IGNORED

Had a chat with Champ player earlier

cheshire_red

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I always believed the same that the players were actually glad to see him get the book from Forest

I don't know about that but could certainly believe it. Vaguely know people who were there at the time and he was like a loose cannon with his 'man-management', apparently. It does sound like he's mellowed since. Given the OP's comments, maybe it was a one-off?

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

I don't know about that but could certainly believe it. Vaguely know people who were there at the time and he was like a loose cannon with his 'man-management', apparently. It does sound like he's mellowed since. Given the OP's comments, maybe it was a one-off?

The second secret footballer book (basically accepted to be by Dave Kitson) is very damning about a manager (widely believed to be SC) during his time at Portsmouth when SC moved to Forest, picking specific examples of his man management and temper. Appreciate though it's only one side of the story but an interesting read.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The second secret footballer book (basically accepted to be by Dave Kitson) is very damning about a manager (widely believed to be SC) during his time at Portsmouth when SC moved to Forest, picking specific examples of his man management and temper. Appreciate though it's only one side of the story but an interesting read.

You could tell he's got a temper from his radio Bristol interviews!! 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Probably should have directed that anger at himself for attempting to play Tal Ben-Haim as a marauding left-back when he brought them to AG.

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Probably should have directed that anger at himself for attempting to play Tal Ben-Haim as a marauding left-back when he brought them to AG.

It's worth a read for that chapter alone, kindle copy should be cheap. Pretty good book overall and gives you a decent insight into what it's like being a footballer !

12 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

Didn't say much we don't know already other than one thing which I found interesting, a few of his team mates said our manager was well liked when managing his club and were sorry to see him go. Aparently got a good rep with players for supporting them but if they step out of line they are gone.

3 hours ago, spudski said:

It's my way or the high way with SC.

I can guarantee you'll meet a few players who will like playing for SC....but a majority...not a chance.

Well I am confused.

An actual player, who played for Cotterill, says he was well liked and they were sorry to see him go.

But an ITK says differently.

I really don't know who to believe..........

• Admin
11 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Well I am confused.

An actual player, who played for Cotterill, says he was well liked and they were sorry to see him go.

But an ITK says differently.

I really don't know who to believe..........

Simple answer

• The OP spoke to someone who was a team mate of someone who played with Cotts - potentially second hand information
  • Other info was from a player directly

Also it was probably not the same player = different opinions ?

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Simple answer

• The OP spoke to someone who was a team mate of someone who played with Cotts - potentially second hand information

I hate somebody at my work but in sure there is someone that likes him!!

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Simple answer

But the second post doesn't say it came from a player directly.

Yes, of course different players will have different opinions but without claiming to be an ITK myself I have heard first hand that the current players mostly like and respect the manager.

50 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yes that was when SC did a HT team talk that consisted of going around the dressing room calling each and every one of his players "a ****".

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

Simple answer

So essentially it all boils down to not everyone likes everyone else.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes that was when SC did a HT team talk that consisted of going around the dressing room calling each and every one of his players "a ****".

The bit after (I assume) Portsmouth vs Forest when SC was at Forest is also pretty interesting (!) SC allegedly went looking for Kitson after the game. Some other interesting anecdotes in there too.

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The bit after (I assume) Portsmouth vs Forest when SC was at Forest is also pretty interesting (!) SC allegedly went looking for Kitson after the game. Some other interesting anecdotes in there too.

My in-laws family member worked at Portsmouth at the time and was directly asked in the tunnel to " tell that c*** to come to my room" in reference to Kitson from Cotts. 

Gotta love Cotts passion, might not agree with every decision he makes but can't deny his drive to succeed and sheer anger at failing.

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

And SC turned up on the doorstep of a local journo whilst at Burnley who he thought had been criticising him, I believe.

Think he's mellowed now though, or maybe not following that report of him being heard 'screaming' at his players after the Rotherham game!

At least he hasn't turned up on my doorstep, yet...

5 hours ago, spudski said:

Erm...not being funny...but it is stating the blooming obvious.

Yep...probably our three best players when on form.

Yep....that's what we do  when playing....play in a way the opposition aren't used to....then easily worked out and BANG...goals galore against us.

