IGNORED

Had a chat with Champ player earlier

cheshire_red

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You use the word 'fact' yet are deliberately evasive when asked to back up your 'fact'. 

'I've got sources' is wearing thin, so unless you're prepared to stick your neck on the line and put some weight behind your claims then stop posting it. 

We get that you don't like Cotterill, what you say about him not being liked may well be true, but you've stated it as fact on multiple occasions and consistently refused to back it up with any evidence when pressed, so ether give it a rest or at least back up your claims.

After all, if it's 'fact' you'll have no trouble providing some evidence to support it, otherwise surely it's just hearsay by definition.  

I've said many times...my contacts are Agents, coach's and players....of course i'm not going to say who they are, just like the OP didn't.

If you want two people, amongst many.... GJ and JW....and I don't particularly like them either.

But they and many have told it to my face that SC isn't particularly liked in football circles.

1 hour ago, sodburyred said:

My in-laws family member worked at Portsmouth at the time and was directly asked in the tunnel to " tell that c*** to come to my room" in reference to Kitson from Cotts. 

Gotta love Cotts passion, might not agree with every decision he makes but can't deny his drive to succeed and sheer anger at failing.

I do enjoy it really, I'm mindful that the Kitson story is only from his side, would love to hear SC's!

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I've said many times...my contacts are Agents, coach's and players....of course i'm not going to say who they are, just like the OP didn't.

If you want two people, amongst many.... GJ and JW....and I don't particularly like them either.

But they and many have told it to my face that SC isn't particularly liked in football circles.

Frankly I couldn't give a stuff whether people 'like' Cotterill. It's a football club not a tea party.

The fact that the vast majority of the squad Cotterill has assembled (most of which hadn't played for him before) are still together says a lot more to me than a couple of people telling you that he's 'not liked'. 

Faultless he is not, but there's very little evidence on the pitch that his charges are not putting the effort in for him. 

25 minutes ago, spudski said:

Don't be a **** mate...'real live evidence' from one player....where as I and many on here, have heard the opposite from many sources. Same evidence but more of it.

Your just looking for one thread of the tiniest amount to say he's well liked...just like I predicted some would.

Get your head out of SC's hole....and realise yes he did what he did....but in general he isn't liked. FACT....

It has a massive importance on whether players want to come and play for us, whilst SC is in charge.

Take your head out of the sand....and stop being overly dramatic.

He's probably a nice bloke socially...it's whether players want to work for him or not....so stop twisting it to fit your ridiculous love in based on last season.

BCFC is a Club...not one man....

Well you are entitled to your opinion and mine is that you have an agenda.

Considering your comments about Cotterill just after he was appointed included classics such as

So if we do achieve staving off relegation...does anyone really believe SC is the right man to create a team that will win promotion in the future?

Lets face it...this club has ****** up again.

Now we're still in the same position going backwards with players losing interest it seems.

We've moved backwards again...at least we were moving forward before...albeit slowly.

Right now we are rudderless....regardless of todays win. There is no platform from which to build...

We are just spiralling downwards gradually

shows where you are coming from and as you were proven incorrect, "Coach", I prefer to believe what I have been told by other people.

35 minutes ago, spudski said:

Don't be a **** mate...'real live evidence' from one player....where as I and many on here, have heard the opposite from many sources. Same evidence but more of it.

Your just looking for one thread of the tiniest amount to say he's well liked...just like I predicted some would.

Get your head out of SC's hole....and realise yes he did what he did....but in general he isn't liked. FACT....

It has a massive importance on whether players want to come and play for us, whilst SC is in charge.

Take your head out of the sand....and stop being overly dramatic.

He's probably a nice bloke socially...it's whether players want to work for him or not....so stop twisting it to fit your ridiculous love in based on last season.

BCFC is a Club...not one man....

As far as I can see, you're the one twisting this thread.

20 minutes ago, spudski said:

and of course neither would have an agenda would they?

6 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

And I'm sure I've read that Kitson isn't the most popular player either, but SC hating DK isn't as much as a story, I guess

No he probably isn't, sounds a bit troublesome to manage in the book. For balance, he does say some nice things about SC in the books and that he managed an illness with his son very well.. Then they fell out about that.

