IGNORED

No loans coming in (MERGED)

Tomo

I think the chaos of this season, which gives no sign of ending, shows appalling lack of planning; I only wish I could share other people's optimism that the January window will put everything right. I am now beginning to worry about next summer too if the worst happens and we return to League 1.

The club are in danger of appearing the most amateur run outfit in the league.

They have nowhere to hide in January.

12 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I think the chaos of this season, which gives no sign of ending, shows appalling lack of planning; I only wish I could share other people's optimism that the January window will put everything right. I am now beginning to worry about next summer too if the worst happens and we return to League 1.

The club are in danger of appearing the most amateur run outfit in the league.

They have nowhere to hide in January.

Hardly chaos - we have steadily improved. I think Bolton might be less well run as they are in administration, we are on course to stay up. Most objective observers have said the low league position is a bit unfair. We have certainly suffered from some awful refs decisions. Dont really need the transfer window to put things right as such, it would certainly help to get some more depth in the squad and make sure we continue to improve. Other than that your post is really accurate  -  we're an embarassment and we're dooomed we're dooooomed!!!!! 

8 hours ago, redfieldred said:

We have certainly suffered from some awful refs decisions.

We have benefited from a few too, such as the nailed-on penalty against Wolves in injury time.  I think these things even themselves out, and I don't think we have any cause to feel particularly aggrieved about referee decisions.

9 hours ago, dunsteral said:

robinson, cox, more, bennett  -  4 not including baker

Struggling to see your point, both Baker and Robinson are here for the whole season.

The other threes' loans end in mid January. 

I'd amazed if we didn't look to keep Bennett for longer, the other two will in all probability go back and be replaced by either permanent signings or more loans.

54 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

We have benefited from a few too, such as the nailed-on penalty against Wolves in injury time.  I think these things even themselves out, and I don't think we have any cause to feel particularly aggrieved about referee decisions.

How was that a nailed on penalty, no one touched the bloke, never a pen

9 hours ago, redfieldred said:

Hardly chaos - we have steadily improved. I think Bolton might be less well run as they are in administration, we are on course to stay up. Most objective observers have said the low league position is a bit unfair. We have certainly suffered from some awful refs decisions. Dont really need the transfer window to put things right as such, it would certainly help to get some more depth in the squad and make sure we continue to improve. Other than that your post is really accurate  -  we're an embarassment and we're dooomed we're dooooomed!!!!! 

I don't think Bolton are in administration. And this week their main creditor offered to write off pretty much their entire debt, subject to takeover. Things looking rosy for them. 

12 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

He's not first choice no, but he has appeared in Arsenals last 4 premier league games, impressing in most of them. You're deluded if you think we can attract players anywhere near his calibre.

Presumably you're aware that Danny Rose played nine times for Spurs, scoring one goal, before coming to us on loan?

Our Loans

Elliott Bennett - (Over 24) Currently 3 months, can be extended in January
Nathan Baker  - (Over 24) Season Long Loan
Callum Robinson - (Under 24) Season Long Loan
Liam Moore  - (Under 24) Currently 3 months, can be extended in January
Ben Hamer - (Over 24) - Was 3 month loan, returned to parent club
Simon Cox - (Over 24) - Currently 3 months, can be extended in January

A club can sign a maximum of 4 long term loans in one season (5 months or more) . A club  may only loan 3 players from one club at any time, unless that club has a parent or feeder agreement. During any reason a club can loan a maximum of 4 players who are under the age of 24, and a maximum of 4 players over the age of 24. A maximum of 5 loan players can be part of a match day squad and a club can only permit 8 loans in a full season. A club can file for an additional loan if they have no suitable (named in a match day squad and over the age of 17) replacement providing the position is a goalkeeper, this will be granted for 7 days and can be renewed a maximum of 4 times, this option is only allowed to clubs who have at least 2 goalkeepers registered on August 31st and January 31st and both of the registered goalkeepers must be unavailable for selection.

Should a loan be converted to a full transfer during a full domestic season, the loan space the player used, will again become available.

