IGNORED

wheres the atomsphere

leader

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

In this age of cameras in everyone's pockets, why is nobody sharing this awful behaviour from stewards? 

Just surprised, that's all. 

The for example "can you film this person" it's normally done under the stewards breath into his radio. So the said person isn't aware of it. 

There were cases Saturday where fans were being filmed for simply standing within a few cm of the stair way etc . 

Im just hoping Saturday shall we say "a show of strength with your boys brigade"

Let's not forget that stewards have to operate within the law. If you are entirely innocent and a steward is going outside of what is reasonable/lawful, I'd record exactly what has happened and take it further. 

I've had no issue with stewards, in fact mostly witnessed a***holes in the Dolman giving them undeserved grief. 

9 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Let's not forget that stewards have to operate within the law. If you are entirely innocent and a steward is going outside of what is reasonable/lawful, I'd record exactly what has happened and take it further. 

I've had no issue with stewards, in fact mostly witnessed a***holes in the Dolman giving them undeserved grief. 

Cotswold , stewards in general do a fantastic job and over the other side of the atyeo, plus the Williams last season the work and stewards in place were fantastic. 

There was one who was happy to stop and chat to you etc, I haven't spotted him this season which is a great shame. He has great personal skills. 

16 minutes ago, john shaw number 1 said:

Some very good points on here,as an ex parkender,eastender and one of the old gits I have a season ticket in the atyeo,it's just my thoughts but I feel the club don't want fans who want to make noise or God forbid have a song with a swear word in,speaking to a few fans they all say the same thing prawn sandwich and family's are the way forward for the club,it's not just Ashton gate it's every club,the days of singing and having a laugh are over,as for the stewards is it them playing up or are they under order from the club?

I sound like a real David Icke on this thread but is it feasible the club would subtly request the stewards are antagonistic towards the Atyeo group to provoke a reaction and impose sanctions? Surely not.. But I can't think why the stewards would behave like they have been.. Very odd

35 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

In this age of cameras in everyone's pockets, why is nobody sharing this awful behaviour from stewards? 

Just surprised, that's all. 

Where i agree it could be done however the stewards will chuck the ''you are not allowed to film or take pictures inside a football stadium'' rule at you and get you ejected. Fans do use cameras with mostly a relaxed attitude in grounds but it will be forced a rule of NO if used on staff in their face.

City fans have been ejected from grounds in the past for doing so and Bradford City are well known for it as one of the chaps i know was chucked out for taking photos of their cheerleaders a few seasons back.

The stewards are definitely antagonistic towards our supporters so I suggest we replace them with police officers. Let's rip out the seating in the Ayteo and see if this helps reignite the missing atmosphere at Ashton Gate, and by the way if we are standing lets reduce the prices in line with this!!

4 minutes ago, shelts said:

The stewards are definitely antagonistic towards our supporters so I suggest we replace them with police officers. Let's rip out the seating in the Ayteo and see if this helps reignite the missing atmosphere at Ashton Gate, and by the way if we are standing lets reduce the prices in line with this!!

On the funny side of that, I think the policing at Ashton gate has been fantastic over the last few years. 

23 minutes ago, cider head said:

Where i agree it could be done however the stewards will chuck the ''you are not allowed to film or take pictures inside a football stadium'' rule at you and get you ejected. Fans do use cameras with mostly a relaxed attitude in grounds but it will be forced a rule of NO if used on staff in their face.

City fans have been ejected from grounds in the past for doing so and Bradford City are well known for it as one of the chaps i know was chucked out for taking photos of their cheerleaders a few seasons back.

Even got sent to Aus as a punishment I heard

3 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I meant on the side of the houses. And I'm sure with the many brilliant artists in Bristol who do things like on North Street they could create something that would please most. I'd rather both Ernie and Brizzly (the bear) than neither. The thing is if you go to the club and ask for just City ideas they'll be put down for the sake of "balance". I don't like the shared ownership (despite being an occasional rugby ST holder as recently as last season) but until that changes we must embrace it or nothing will get done.

A quote from the  Supporters Trust -  Images around the new Ashton Gate Some present were uncomfortable with the inclusion of images of individuals other than those directly associated with Bristol City

http://bristolcitysupporters.org/minutes-september-2014/

That uncomfortable sentiment is shared by others behind the mentioned ideas.

Not sure why vile chanting should be acceptable at Ashton Gate and it has nothing to do with families or women attending games, I am all up for witty banter etc but is calling the Gas managers mother a whore acceptable , I z **** off b******s yer a  ***t,  get my drift it ain't big or clever time to grow up or we will lose the new fan base the success of last season has gained!!

1 hour ago, shelts said:

Not sure why vile chanting should be acceptable at Ashton Gate and it has nothing to do with families or women attending games, I am all up for witty banter etc but is calling the Gas managers mother a whore acceptable , I z **** off b******s yer a  ***t,  get my drift it ain't big or clever time to grow up or we will lose the new fan base the success of last season has gained!!