Good books though. Happy to email over the kindle chapter discussing SC if anyone wants via DM. There's definitely two sides to it, I bet SC would have some entertaining anecdotes if he ever wrote a book.

The story in secret footballer about Kitson and one of his footballer mates drifting to France is pretty good too. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No he probably isn't, sounds a bit troublesome to manage in the book. For balance, he does say some nice things about SC in the books and that he managed an illness with his son very well.. Then they fell out about that.

Good books though. Happy to email over the kindle chapter discussing SC if anyone wants via DM. There's definitely two sides to it, I bet SC would have some entertaining anecdotes if he ever wrote a book.

The story in secret footballer about Kitson and one of his footballer mates drifting to France is pretty good too. 

I'd like to see that please Foggy!

Not read the books, keep thinking I'll get it, but never seem to get around to it

I can't believe that SC is either universally liked or disliked.  He's referred to the City players in a paternal way saying he see's them all as his sons (minus Wilbraham & Elliot due to age). 

I saw him and Hollohead (not everyone's cup of tea, I know) were carrying on like a pair of old bum chums after the Cardiff game.

It rings true that this player says those players who are loyal to him he is great with, I can just imagine it.

I also don't for a second believe he is universally liked, either.

Sounds fairly standard for any other human being on the face of the planet, to me.  You do get nice guys, Jurgen Klopp, Pellugrini and Roberto Martinez are a few that spring straight to mind.  But does anyone think G Johnson, Warnock, Alex Ferguson, Mourinho, Alan Pardew, Sam Allardyce, Steve Bruce or any host of others are going to be 'liked' by everyone they come into contact? I doubt it very much.

To quote our friend Robborred "who cares? zzzzzzzzzzz".

22 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I can't believe that SC is either universally liked or disliked.  He's referred to the City players in a paternal way saying he see's them all as his sons (minus Wilbraham & Elliot due to age). 

I saw him and Hollohead (not everyone's cup of tea, I know) were carrying on like a pair of old bum chums after the Cardiff game.

It rings true that this player says those players who are loyal to him he is great with, I can just imagine it.

I also don't for a second believe he is universally liked, either.

Sounds fairly standard for any other human being on the face of the planet, to me.  You do get nice guys, Jurgen Klopp, Pellugrini and Roberto Martinez are a few that spring straight to mind.  But does anyone think G Johnson, Warnock, Alex Ferguson, Mourinho, Alan Pardew, Sam Allardyce, Steve Bruce or any host of others are going to be 'liked' by everyone they come into contact? I doubt it very much.

To quote our friend Robborred "who cares? zzzzzzzzzzz".

Top post the bottom line is the squad appear to like him, it doesn't look as though he has lost the dressing room, which is what usually happens.

and on the RR tack I suppose if you stick to your guns eventually your 'machinations' will come true, however long that it actually takes and then we will get the 'I told you I was right' totally ignoring that is the life of a professional football manager and then the next future failure will be employed, some will love him, some will hate him, some will say his style of play is dull, others will say they can see improvement, some will say he talks nonsense others will say that he is far to intelligent for us 'pleb' fans to understand because we do not occupy that high a plain of football knowledge.

But most fans just want to be entertained and see us slowly but surely improve and compete.

53 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I do enjoy it really, I'm mindful that the Kitson story is only from his side, would love to hear SC's!

I happen to think SC probably summed Kitson up bang on the money during that incident. That DK would allegedly publish details of that alleged incident smacks of prima donna and downright hypocrisy (how'd he address referees, for example).

Is it just me or do all the anti - SC posters on here try and stick the knife in on every thread whether it`s about the bloke or not? I`m waiting for one on the stadium thread saying the West Stand would have been finished a month ago if it wasn`t for SC and the half time queues in the Dolman are his fault as well. I suspect he`s also to blame for the crappy selection of matches being televised in the cup third round and is directly responsible for the parking problems around AG.

