IGNORED

No loans coming in (MERGED)

Tomo

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Jan will be massive for us, I can see us being relegated if we fail to address the midfield problem.

Strengthening the midfield is a priority but we could sign the ideal player only for him to break his leg in his first match. We can't rely on one signing being our saviour.

What's at least equally important to a new midfield general is players like Joe Bryan and Freeman start to show what they're really made of - those two finding their best form consistently would be the equivalent of two top signings.

Crucially, we also need the likes of Baker and Flint to stay fit, because if the defence is notably weakened a stronger midfield may not be enough to compensate.

Whilst we must strengthen - and Cotts. has made clear he realises exactly where - it's the quality of the squad as a whole which will decide our fate.

18 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

It maybe that Bryan and Freeman have reached their level _ Championship squad players.  I certainly think so in Freeman's case.

15 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I too remain worried about January.

Out of 8 signings and loans for this season, 5 have failed to make it, 2 of whom have left. Not encouraging signs for January.

It has been quite clear that Joe has suffered a dip in form- but it's a dip which many players experience which in turn leads to lack of confidence. He will prove he's more than just another squad player at this level. As for Freeman- comments about him being awful in the last game are inaccurate whilst  not good enough at this level after playing some 14 games is premature.

As we have 8 more League games between now and the transfer window opening, I fail to see how anyone can say with any certainty why Jan will make or break this season. If we're near bottom  in Jan then our season is pretty much already broken .

I prefer my glass to yours.

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

More chance of Jesus Christ I think.  Who next Moses? (Victor)

Most seem to be really 'bigging up' Joel Campbell on this thread.

He's scored TWO league goals since March 2014 and has FIVE assists in the last SIX seasons despite, according to one on here, 'playing loads of games in top European leagues.'

He's played FOUR Premier League games for Arsenal.

On Arsenal fans forums they say he is 'fourth or fifth choice in his position and is only playing because of injuries' etc etc etc

London-based journalists say he needs to go out on loan and doesn't seem to have much of a future at Arsenal.

Links to all this stuff have been posted on here but still we have more chance of getting 'Jesus Christ.'

We've taken players on loan with more than double Joel's premier league experience but hey....anyway it's Friday night, can't be bothered anymore...

54 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Most seem to be really 'bigging up' Joel Campbell on this thread.

He's scored TWO league goals since March 2014 and has FIVE assists in the last SIX seasons despite, according to one on here, 'playing loads of games in top European leagues.'

He's played FOUR Premier League games for Arsenal.

On Arsenal fans forums they say he is 'fourth or fifth choice in his position and is only playing because of injuries' etc etc etc

London-based journalists say he needs to go out on loan and doesn't seem to have much of a future at Arsenal.

Links to all this stuff have been posted on here but still we have more chance of getting 'Jesus Christ.'

We've taken players on loan with more than double Joel's premier league experience but hey....anyway it's Friday night, can't be bothered anymore...

Delusional, and he's played 4 this season, 7 before, so 11. Sorry to be pedantic. He's not coming nor will he ever or was ever possibly coming. He's in their 25 man squad, he's playing at the moment, he's likely on over 50k a week.

10 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Delusional, and he's played 4 this season, 7 before, so 11. Sorry to be pedantic. He's not coming nor will he ever or was ever possibly coming. He's in their 25 man squad, he's playing at the moment, he's likely on over 50k a week.

Fair enough, you're right. I didn't realise he'd played for Arsenal in 6 games in 2011, I thought he'd been continually shipped out on loan since he joined them.

And apparently he's on £30k a week according to this http://www.totalsportek.com/money/arsenal-player-salaries/

I thought with Arsenal's relatively low salaries (compared to some other top clubs) he'd be on a similar level to players like Callum Chambers, but £30k is obviously too tasty for us.

Cheers...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, you're right. I didn't realise he'd played for Arsenal in 6 games in 2011, I thought he'd been continually shipped out on loan since he joined them.

And apparently he's on £30k a week according to this http://www.totalsportek.com/money/arsenal-player-salaries/

I thought with Arsenal's relatively low salaries (compared to some other top clubs) he'd be on a similar level to players like Callum Chambers, but £30k is obviously too tasty for us.

Cheers...

The fact that you believe everything you read on the Internet is both concerning and hilarious. The truth is no one knows what he's on, but I'd imagine more than 50k, seeing as though he's a first team Arsenal player.

46 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

The fact that you believe everything you read on the Internet is both concerning and hilarious. The truth is no one knows what he's on, but I'd imagine more than 50k, seeing as though he's a first team Arsenal player.

I don't believe everything I read on the internet...that's why I used the words 'apparently' and 'according to this...'

I also highlighted views from journalists, pundits and Arsenal fans on this thread, just their views...didn't say they were gospel truth and must be totally believed.

You must have done some research to find out Campbell played a few times for Arsenal in 2011, funny how you believed the results of that. And he's only been in Arsenal's first team for 4 games this season. He was dropped for Kieran Gibbs, a full back, for the West Brom game. So hardly an established regular.

I only ever want to have reasoned and reasonable debates on here...but being called 'delusional' continually by yourself for highlighting the views of people much closer to the debate than you or I, and including phrases like 'End of' (as if you're right so end of debate) is quite annoying.

Over and out, enjoy your weekend..

Joel Campbell will NEVER be a championship player. He will play on a mid table prem side, a La Liga side, a Bundesliga team, a Serie A team, a Ligue 1 team, an Ajax or Anderlecht team or a MLS team before he goes to the championship. Then we'd have to beat out the likes or Boro and Derby. Opinions are fine and I'd love to have him as well but you can state it as fact, he will never be even a target for our club whilst a championship team.

19 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Joel Campbell will NEVER be a championship player. He will play on a mid table prem side, a La Liga side, a Bundesliga team, a Serie A team, a Ligue 1 team, an Ajax or Anderlecht team or a MLS team before he goes to the championship. Then we'd have to beat out the likes or Boro and Derby. Opinions are fine and I'd love to have him as well but you can state it as fact, he will never be even a target for our club whilst a championship team.

Never say never. It depends on his application, injuries, how his manager sees his career progression, etc.

If Jet can end up in up in the Championship, why not Campbell, if not permanently, at least for a loan spell?

Unlikely perhaps, but certainly not impossible.

Will he fulfill his potential at the top level of the English game? Who knows where he will be in 3 years time.

Arsene Wenger seemed mightily impressed with Jet in 2012:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jay-emmanuel-thomas-has-outstanding-quality-says-arsene-wenger-6528984.html

ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN GET OVER IT! He wasn't in their team last 2 seasons and guess where he went? Not a championship club but 2 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE clubs. Why on earth would he come here?! He's an above average prem player playing in an Arsenal team that need him due to injuries. I'll give you both my arms, legs and £50 if he comes here. 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Never say never. It depends on his application, injuries, how his manager sees his career progression, etc.

If Jet can end up in up in the Championship, why not Campbell, if not permanently, at least for a loan spell?

Unlikely perhaps, but certainly not impossible.

Will he fulfill his potential at the top level of the English game? Who knows where he will be in 3 years time.

Arsene Wenger seemed mightily impressed with Jet in 2012:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jay-emmanuel-thomas-has-outstanding-quality-says-arsene-wenger-6528984.html

I get your point. I always say never say never as well. Just in this instance, I can't(so yes it's an opinion) see it ever happening. He's had loan spells in Greece and Spain and due to the money factor, I just don't see him dropping to any second division. He's a very talented player who I think has struggled with not playing every week on a side probably too good for him. See him as a La Liga player in the future or maybe even the MLS as they've attracted some decent younger players from countries around the US. 

Archived