IGNORED

Angela Merkel

BCFC Jimmer

2 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Once again, the feelings of muslims is not the priority, the security of one's people is.  Trump was proposing a temporary ban until the Americans get a grip on the terrorist situation there. There is nothing at all wrong with that impulse, even if it wasn't delivered in a way that was polished as others might have made it.  I imagine most of the 15,000 Iranians that Carter rounded-up and expelled from the USA were lovely people, but he did what he felt he had to do for the sake of national security. 

I didn't say all muslims are terrorists, you're putting words into my mouth.

Islam is not just a religion, it's political. 

No. It's a religion and it's a tradition in some parts of the World.

You are tarring hundreds of millions of people with the brush of a small minority of nutters. 

Since 9/11, a million Americans have died from gun shots. I suggest to you, that if you live in the US there is the biggest threat to your security. 

"Bring me your tired, your hungry, your huddled masses yearning to breath free".

America was founded upon this sentiment. The day America moves away from it will be a sad day for all of us.

Trump is the true anti American here and like Farage and Le Pen will get precisely nowhere.

3 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Trump was proposing a temporary ban until the Americans get a grip on the terrorist situation there. There is nothing at all wrong with that impulse,

I didn't say all muslims are terrorists, you're putting words into my mouth.

Bigot Brother, your two statements above kind of contradict each other. 

You rightly say that not all Muslims are terrorists, yet you agree with Trumps sentiment of a temporary ban on all Muslims.  This doesn't add up at all.

Its similar to saying that we should of banned all Catholic people from England during the IRA bombings. The only reason you would make such a moronic suggestion would be if you thought all Catholic people were capable of bombing innocent people in London. 

You honestly think that if a ban did happen it would help the situation? You are essentially going to oppress millions of people which could lead to more extremism.

I'm not fan of religion in general but they are not going to go away anytime soon.  You need to be more graceful and accepting I think.  Its the only way I can see a peaceful future.  Your right wing ideologies are nothing but poison.  If you can't see that, or more likely choose to ignore it then we might as well all give up talking to you.

3 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Once again, the feelings of muslims is not the priority, the security of one's people is.

Depends if you think that by putting a blanket ban on all Muslims entering your country that they are more, or less,  likely to resent your country and lead to further ill-feeling and radicalised views of the western world?

I think it would create even more of an us versus them mentality personally. But then again I suppose that is exactly the kind of message the far right parties ('nationalist' / what ever they are) put out there and their supporters revel in it.

14 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well I don't think anyone wants to see Abu Hamzas etc here. Difference there is the government doesn't either and they take action whenever they can.  This was a petition to get the government to ban Trump. 

Of course, it's a silly idea.

Abu Hamza is still a UK citizen, if he was ever released and wanted to return to the UK do you honestly believe any UK government could prevent that? and secondly do you think that there would be such a hysterical reaction to any petition trying to prevent him?.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Abu Hamza is still a UK citizen, if he was ever released and wanted to return to the UK do you honestly believe any UK government could prevent that? and secondly do you think that there would be such a hysterical reaction to any petition trying to prevent him?.

You're comparing oranges with pears here. There were lots of "hysterical" headlines about Hamza and yes I think if there was any unlikely move for him to return to the UK a petition could raise at least as many signatures. 

I did say I didn't agree with the petition,  but I can see why Trump's views offended many people.  I think for lots of people these days, signing something that is widely shared on social media is just their way of saying to their friends "I'm against these sort of views". I'm not sure why you find it so surprising. 

16 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Yes and we allow all sorts of dangerous people to walk around our streets spouting all kinds vitriol much worse than his vitriol totally unmolested and in most cases we give them money to allow them to carry on at will, pity there isn't the same hysterical outrage about them.

Yes, but Trump is vying to become the next leader of the free (!) world. One of the most influential jobs on the planet. Therefore, it is hardly surprising a petition has garnered so much support AND incidentally there is a 'petition against the petition' I understand that has over 50,000 signatures so it works both ways...

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

You're comparing oranges with pears here. There were lots of "hysterical" headlines about Hamza and yes I think if there was any unlikely move for him to return to the UK a petition could raise at least as many signatures. 

I did say I didn't agree with the petition,  but I can see why Trump's views offended many people.  I think for lots of people these days, signing something that is widely shared on social media is just their way of saying to their friends "I'm against these sort of views". I'm not sure why you find it so surprising. 

of course his views offended loads of people the bloke is a ****, that is a given.

The surprise is the amount in such a short space of time, perhaps you're right it's this years cool thing to do, yah.

I don't agree about any Hamza petition, especially when he produces his laminated copy of his keep me out of jail note from Corbyn.

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, but Trump is vying to become the next leader of the free (!) world. One of the most influential jobs on the planet. Therefore, it is hardly surprising a petition has garnered so much support AND incidentally there is a 'petition against the petition' I understand that has over 50,000 signatures so it works both ways...

it's pathetic though, follow this through to it's illogical conclusion, the job one of the most influential on the planet, well the Americans voted for G W Bush twice so electing morons is a bit of a tradition in America, god help the world should it happen but what would happen if he is by some freak elected? and let's be honest it might only take another Isis atrocity (heaven forbid) to put him in with a shout and then imagine Kid trying to explain to an American electorate exactly what 'tactical' voting was all about FFS?, some of them have difficulty making an on there polling card in the first place and where G W Bush was concerned some people struggled to count and add up those votes.

I have no problem with the petition, I just feel that there are far more causes deserving of our attention than this, that is my opinion, i'm sorry it's different to yours, the world knows he's a **** and that should be enough, in a way this petition is just giving him far more publicity than he deserves.

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

of course his views offended loads of people the bloke is a ****, that is a given.

The surprise is the amount in such a short space of time, perhaps you're right it's this years cool thing to do, yah.

I don't agree about any Hamza petition, especially when he produces his laminated copy of his keep me out of jail note from Corbyn. 

I don't think you need to worry about Hamza's return Es. He's serving life without possibility of parole in the Florence Supermax facility. The only things that'll make it out of there are his hooks when he has no more use for them.

His appearance in the UK predates Corbyn's political career incidentally.  I believe it was Mrs T who initially welcomed him in.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't think you need to worry about Hamza's return Es. He's serving life without possibility of parole in the Florence Supermax facility. The only things that'll make it out of there are his hooks when he has no more use for them.

His appearance in the UK predates Corbyn's political career incidentally.  I believe it was Mrs T who initially welcomed him in.

To be fair to Mrs T she thought he was 'armless.

9 hours ago, Big Brother said:

I think I'll bow out of this thread.  Now that Merkel has her fresh injection of roughly a million healthy young men into the German economy she is attempting some sort of u-turn (or at least a pretend one), and that was the point of this thread, wasn't it?  

I am also nervous that Collis1's (the royal 'we') passive aggressive threats might lead to some sort of hassle for the mods.   I'd hate to lose my 'zero warnings' status!  :thumbsup:

I'll deffo be on other threads, the more controversial the better as I enjoy the debate and, believe it or not, I do actually learn from the experience (is it bitchy to say 'unlike some'?).  

About the Trump thing: my last word on this won't be my last word, it will be Pat Condell's words:

Sorry, but that's pathetic. You cannot make deeply controversial and offensive comments and not expect to take a bit of heat.

You do this every time you lose an argument - you play the victim and then post some rubbish YouTube video. 

Archived