IGNORED

Burns & Reid

ORANGE500

36 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

I personally don't think there good enough as cover let alone to start. Shows how far backwards we've gone in just a few months. 

I thought that before about Reid but he has impressed when we I have seen him this season and deserves a start instead of the terrible Freeman.

52 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Why is SC so reluctant to play Burns & Reid  the team needs more pace and

Creativity these two seem a better option than many of the ever present starting 11, until January at least. Something needs to change team is looking stale and out of ideas.

IMO they are not playing because they are not good enough for the first team and we have better options.

They get a lot of attention because they are academy products but IMO if they were going to break into the first team and streak a claim they would have done it 2 year ago, I don't think they will be anything other than benchers for us at best unless they really find some form through seriously hard work.

9 minutes ago, Pezo said:

IMO they are not playing because they are not good enough for the first team and we have better options.

They get a lot of attention because they are academy products but IMO if they were going to break into the first team and streak a claim they would have done it 2 year ago, I don't think they will be anything other than benchers for us at best unless they really find some form through seriously hard work.

Nonsense.

Bottom line is Reid has been the most exciting player I've seen (bar Kodjia) and a rare bright spark this season so far, looked like he was going to create something every time he had the ball and for me should be pretty disappointed he lost his place.

On current form should definitley be given a run out.

4 minutes ago, otib118 said:

How can they find form if never given the chance to make an impression? 

Were not the people that they need to make an impression on and the person they need to make an impression on does see them all the time to make an impression.

I cant remember many threads like this since we lost to Forest, I guess the real question is why do these threads come up when we lose but disappear when we don't.

It's very easy for us to clamour for them to play based on watching them in games but we don't see them train. SC played Bryan all season last season, Williams too, loanees like Saville.. He's not scared to play young guys, it's just a case of them earning their game time I'm sure.

i'd love to see all 3 starting but there's probably improvement needed first.

35 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Utter garbage. Do you think before you post?

54 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Reid Did break into the first team 2 year ago, he played 24 league games in 2013-14. He's clearly a better option than Freeman right now too. I think anyone who can't see that must be thinking of the Freeman of last year or are blinded by his hair

15 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Utter garbage. Do you think before you post?

Well fountain of all that is right what was i supposed to think before i wrote?

You have clearly thought and articulated your point in your post, its got all the quality arguments required of a primary school debate club.

The way this is supposed to work is you tell me what makes them better than what we have in the first team and I will say why I think they are not.

This is a forum for discussion not just dismissal.

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Well fountain of all that is right what was i supposed to think before i wrote?

You have clearly thought and articulated your point in your post, its got all the quality arguments required of a primary school debate club.

The way this is supposed to work is you tell me what makes them better than what we have in the first team and I will say why I think they are not.

This is a forum for discussion not just dismissal.

So what are the better options at the moment?

3 minutes ago, Super said:

So what are the better options at the moment?

I think Freeman is a wiser more experienced head to have in the situation we are in.

If we are going to change anything in our midfield i would change Pack, no problem with him i just dont think he a first teamer at this level.

We have all seen what Freeman can do so we know he can do it but there others that lack ability.

Its no surprise to me that the 2 that were picked by the OP were the academy players, why didnt the OP say Reid and Cox or Burns and Wilbreham. We all want our academy players to do well but IMO there are better options to both.

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I think Freeman is a wiser more experienced head to have in the situation we are in.

If we are going to change anything in our midfield i would change Pack, no problem with him i just dont think he a first teamer at this level.

We have all seen what Freeman can do so we know he can do it but there others that lack ability.

Its no surprise to me that the 2 that were picked by the OP were the academy players, why didnt the OP say Reid and Cox or Burns and Wilbreham. We all want our academy players to do well but IMO there are better options to both.

How is Freeman either wiser or more experienced than Reid? Reid has played in the championship before this season whereas Freeman hasn't. Reid is the better option right now it's clear to see. Freeman has been the worst player that hasn't been dropped.

Drop Pack but not Freeman? That to me makes no sense whatsoever. Pack and Smith are fine. Could we improve on them with transfers? Yes but as of now we have no cover for them. 

Freeman on the other hand plays 90 minutes most matches and does nothing for us on the goal scoring side of the pitch. We have Cox and Reid who could both play that spot and yet neither can get more than 10 minutes at a time. We have the ability to drop Freeman and not be worse off talent wise. He's the real baffling one to me as SC has dropped others this season who consistently under performed in Bryan and Williams. Del came back in because of injury to Baker then took his chance at WB. So why Freeman continues to start is beyond me. 

All this talk of a small squad but we don't rotate even with what we've got. Why can't Wilbs start on the odd match? Why can't Joe get a half hour to show again especially down 2 or 3? Same with Bobby. Why isn't Liam Moore coming on and pushing Ayling wide for 20 minutes? Sure our options are limited but they aren't non existent. 

One must acknowledge that there is a real possibility that Reid, Burns and even Bryan may not have a future career at Bristol City.

If that proves to be the case, it will be very sad that the three best youngsters we've had in a long time will be moving on to further their football career.

So many questions are out there about their development.

Was it realistic to expect a relatively inexperienced Bryan to be an all action, stamina busting wing back so early in his career, without running a real risk of him "blowing up"? And as that has happened, where does he fit in now?

Bobbie Reid has, to me, always appeared talented enough, so it is strange that he was shipped out last season when he could easily have made a dozen or so appearances as sub instead of bringing in Saville for example?

Wes Burns showed two years ago in the Championship an exciting raw talent as an impact sub. Again, like Reid, he could have made sub appearances up front with Wilbs to talk him and coach him in a successful team.