And yes... a FEW players appreciate the contract and chance they are given by him. And yes...true...question his way and you are out the door.

I can guarantee you'll meet a few players who will like playing for SC....but a majority...not a chance.

Bloody hell, Spud

This really does come across as a real **** of a post. We've all listened to your stories about who you've spoken to ffs

I've known Chesh for a long time now (rivals forum), a gobshite or a cock waver he's not. Perhaps you could've shown him a little respect, despite the fact it contradicts your anti SC feelings

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And SC turned up on the doorstep of a local journo whilst at Burnley who he thought had been criticising him, I believe.

Think he's mellowed now though, or maybe not following that report of him being heard 'screaming' at his players after the Rotherham game!

At least he hasn't turned up on my doorstep, yet...

I'd have done more than scream at the ******s after Rotherham, I'd have hoped we all would have

I heard you'd changed your doorstep to a bamboo pit for when the inevitable knock comes :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Bloody hell, Spud

This really does come across as a real **** of a post. We've all listened to your stories about who you've spoken to ffs

I've known Chesh for a long time now (rivals forum), a gobshite or a cock waver he's not. Perhaps you could've shown him a little respect, despite the fact it contradicts your anti SC feelings

Not at all Woodsy...it wasn't a knock at the OP at all...perhaps I should have worded it better. Apologies to the OP if he thought so.

It was obvious from his comments, that certain people were going to pick up on the point, that a few players think SC is well liked in football.

Then they start believing he is well liked by all....which is not the case.

The OP has spoken to ONE player....yet if you get a consensus from many players, Scouts, managers and Agents, then you will get a better understanding of what the general feeling towards him is.

It's typical of certain OTIB members, that they hear one thing positive and then start to believe it's actually fact....which if you read the replies on here has already started to happen.

You can bet in future threads, that certain members will start saying SC is well liked, because one player aid a few like him.

I was just trying to put some balance on it, as some members pick up on the tiniest bit of 'positive' info when it comes to him being liked, and spin it into something that isn't true when it comes to a majority feeling.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Not at all Woodsy...it wasn't a knock at the OP at all...perhaps I should have worded it better. Apologies to the OP if he thought so.

It was obvious from his comments, that certain people were going to pick up on the point, that a few players think SC is well liked in football.

The OP has spoken to ONE player....yet if you get a consensus from many players, Scouts, managers and Agents, then you will get a better understanding of what the general feeling towards him is.

It's typical of certain OTIB members, that they hear one thing positive and then start to believe it's actually fact....which if you read the replies on here has already started to happen.

You can bet in future threads, that certain members will start saying SC is well liked, because one player aid a few like him.

I was just trying to put some balance on it, as some members pick up on the tiniest bit of 'positive' info when it comes to him being liked, and spin it into something that isn't true when it comes to a majority feeling.

But isn't that the same about everyone? I could give you 10 numbers of people I know, 5 will tell you I'm a top bloke, the other 5 would tell you I'm the biggest**** they've ever met

I don't see the problem in people liking the fact that a current professional has said nice things about our manager. As for believing that it's a 'fact', that's exactly what it is, unless Chesh is lying, which I don't suspect for one minute.

Why not put a full list of agents (like I give a **** what they think), scouts, players, managers that dislike the guy, that you are aware of? I know you won't / can't because that isn't the done thing, but then the anti SC brigade can lap up everything you say and they will start believing it as a 'fact'

As for future threads, when certain members do bring it up as fact, let it be. The anti SC brigade bring up the 'fact' he's hated on just about every thread, so it kinda balances it out

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

You're not putting balance at all, you just wont have it that somebody comes up with some real live evidence which contradicts your sad loathing of Cotterrill.

Are you actually a City fan. The bloke has taken us to a position we couldn't have dreamed of 2 years ago and all you do is continually make unsubstantiated derogatory comments and sly digs.

Why anybody would want to publically make comments that a person, whoever it is, isn't liked, is beyond me.

TBH its childish and ******* disgusting.