Those are the FA rulings on loans.

From this, it basically says we can only get an emergency keeper loan if O'Leary and Fielding are unavailable, we can only get a player 24 and older on loan, if we sign Baker or Elliott permanently. We have only 2 loans available and these must be under 24yo players. They will be here for a maximum of 3 months if we extend, Moore, Cox or Bennett. Therefore I expect any loans to be made towards the end of January, so it brings us as close to the end of the season as possible. This doesn't put us in a strong position loan signings wise, so we will need to look at younger players from Premier League sides, as unless we sign Baker or Bennett we can't actually sign anyone else 24yo or elder on loan this season. There goes any chance of bringing in an experienced midfielder or striker on loan that many fans were demanding. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Presumably you're aware that Danny Rose played nine times for Spurs, scoring one goal, before coming to us on loan?

To be honest I agree with @CITYAREREDANDWHITE Danny Rose was 20 and basically a youth player when he came to us even if he did have first team experience. Campbell is 23 an established international, who has been on loan to the likes of Champions League performers, Olympiacos and Villarreal as well as Real Betis. If Wenger does send him out on loan I wager it will be someone a bit better than us

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I get what you're saying and in terms of buying a player I'd go for Kevin Nolan in midfield.

And why don't we tell Arsenal we could give Joel Campbell a proper run of games on loan?

Thomas Sorensen may also like a stay in the West Country to help Frankie and Max - after all it would be a nice break from the Potteries!

I think we will have more chance of signing Jesse Lingard on loan..... 

5 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Yes but I am also aware that Joel Campbell is very much part of the first team at Arsenal. No chance mate, just get over it.

I don't need to 'get over' anything. Just having a debate. 

Seems not everyone agrees with you, interesting views here:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/23/why-joel-campbell-has-no-future-at-arsenal-and-will-leave-in-the-transfer-window-5518410/

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't need to 'get over' anything. Just having a debate. 

Seems not everyone agrees with you, interesting views here:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/23/why-joel-campbell-has-no-future-at-arsenal-and-will-leave-in-the-transfer-window-5518410/

At the moment he is part of the first time, and should he move in will be for tens of millions. End of really

3 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

At the moment he is part of the first time, and should he move in will be for tens of millions. End of really

'End of' is right up there with the most annoying things to post on here. It suggests you think you are right and won't consider any other opinion.

Arsensal fans are far from convinced about him. Mixed bag of responses on their 44 page thread about him on their forum. Yep some say give him time, but another noted he has '5 assists in the last 6 seasons.'

Other views are that he is '4th or 5th choice in his position, just filling in while others recover from injury.'

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/joel-campbell-problem-or-solution.27681/page-44

So, despite your 'end of' - perhaps some of those who watch him regularly don't think he is the answer at premier league level? So, a loan at a championship club may help him develop.

I'd offer the view that Arsenal fans know more about him than you...

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

'End of' is right up there with the most annoying things to post on here. It suggests you think you are right and won't consider any other opinion.

Arsensal fans are far from convinced about him. Mixed bag of responses on their 44 page thread about him on their forum. Yep some say give him time, but another noted he has '5 assists in the last 6 seasons.'

Other views are that he is '4th or 5th choice in his position, just filling in while others recover from injury.'

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/joel-campbell-problem-or-solution.27681/page-44

So, despite your 'end of' - perhaps some of those who watch him regularly don't think he is the answer at premier league level? So, a loan at a championship club may help him develop.

He will be snapped up by a mid table Prem team like Everton or Swansea if he doesn't make it at Arsenal.

He'd never drop down to a championship team, especially one near the bottom.

13 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

We have had far more against than for, Bolton it was 2 in a game, could have cost us 3 points probably cost us 2, Birmingham penalty was when it was 2-1 with us coming back into the match, Killed the game and was possibly the worst penalty decision I've ever seen. 

44 minutes ago, Selred said:

He will be snapped up by a mid table Prem team like Everton or Swansea if he doesn't make it at Arsenal.