But will we ever see them as first choice City players if they never get a chance?

Is Cotterill one who speaks with forked tongue, saying that has given youth it's chance while managing other clubs, yet does not do so enough here?

It's not as if the current first team are setting the world alight. In fact, I would say that those who are " blocking" the route to regular first team places at City are not performing anywhere near what we need to cement our membership in the Championship.

So an ideal time to try the trio again? Or ignore them until they are shown the exit door while we sink back down?

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

How is Freeman either wiser or more experienced than Reid? Reid has played in the championship before this season whereas Freeman hasn't. Reid is the better option right now it's clear to see. Freeman has been the worst player that hasn't been dropped.

This is what pezo said about reid on a previous freeman and jet thread.

in which he suggested Jet would have prevented us from witnessing some great cameos from Bobby had jet still been with us. A comment i agree with by the way, nothing against Jet by the way.

However, now  7 weeks on and having no further opportunities, bobby isnt good enough and doesnt work hard enough.

As for pezo if he talks about the sports bar , the architects ability to set a spec for the new stand, academy players, comparing hitler to bristol rovers fans.... Reid and burns, Take your pick, most of  what he posts is attention seeking imo.

his memory is also letting him down these days.

I think he would have filled in nicely for Freeman in his absence - we would have missed those fantastic performances from Reid and by now I think he would be assuming the same position he is in at QPR.

For him QPR represent a team with a better opportunity to get to the prem and a club willing to give him more money - so bench here or bench there.

This maybe dull but we need to focus on defending - going forward is not our problem.

7 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

This is what pezo said about reid on a previous freeman and jet thread.

in which he suggested Jet would have prevented us from witnessing some great cameos from Bobby had jet still been with us. A comment i agree with by the way, nothing against Jet by the way.

However, now  7 weeks on and having no further opportunities, bobby isnt good enough and doesnt work hard enough.

As for pezo if he talks about the sports bar , the architects ability to set a spec for the new stand, academy players, comparing hitler to bristol rovers fans.... Reid and burns, Take your pick, most of  what he posts is attention seeking imo.

his memory is also letting him down these days.

I think he would have filled in nicely for Freeman in his absence - we would have missed those fantastic performances from Reid and by now I think he would be assuming the same position he is in at QPR.

For him QPR represent a team with a better opportunity to get to the prem and a club willing to give him more money - so bench here or bench there.

This maybe dull but we need to focus on defending - going forward is not our problem.

So do you think that Freeman has been good enough? Reid has done so much more than Freeman whenever he's played this season.

So do you think that Freeman has been good enough? Reid has done so much more than Freeman whenever he's played this season.

Id like to see the pro zone statistical comparison including km ran between the two. The problem is Reid has played less so stats would be less beneficial. Freeman is more experienced than Reid. He's older, played more first team games. I would like to see him get more game time but I'm confident Freeman will get through his mediocre form, he's quality and we know that.

You mis understand me, I am paraphrasing Pezo who is suggesting Booby and wes don't work hard enough in training and arent good enough.

i dont want to criticise Luke, he has a lot of talent, but hasnt quite been at it since his suspension some weeks ago.

I dont think he should be dropped, i just think Bobby should never have lost his position in the team in the first place 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Id like to see the pro zone statistical comparison including km ran between the two. The problem is Reid has played less so stats would be less beneficial. Freeman is more experienced than Reid. He's older, played more first team games. I would like to see him get more game time but I'm confident Freeman will get through his mediocre form, he's quality and we know that.

I'm still not convinced by Freeman in all honesty. His assist record was great last season but I think he probably got around 5 from open play the entire season which is really poor considering the entire formation and style of play is built for that position.  He has this awful trait of holding onto the ball until it's too late or running into other peoples space and he probably scuppers a few attacks each game by doing this. You can't argue with his work rate and desire to get on the ball even if he's having a stinker but if he can realise that shifting the ball first or second time can work then he could become a very very good player in thi division. But Bobby Reid's style of shifting the ball quickly would suit us so much more especially with 2 mobile strikers. He needs to start behind the 2 strikers asap.

I'm still not convinced by Freeman in all honesty. His assist record was great last season but I think he probably got around 5 from open play the entire season which is really poor considering the entire formation and style of play is built for that position.  He has this awful trait of holding onto the ball until it's too late or running into other peoples space and he probably scuppers a few attacks each game by doing this. You can't argue with his work rate and desire to get on the ball even if he's having a stinker but if he can realise that shifting the ball first or second time can work then he could become a very very good player in thi division. But Bobby Reid's style of shifting the ball quickly would suit us so much more especially with 2 mobile strikers. He needs to start behind the 2 strikers asap.

Interesting, I wonder if those assist stats can be found. I reckon it was more than 5 from open play. 

I saw him perform absolutely fantastically at times last season, Yeovil away stands out, he was brilliant.

He's got the quality in my opinion and his delivery vs Hull looked to be getting back to where it should be. It'll break for him soon I'm sure.

I really hope they put Reid, Burns and Bryan on the field.

We then get the novelty of reading threads ripping into new players. 

Wilbraham, Pack, Freeman and Flint bashing threads are all a bit stale. Even the shelf life for Agard has passed within three games.

What we really need is turnover to keep the moaning fresh and original.

Or failing that, we could always just get behind the team we love and stuff who starts the game.

It's a tricky one because Bobby is a very good talent and has the attributes to be a good player but he often goes missing in games especially in the second half! I think it's only fair though to give him another chance, especially with Freeman's poor form. 

As for Burns, I think we're well covered in that area and he is right down the pecking order. He needs to either go out on loan or provide wonders in training. 

Archived