Not saying we're any different but we want to be different no? The best games are those scrappy games which could go either way where both sets of fans sing like mad for 90 minutes. I want us to be at our loudest when we're losing with our backs against the wall.

6 hours ago, Lew-T said:

The lads in the corner do a terrific job but it doesn't spread that well across the stand, I stand inbetween the singers and seated supporters and I've never heard a thing to my left in previous games. 

If anything it would probably be better off if they were in the middle. Obviously not asking them to move but just thinking out loud what would be best to improve the atmosp

10 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Not saying we're any different but we want to be different no? The best games are those scrappy games which could go either way where both sets of fans sing like mad for 90 minutes. I want us to be at our loudest when we're losing with our backs against the wall.

City fans usually do turn up when our backs are against the wall. Before the Forrest game we were sitting bottom of the league and the atmosphere was brilliant that night! A few years ago against Reading was electric too. 

It's when the players aren't putting the effort in, the place becomes like a morgue. City fans want to see effort, blood and sweat from the players! If they do, the stands will always back them vocally. 

I think we are different in other aspects, we have a unique fan base. 

17 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

The guy with the glasses definitely is not suited to this type of work... tries to give it the 'big I am' when in fact he's just up his own arse, winding up home fans on a constant basis. Used to be stationed in the Williams

Needs to be removed in my humble opinion..

He does appear to be the one who caused the most issues.

You could tell he was loving leading his troops up and down the stairs, threatening people with being filmed for simply trying to have a civil conversation. Belittling people's intelligence and always stating "I am only doing my job".

hopefully they can get some stewards more suited to this type of work. some from the Williams last were great and build up a good rapport. This year, they have put people in place who genuinely seem to enjoy antagonising people. 

The line of "this isn't away or home stand now, it is our stand" 

What are they seriously expecting to happen? 

1 hour ago, sodburyred said:

I may be wrong but I was sure the drum was in the Williams at least at the beginning of the season. Not wanting to open a can of worms regarding the drum, just thinking of a way to generate noise(it is certainly heard).

The drum was effectively banned by the club due to various reasons. Which was welcomed by many many people.

8 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We Bristoaliens are very dignified sorts . We don't go in for making a spectacle of ourselves like those oiks from the North or those classless Cockney shirt  fronts .

To make a noise we need to lose our selfconsciousness , two things do this , excitement and drama which rises our dander and/or alcohol .

Not complicated .

I don't think that's true really, there's not much tangible difference when comparing someone from Bristol to someone from London or Leeds anymore as the population have moved about so much in last 50 years. I think that whether atmosphere is ingrained in the football club is a different, but related, argument. The Kop at Liverpool being a good example. The eastend hasn't been 'recognised' like that by our club.

15 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

City fans usually do turn up when our backs are against the wall. Before the Forrest game we were sitting bottom of the league and the atmosphere was brilliant that night! A few years ago against Reading was electric too. 

It's when the players aren't putting the effort in, the place becomes like a morgue. City fans want to see effort, blood and sweat from the players! If they do, the stands will always back them vocally. 

I think we are different in other aspects, we have a unique fan base. 

Forgive me for disagreeing.

First of all in that Forest game we went 2-0 up in 11 minutes which meant the whole game was good. If we had scored those goals in the last 11 minutes it would not have been as good. Our fans have turned up on occasion when we're up against it, but most of the time it quickly turns to moans, groans and boos.

Last season we destroyed all that came our way and the atmosphere was awful so I can agree with your second point either.

The Reading game (when we won 1-0 on a Tuesday night under Millen), if we're thinking of the same game, was a good atmosphere and was exactly the game I was thinking of when I said a scrappy game that could go either way and both sets of fans up for it. However these games are few and far between. 

Imo we need to show our blood, sweat and tears too. If I can't speak on Sunday morning then I enjoyed myself on Saturday, regardless of the result.

Amongst the other complaints listed in cider head's post the grievance that stewards were pointing and laughing at City fans when Hull scored stands out as being particularly unacceptable, and clearly such individuals are unsuitable for the job.

They obviously don't support City, so which club(s) do they support? Rovers perhaps?

Any steward who deliberately antagonises fans in any way should be reported to the club, with accompanying photo. You'd hope the club would then take immediate action to ensure it didn't happen again.

Who is responsible in the AG hierarchy for the behaviour of the stewards? 

Cider head's list of fans' grievances needs to be seen, and acted upon, by that person before the next home game to ensure there is no repetition.

Allowing fans to be treated in the ways described by stewards in your own ground is nothing short of disgraceful.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Amongst the other complaints listed in cider head's post the grievance that stewards were pointing and laughing at City fans when Hull scored stands out as being particularly unacceptable, and clearly such individuals are unsuitable for the job.

They obviously don't support City, so which club(s) do they support? Rovers perhaps?

Any steward who deliberately antagonises fans in any way should be reported to the club, with accompanying photo. You'd hope the club would then take immediate action to ensure it didn't happen again.

Cider head's list of fans' grievances needs to be seen, and acted upon, by that person before the next home game to ensure there is no repetition.

Allowing fans to be treated in the ways described by stewards in your own ground is nothing short of disgraceful.

would have loved to see the stewards laughing when the opposition scored back in the 70s and 80s

too lovey dovey nowadays and too many pc brigade going to the match for my liking

12 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I agree. Watch the stewards at Everton when the Toffees score on MOTD, they celebrate with the fans....having a group of sarcastic, antagonistic, narcissistic and caustic people in our ground is very unhealthy and shows a lack of respect for City fans...and I only stopped there cos I couldn't think of any other appropriate words that end in 'tic'...

Some very good points on here,as an ex parkender,eastender and one of the old gits I have a season ticket in the atyeo,it's just my thoughts but I feel the club don't want fans who want to make noise or God forbid have a song with a swear word in,speaking to a few fans they all say the same thing prawn sandwich and family's are the way forward for the club,it's not just Ashton gate it's every club,the days of singing and having a laugh are over,as for the stewards is it them playing up or are they under order from the club?

Archived