IGNORED

Bolton Players

Nomad

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Neil Lennon has confirmed that if players are not paid in December they can give 14 days notice and leave. Hope we are "in secret discussions" with a few that might want a job playing for Cotts. Wouldn't want us doing anything underhand of course!

Their benefactor has offered to stump up the £1m outstanding (rumour has it)

6 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Why would we want Bolton players who are probably earning a fortune and low on confidence?

Yep. There's quality in their side still. Zach Clough would be a good investment. Ben Amos, Josh Vela, Jay Spearing, Mark Davies, David Wheater, Darren Pratley - any of them off the top of my head would add to the squad.

44 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep. There's quality in their side still. Zach Clough would be a good investment. Ben Amos, Josh Vela, Jay Spearing, Mark Davies, David Wheater, Darren Pratley - any of them off the top of my head would add to the squad.

That's nearly a whole team! Collectively they can't be that good or Bolton wouldn't be bottom of the league. 

27 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

That's nearly a whole team! Collectively they can't be that good or Bolton wouldn't be bottom of the league. 

That's 7 of them that would add to our squad; we aren't that much better off ourselves. I'm sure clubs around us could list 7 of our players they wouldn't mind in their squad.

Not all of the Bolton players I listed would necessarily be 1st 11 players, but players that could add to our small squad.

3 minutes ago, wheatus59 said:

Baker is here until the end of the season and why would Leicester want Moore back ? Top of the table , no shortage of cove in defence , I think Wheater would be on big wages . 

If you look at the number of permanent signings we have, in defence we have zero back-up considering we play with three centre-backs. We won't be keeping Baker, and we would probably have to pay a decent chunk for Moore if he does well enough to merit a transfer.

Regardless, if a player of Wheater's quality, regardless of Bolton's last few years, is available on a free and you have gaps in your squad, you'd have to be a fool to pass that up.

4 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

If you look at the number of permanent signings we have, in defence we have zero back-up considering we play with three centre-backs. We won't be keeping Baker, and we would probably have to pay a decent chunk for Moore if he does well enough to merit a transfer.

Regardless, if a player of Wheater's quality, regardless of Bolton's last few years, is available on a free and you have gaps in your squad, you'd have to be a fool to pass that up.

Maybe youre right guys , id rather go for Pratley though if any of them do become available .

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He would but so is baker, it's the price you pay for quality.

Absolutely! We're playing in a division one under arguably the best in the world.

If we want to stay there unfortunately that comes at a price. Finding a Codger like player another 4 or 5 times (Defence, Midfield etc.) is possible but highly unlikely, so the only way to survive is to fork out the dosh or sink!

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They would certainly add to it, but surely the first question in the case of say, Jay Spearing is how come he's been unable to regularly get into a side that is rock bottom and has been so all season?

Next factor in the issue that many of them are from the North and with most of the division geographically between us and them, any we might be interested in will probably have other (nearer) suitors.

Only Mark Davies (who has a questionable injury record in the past) is worth any serious consideration to me..

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They would certainly add to it, but surely the first question in the case of say, Jay Spearing is how come he's been unable to regularly get into a side that is rock bottom and has been so all season?

Next factor in the issue that many of them are from the North and with most of the division geographically between us and them, any we might be interested in will probably have other (nearer) suitors.

Only Mark Davies (who has a questionable injury record in the past) is worth any serious consideration to me..

I wondered that about Spearing. Rated him at Liverpool but seems to have stagnated, rather than progressed, at Bolton.

The players I highlighted were simply ones that would add to the squad, in reply to the post I quoted, without taking into consideration location, wages, injury status etc. Of course these players may well have other suitors but I was making a point in reply to DR who seemed to dismiss their squad based on their current league position.

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Phileas Fogg just noticed Amos was on your list.....ill get me coat!

He'd be a good buy. Backup for fielding and good enough to challenge for a starting place.

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Moxey is certainly a Devon boy and has definitely lost his mojo, well worth a look if available for free though...

Forgot him, good player.

Mark Davies is a very good creative goal scoring midfielder but his injury record is terrible.

I don't see any reason why Pratley would want to stay up north if hypothetically speaking, we were interested. He's lived in South Wales before and is from London originally so surely closer to home for him.

Archived