IGNORED

Cotts whinging again

Major Isewater

I like Cotts and want him to succeed but he is rattling on again about how unfair the Championship is for little Bristol City .

Please Steve , stop making excuses for failure .

If we can't compete let's throw the towel in shall we ? 

City need to be doing ' less QPR ' and more ' Southampton ' to survive at this level so we should concentrate on developing our own , scouting abroad and picking up lower league stars that can improve .

We can do it but need to be smart and please , please , please stop giving the team a reason to fail .

28 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I like Cotts and want him to succeed but he is rattling on again about how unfair the Championship is for little Bristol City .

Please Steve , stop making excuses for failure .

If we can't compete let's throw the towel in shall we ? 

City need to be doing ' less QPR ' and more ' Southampton ' to survive at this level so we should concentrate on developing our own , scouting abroad and picking up lower league stars that can improve .

We can do it but need to be smart and please , please , please stop giving the team a reason to fail .

Where has he been moaning? if this is true we really need to move the bloke on, this is getting really depressing....What is the bloody point in being in the championship with this attitude? 

Just now, 'keepuplino' said:

Where has he been moaning? if this is true we really need to move the bloke on, this is getting really depressing....What is the bloody point in being in the championship with this attitude? 

We need to remove you from the forum....... your as bad as KITR towards SC and Robbored towards GJ......

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

So you guy's think his comments are reasonable... All we've had all season is bloody excuses..Excuses on why we haven't made signings, excuses on why we're in a relegation battle, excuses on how we don't deserve to be where we are, to be quite frank i'm getting slightly bored of it now!!

I don't remember him moaning about anything during our little unbeaten run recently (or particularly moaning in general, VFTD is spot on). You were unseasonably quiet too. You don't even know what he's said and you're jumping on the bandwagon to chastise him. It is pathetic.

1 minute ago, 'keepuplino' said:

"City's manager will look to bolster his squad in January, but the mid-season window seldom offers value for money and Cotterill's transfer activityicon1.png will once again be defined by budgetary considerations."

Please tell me what those multiple 9 million bids were all about then? i'm not buying his excuses... 

See SL and his marquee signings.......

16 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Please tell me what those multiple 9 million bids were all about then? i'm not buying his excuses... 

You're blaming him for a line written by Andy Stockhausen??? You are too much.

When someone says something in a story, it's surrounded by quotes, or when it's reported speech it's attributed.

• Admin
13 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Ok we all know not realistically - but the £9m could have been £1m a year for the next 9 years?

£1m now and £8m if City get to the Prem ?

Just read full interview, and I agree it is worrying.

Moreover he says we are working to a budget and yet we bid £8/9m and this fact alone will make it difficult in January as agents will up the price of those we are interested in. Further, he makes no reference to the odd position we have been in with the players who have arrived - 2 leaving and 1 consigned to the u21s.  He makes no reference to other managers' criticism of our formation, or to fans concern about the use of substitutes. 

I have felt for months now that it is the manager who needs to up his game.  Does anyone still seriously believe that a new face would not get more out of our squad?

I agree that the manager may not be wholly to blame but the owner and Board won't go and therefore the manager will carry the can.  I still believe that this team is better than its current position.  There is nothing to suggest dissension in the squad.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Just read full interview, and I agree it is worrying.

Moreover he says we are working to a budget and yet we bid £8/9m and this fact alone will make it difficult in January as agents will up the price of those we are interested in. Further, he makes no reference to the odd position we have been in with the players who have arrived - 2 leaving and 1 consigned to the u21s.  He makes no reference to other managers' criticism of our formation, or to fans concern about the use of substitutes. 

I have felt for months now that it is the manager who needs to up his game.  Does anyone still seriously believe that a new face would not get more out of our squad?

I agree that the manager may not be wholly to blame but the owner and Board won't go and therefore the manager will carry the can.  I still believe that this team is better than its current position.  There is nothing to suggest dissension in the squad.

I believe the issue is much more to do with the quality of the squad itself, and its ability to compete at Championship level, than Cotterill's ability to get the most out of it.  When you consider that 10 of the side that finished the game vs Hull (with all their former Premier League players) were in our League One side last season - and that we drew that game - I don't believe Cotterill is doing a bad job with what he has got.

The more pertinent question is how much blame Cotterill has to take for failing to develop the squad in the summer.

So to answer your question, no I'm far from convinced a new face would get more out of the squad as it stands.

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Sorry but I don't see any whinging here?

This is just a thread for the boo boys to have another go. 

Agreed - just relaying facts

Sadly this is what the league has become, but then saying that we are not the only side without the parachute payments - so we need to make sure we are top end of that mini league

2 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Isn't it funny how keepuplino, KITR & Harry constantly post after we lose a game......... 

Hi Tetbury. What can I say, I didn't realise I had a stalker? 

To put the record straight, I've posted a mere 20 times since the beginning of November, so I wouldn't quote me as posting 'constantly' after we lose games. 

Those 20 posts have been mostly about defending Marlon Pack, a couple about Skuse, a few about the atmosphere at games and a couple about other managers (Bruce & Dean Smith). 

I can't seem to find my "constant" posts when we lose? If anything, my content has been about trying to galvanise support for a much maligned player and trying to galvanise support in the stands. 

Please can you show me the topics in which I've "constantly" been posting when we lose.  Challenge set.........

40 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I believe the issue is much more to do with the quality of the squad itself, and its ability to compete at Championship level, than Cotterill's ability to get the most out of it.  When you consider that 10 of the side that finished the game vs Hull (with all their former Premier League players) were in our League One side last season - and that we drew that game - I don't believe Cotterill is doing a bad job with what he has got.

The more pertinent question is how much blame Cotterill has to take for failing to develop the squad in the summer.

So to answer your question, no I'm far from convinced a new face would get more out of the squad as it stands.

My worry is that SC himself can't draw the kind of players in say a Pearson could, we don't know what happened in the summer BUT it could have been a major factor.

8 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

My worry is that SC himself can't draw the kind of players in say a Pearson could, we don't know what happened in the summer BUT it could have been a major factor.

Pearson was being depicted  last season on here, variously as a complete "nutter", "disgrace" and obviously "unhinged". Short memories.

Archived