Say what you like on a relevant thread, I would expect nothing else, but keep your opinions of him off others which are principally to do with other subjects. Can`t you see you just ruin the enjoyment of others reading the topics on here with your constant sniping. Someone even started bitching about him on a thread discussing whether JK might be injured or burnt out FFS. You don`t see all the SC supporters posting their love for him on irrelevant threads.

Just for the record, whilst SC is the BCFC manager he has my full support but should the board decide that is time to replace him they, and the new manager, will receive it also. I was not in favour of his appointment originally, and still think he has his faults, but as long as he is in the job I will back him and the team.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Well you are entitled to your opinion and mine is that you have an agenda.

Considering your comments about Cotterill just after he was appointed included classics such as

So if we do achieve staving off relegation...does anyone really believe SC is the right man to create a team that will win promotion in the future?

Lets face it...this club has ****** up again.

Now we're still in the same position going backwards with players losing interest it seems.

We've moved backwards again...at least we were moving forward before...albeit slowly.

Right now we are rudderless....regardless of todays win. There is no platform from which to build...

We are just spiralling downwards gradually

shows where you are coming from and as you were proven incorrect, "Coach", I prefer to believe what I have been told by other people.

Was there a name change as well or is that my imagination?

Cotts strikes me as the kind of manager who is loved like a father when winning but when losing will get on your back... Sometimes too much in the eyes of the players. Fact is he hates losing.

It's not necessarily a bad thing... Do you think sir Alex would be praised so highly by Beckham having had a boot kicked at his face if Fergie hadn't done and won so much for man u? Mourinho is loved by his title winning teams at Chelsea and inter but fell out massively with real Madrid staff where he played second fiddle to peps barca.

All I'm saying is that cotts seems well liked by Cheltenham and city players were he was successful but appears disliked at clubs he was less so.

19 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Dave Kitson, dined out 2 good seasons as a player and 15 barely average seasons.

Interestingly Coppell wanted Lansdown to pay huge wages to bring the waster to AG, yet some still say he was poorly treated when bringing in Hunt and Stewart on enormous wages then ******* off sharpish..

8 hours ago, Super said:

another pointless thread.

I don't think any thread on here is pointless, a forum is the modern day version of the vociferous Friday night football chat in the pub. Lots of rumours discussed, lots of views aired, lots of posturing and point scoring and lots of opportunities to talk rubbish royally taken!

This is one of the best football forums out there - no views are pointless; yet some are ridiculous I'll grant ya!!

7 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's been very obvious that SC is respected and popular with the core of his squad.

That they know exactly where they stand and certain things won't be tolerated is a good thing and will be welcomed by the majority of players. I've certainly never before seen a City team play with smiles on their faces like last season or such outstanding squad harmony forged by a City manager.

If Cotterill's inevitably fallen out with a few players, journalists, agents, or rival managers over a 20 year managerial career it's hardly surprising, and won't be unique to him.

Some posters won't like to read it but it's good to see confirmation that Cotts. is generally well liked where it counts most - amongst his players.

I'd say the Terry Cooper squad that included Neville, Riley, Walsh, Pritchard, Crawford, Newman, Llewellyn, Shaw, Ritchie etc had more spirit and harmony. My word that squad cared and gave everything for each other, the shirt and the fans....loved 'em!

Does it matter to the performance of the team if SC is liked or not? Surely being 'liked' isn't the same as being 'respected'? That should have a far greater bearing on performance?

I work in an industry where I regularly work under/with different 'bosses'. Some I like, some I don't. But the thing that effects my performance is my respect (or lack of) for them, their ideas, vision, talent and their approach.

In fact, I think I have worked in teams where there is a pretty universal dislike of the 'boss', but some kind of magic is there and we are brought together as a team that way.

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I was told,  as a trainee manager ,  by my director  "you can be liked or effective "  sadly for him  he was neither .

In one of my first jobs I heard a director say down the phone: "I may have my faults, but being wrong isn't one of them" - he wasn't there very long! 

He also had a paperweight in his office with a message on it that read: 'to err is human, to forgive isn't company policy"

Wahey!!

• Admin
5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yes please @Phileas Fogg never read the books

Archived