Sorry but that's the part and parcel of football. Some fans are so passionate that they overreact at a decision, a tackle or a goal. I bet if they seen themselves they wouldn't realise it's them doing it! I heard a lot of this as a kid but I knew it was bad language so never used it.

Mostly common sense. Nothing more to it!

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Sorry but that's the part and parcel of football. Some fans are so passionate that they overreact at a decision, a tackle or a goal. I bet if they seen themselves they wouldn't realise it's them doing it! I heard a lot of this as a kid but I knew it was bad language so never used it.

Mostly common sense. Nothing more to it!

Where else would that kind of behaviour be accepted, its offensive to the vast majority of fans and just sums up society today and it's standards. I care passionately about Bristol City but it's only a game right?!

9 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

As a shared stadium, perhaps Ernie on one side and an angry bear on the other both looking mean as &^%$

I don't think the club own these 2 walls, Obviously you need to speak to the house owners. I think the one of the left use to have a big advertising board on it at one stage. Might have a bit of luck, no harm in asking. 

13 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

I don't think the club own these 2 walls, Obviously you need to speak to the house owners. I think the one of the left use to have a big advertising board on it at one stage. Might have a bit of luck, no harm in asking. 

You wouldn't wanna know who has ties with the one on the right.....:shocking:

On 25/11/2015, 11:55:33, cider head said:

Yep we are giving it a good go but there was an obvious attempt to dilute, annoy or distract the Atmosphere in the Atyeo by those stewards who don't seem to get that it is a ''Relaxed Attitude'' stand and maybe home and away fans had even swapped sides?.

Below many points emailed to me and i have read on various media forms by people i don't doubt.  (yes i also heard and seen a fair bit of this about the pre match briefing as i was putting flags up from 9am and it raised my eyebrows for sure). I will say for a few seasons and this season so far the stewards have been really good but saturday we returned to the dark days of them and us and it is just not healthy for anyone and nothing will change if people can't work together club/bs/fans and all.

A very unprofessional showing by safe and sound on Saturday and needs addressing.

Steward 201 saying that there was 'obviously' a higher risk due to paris incident' when asked about these new rules that werent in p
lace when we were the other side of the stand with a set of stewards who took part and enjoyed friendly banter.

Stewards laughing and pointing at city fans when Hull scored which can only be described as antagonistic.

Stewards coming up in to the Atyeo every 5 minutes to have a pop at fans over what would be said as nothing and again it was antagonistic.

The fast response team positioned right in that dolman and Atyeo corner constantly dogging people up and body language and stance of their appearance in a provocative and yes antagonistic nature and the other stewards just not letting up of the most stupid of issues and were rude and not wanting to engage with fans in a helpful way and yet again came accross as antagonistic and one had a scarf around the face with what can be suggested to conceal the face, yeah it was a cold day but no other persons in the ground was doing this.

Their pre match briefing while we were putting the flags up was negative towards the fans and the words of "this is our stand not theirs" and "they can't do what they want" was used which they were up for antagonising the supporters on Saturday which they did and spoiled the atmosphere may they be reminded we are the paying customers who contribute to Bristol city who then pay wages and no it is not their stand or even the stadium it is Steve lansdowns.

The chap with the glasses leading the charge of stewards has a history of being a antagonistic to supporters from the other stands in the past and was heard saying these bastards can **** off on my watch flags and all, i feel this steward is not suited to work this type of stand and supporters which has clearly been given as a relaxed area and nothing was as bad as this the other side of the stand which FANS and CLUB/BS have commented of being success so far.

Stewards 210 moaning about gangways for 90 minutes which really were not blocked and getting the control room to zoom in on people with cameras for next to nothing. Also he was bleeting on that he was there for fans safety and if there was an emergency what would happen if the gangways was blocked but they wer not, fans were stating people would move, but he wasn't listening to anything the fans were saying and was simply rude about it and antagonistic.

Fans don't buy into the "I'm just doing my job" clap trap.

People had literally one foot in the 1.5metre wide gangway and he was telling them to move. It was pathetic. On a day that was always going to be difficult to create an atmosphere for a variety of reasons, the stewards made it near impossible.

So why if safety is a concern, do they force us out that tiny walkway rather than open those gates between the Dolman and Atyeo at full time or have they not remembered this section is no longer away fans?.

stewards.thumb.jpg.7a65c78fb1c31d1cd5f91

Not sure if it is of any use but I had two little nippers in front of me, two and three if that, stood on the seats parents were told to make them sit.

General attitude from stewards were the parents were scum and treated. spoke to them that way.

It reminded me of when the stewarding was completely over the top in the East End as the same thing happened with my friend's kid, that almost turned into fan being ejected!! over it.