He'd never drop down to a championship team, especially one near the bottom.

And you know this from his 4 premier league appearances?

I'm guessing but you have probably only seen him play during the 10 mins of highlights on Match of the Day? So you probably saw his glaring miss at West Brom...

I was just highlighting an unknown quantity who may have potential and who may benefit from a loan move...

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm guessing but you have probably only seen him play during the 10 mins of highlights on Match of the Day? So you probably saw his glaring miss at West Brom...

I was just highlighting an unknown quantity who may have potential and who may benefit from a loan move...

I know this from watching him be one of the stand out players in the World Cup, he looked terrific.

He is not an unknown quantity. He's played and scored in the Champions League against Man Utd for Olympiakos, and was at Villarreal last season.

Stop thinking he's a unknown kid who only you've heard of. He's played 55 international games for god sakes. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Do you think it's the fans that make the descissions. Arsene clearly sees him as a first team player. He's been involved this season, despite an early season injury. For a start, he's in their 25 man squad. He's not an unproven player, as highlighted by others. He's just as first team as the likes of 'The Ox'. Once again, there really should be no debate on this as he's not going to, not never was going to leave Arsenal to a championship club. 

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

I know this from watching him be one of the stand out players in the World Cup, he looked terrific.

He is not an unknown quantity. He's played and scored in the Champions League against Man Utd for Olympiakos, and was at Villarreal last season.

Stop thinking he's a unknown kid who only you've heard of. He's played 55 international games for god sakes. 

Apologies, I meant he is an unknown quantity at premier league level in this country (4 appearances). Certainly don't think I'm the only one who's heard of him. Not sure where you got that from.

A 'stand out' player at the last World Cup? Well, he wasn't voted as the 'best young player' of the tournament (and wasn't even nominated on the short list), he wasn't voted in the tournament's 'dream team' or 'all star team' and he wasn't on the list of the top ten players in terms of contributions to the games/minutes they played...

8 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Do you think it's the fans that make the descissions. Arsene clearly sees him as a first team player. He's been involved this season, despite an early season injury. For a start, he's in their 25 man squad. He's not an unproven player, as highlighted by others. He's just as first team as the likes of 'The Ox'. Once again, there really should be no debate on this as he's not going to, not never was going to leave Arsenal to a championship club. 

Fair enough, The Ox has only made 84 more premier league appearances than him....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies, I meant he is an unknown quantity at premier league level in this country (4 appearances). Certainly don't think I'm the only one who's heard of him. Not sure where you got that from.

A 'stand out' player at the last World Cup? Well, he wasn't voted as the 'best young player' of the tournament (and wasn't even nominated on the short list), he wasn't voted in the tournament's 'dream team' or 'all star team' and he wasn't on the list of the top ten players in terms of contributions to the games/minutes they played...

You're embarrassing yourself with your delusion views. If you don't think he stood out in the World Cup, you're very different to most football experts. He's played many games at the top levels of European leagues. 

3 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

You're embarrassing yourself with your delusion views. If you don't think he stood out in the World Cup, you're very different to most football experts. He's played many games at the top levels of European leagues. 

Gonna stop this now but enjoyed the debate, so cheers for that. 

By the way, don't think I'm embarrassing myself by having an opinion.

So, I'm different to 'most football experts' who think 'he stood out at the world cup'?

No mentions for him in these comprehensive summaries of the 'experts'' views of the World Cup...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28256147 (Scroll down, loads of views...and they even mention one of his team mates)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28281066

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Now he's starting to sound quite poor, and a bit of a risk. Probably just sit on our bench for 3 months. Not sure I want him anyway......

3 minutes ago, hortonred said:

Well what a surprise.Our muddled and confused approach to strengthening the squad continues.Let's hope Burt awakes from his coma and SL finds a few quid by January when other clubs in the battle at the wrong eng of the league will surely be getting busy in getting players.

Jan will be massive for us, I can see us being relegated if we fail to address the midfield problem.

Archived