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

But isn't that the same about everyone? I could give you 10 numbers of people I know, 5 will tell you I'm a top bloke, the other 5 would tell you I'm the biggest**** they've ever met

I don't see the problem in people liking the fact that a current professional has said nice things about our manager. As for believing that it's a 'fact', that's exactly what it is, unless Chesh is lying, which I don't suspect for one minute.

Why not put a full list of agents (like I give a **** what they think), scouts, players, managers that dislike the guy, that you are aware of? I know you won't / can't because that isn't the done thing, but then the anti SC brigade can lap up everything you say and they will start believing it as a 'fact'

As for future threads, when certain members do bring it up as fact, let it be. The anti SC brigade bring up the 'fact' he's hated on just about every thread, so it kinda balances it out

I confirm that this is true...... ;)

To be honest this thread reminds me of the uproar about the book about John Lennon. Were people actually shocked that he might have actually been a complete tw*t?

What I'm trying to say is, does it really matter if some people like a person or not? As long as he does his job well :blink: that's all that matters.

5 hours ago, Lew-T said:
5 hours ago, spudski said:

Erm...not being funny...but it is stating the blooming obvious.

Yep...probably our three best players when on form.

Yep....that's what we do  when playing....play in a way the opposition aren't used to....then easily worked out and BANG...goals galore against us.

And yes... a FEW players appreciate the contract and chance they are given by him. And yes...true...question his way and you are out the door.

Mate with respect, can we lay off the bitching. The OP is only sharing information!

SC is the manager, the squad are working their socks off to put the last two bad results right. Can we ask anymore of them?

We all make mistakes, let's see what's made of them when the pressure is on. 

Then we will know how good of a manager SC is and how good the players are. In the meantime, let's just support the lads! That's the least we can do after what they've done to the club over the last 12 months or so.

Bitchy little tart aren't you spudski?!

9 minutes ago, NickJ said:

You're not putting balance at all, you just wont have it that somebody comes up with some real live evidence which contradicts your sad loathing of Cotterrill.

Are you actually a City fan. The bloke has taken us to a position we couldn't have dreamed of 2 years ago and all you do is continually make unsubstantiated derogatory comments and sly digs.

Why anybody would want to publically make comments that a person, whoever it is, isn't liked, is beyond me.

TBH its childish and ******* disgusting.

Don't be a **** mate...'real live evidence' from one player....where as I and many on here, have heard the opposite from many sources. Same evidence but more of it.

Your just looking for one thread of the tiniest amount to say he's well liked...just like I predicted some would.

Get your head out of SC's hole....and realise yes he did what he did....but in general he isn't liked. FACT....

It has a massive importance on whether players want to come and play for us, whilst SC is in charge.

Take your head out of the sand....and stop being overly dramatic.

He's probably a nice bloke socially...it's whether players want to work for him or not....so stop twisting it to fit your ridiculous love in based on last season.

BCFC is a Club...not one man....

28 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Woodsy

having not met you i don't know wether you are a top bloke or a **** but as you quoted 50% of people think you a ****

look how many people think you are ****

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

Don't be a **** mate...'real live evidence' from one player....where as I and many on here, have heard the opposite from many sources. Same evidence but more of it.

Your just looking for one thread of the tiniest amount to say he's well liked...just like I predicted some would.

Get your head out of SC's hole....and realise yes he did what he did....but in general he isn't liked. FACT....

It has a massive importance on whether players want to come and play for us, whilst SC is in charge.

Take your head out of the sand....and stop being overly dramatic.

He's probably a nice bloke socially...it's whether players want to work for him or not....so stop twisting it to fit your ridiculous love in based on last season.

BCFC is a Club...not one man....

You use the word 'fact' yet are deliberately evasive when asked to back up your 'fact'. 

'I've got sources' is wearing thin, so unless you're prepared to stick your neck on the line and put some weight behind your claims then stop posting it. 

We get that you don't like Cotterill, what you say about him not being liked may well be true, but you've stated it as fact on multiple occasions and consistently refused to back it up with any evidence when pressed, so ether give it a rest or at least back up your claims.

After all, if it's 'fact' you'll have no trouble providing some evidence to support it, otherwise surely it's just hearsay by definition.  

Archived