6 minutes ago, Agent Atyeo said:

Not sure if it is of any use but I had two little nippers in front of me, two and three if that, stood on the seats parents were told to make them sit.

General attitude from stewards were the parents were scum and treated. spoke to them that way.

What is it with these people?  Have they had a bypass in how to interact with others?

8 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

It's a power trip, it goes to their h...................somewhere !

A power trip?  Maybe/Maybe not.  What it certainly is, is assuming the worst in people.  They see activity they think is wrong so they go after people as if it is done deliberately and to make the life of the steward as difficult as possible.

They should stand back and think, "yes, my employers and BS are killjoys for not allowing anyone to stand on a seat at any age and under any circumstances, but I can use my brain and politely point this out, apologise and indicate there is little I can do".  Said people have a groan but respect the way in which the stewards addressed them.

I just wish they would treat people like customers a bit more.  When did you last go in to Tesco and get treated like you were causing a public order offence because your child was standing on the edge of the trolley.

I have had many confrontations with stewards over the years,mainly because I will not be talked to like a piece of **** ,They have threatened to eject me from the ground on a couple of occasions but have backed down when they realize I am with a large group,they usually go for easy targets .

57 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

A power trip?  Maybe/Maybe not.  What it certainly is, is assuming the worst in people.  They see activity they think is wrong so they go after people as if it is done deliberately and to make the life of the steward as difficult as possible.

They should stand back and think, "yes, my employers and BS are killjoys for not allowing anyone to stand on a seat at any age and under any circumstances, but I can use my brain and politely point this out, apologise and indicate there is little I can do".  Said people have a groan but respect the way in which the stewards addressed them.

I just wish they would treat people like customers a bit more.  When did you last go in to Tesco and get treated like you were causing a public order offence because your child was standing on the edge of the trolley.

I guess "power trip" was a bit of a generalisation as far as stewarding goes, I guess we only remember the ones that are truely Knobs with a really bad attitude towards the human race in general,

They are obviously in the wrong job, if they worked in a shop serving the public that kind of attitude would be put down to "having a bad day" sadly in a football environment with shall we say "excitable" football fans this kind of attitude can be the catalyst for anti-social behaviour.

May i take this opportunity to thank all the stewards who go unnoticed purely because they are doing their job or if you prefer carrying out their duties in the correct manner...!

and the bar stewards !!:drunk2:

On 11/26/2015 12:46:39, ChippenhamRed said:

Am I the only one who barely even notices the stewarding on the basis that I rarely if ever have any reason to engage with them at all?  It's just not an issue in my match day experience.

. Does that make the observations of fans who were in the ground from 9am less valid?

24 minutes ago, WTMS said:

. Does that make the observations of fans who were in the ground from 9am less valid?

I think he is just presenting his own experiences. The majority of fans will not have had really bad experiences with stewards, myself included. Therefore they haven't posted on this thread so it makes the stewarding seem really bad. I don't think he's in anyway trying to invalidate others experiences just presenting his own.

38 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I think he is just presenting his own experiences. The majority of fans will not have had really bad experiences with stewards, myself included. Therefore they haven't posted on this thread so it makes the stewarding seem really bad. I don't think he's in anyway trying to invalidate others experiences just presenting his own.

Thank you - exactly this.

13 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

His experience of not being in the Atyeo, and not putting flags out at 9am, and not hearing a Steward stating " these bastards can **** off on my watch flags and all", are not relevant unless he is highlighting that fans being called "bastards" should be wholly unacceptable, and condemned in all stands including the Atyeo. That was not a part of the ;post. 

The unfortunate thing is that this type of behavior detracts from the good work Stewards do. Stewards in the Eastend in the past helped put flags out, showed interest in what was being done, where affable, in particular the Senior Scottish steward was a credit to BCFC now another stance is being taken to fans who want to make Ashton Gate a noisier and more colourful stadium, win. lose or draw ... The attitude could damage support of the club.

Singing off the proverbial it is not. 

1 hour ago, WTMS said:

His experience of not being in the Atyeo, and not putting flags out at 9am, and not hearing a Steward stating " these bastards can **** off on my watch flags and all", are not relevant unless he is highlighting that fans being called "bastards" should be wholly unacceptable, and condemned in all stands including the Atyeo. That was not a part of the ;post. 

The unfortunate thing is that this type of behavior detracts from the good work Stewards do. Stewards in the Eastend in the past helped put flags out, showed interest in what was being done, where affable, in particular the Senior Scottish steward was a credit to BCFC now another stance is being taken to fans who want to make Ashton Gate a noisier and more colourful stadium, win. lose or draw ... The attitude could damage support of the club.

I think any steward abusing anyone is unacceptable and goes without saying from pretty much anyone. 

1 hour ago, WTMS said:

Has this been reported to the club officially? If so, I`d like to hear their response.

Archived