IGNORED

sports bar and grill

Head in the clouds

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Reply from Mark Kelly

Apologies to anybody disappointed about the sports bar closing this evening after the game.

We had a one off exclusive booking that required the majority of the ground floor furniture to be removed and a guest arrival from 6pm.

I have avoided any large bookings in the sports bar throughout the season so far and every hospitality room including the boardroom had to be cleared earlier today to facilitate Christmas parties. We are full tonight with very tight handover.  

The concession in the south stand was left open and there was a "ticker tape" message on the screens to communicate this. 

That said, I accept that the message could have been communicated better and appreciate the frustration on a wet day.

Mark 

There we have it.  Fans can eff off, money wins.

Football has changed, it's not for the likes of me anymore. 

Time to pick another sport.

The money will run out eventually and then the idiots running this game will come crawling back to us, as if they've done nothing wrong, begging for us to buy their product. 

Sickening. 

they left the south stand concession open as an alternative so its not as if they've completely screwed fans, by the sounds of it they could have just communicated that the bar and grill would be closed and could fans wanting a drink please make their way to the south stand. 

6 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

The money will run out eventually and then the idiots running this game will come crawling back to us, as if they've done nothing wrong, begging for us to buy their product. 

Sickening. 

So because you couldn't use a pub that didn't exist last season you are turning your back on football...

Right.........

I don't care that it was closed. It was the fact that it was always going to be wasn't well communicated. 

The doorman said it was a players wives/girlfriends Xmas party. Fair enough, but surely nothing that couldn't have been from 7pm, with fans advised of reduced hours as they went in for a post match pint. 

Mid that really wouldn't work, then it should have been much better advised to supporters beforehand. 

17 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Christ why do city fans him know they own the joint?

unless you spent 40m to build the bloody thing need to go to the pub up the road.  Need something to own about. 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I've tried translating your post in to a number of different languages and I am still struggling to understand what it is you're trying to say.

Sorry predictive text got the better of me (and perhaps too many beers)

should have said.....

'why do city fans think they own the joint?

unless you have spent 40M to build the bloody thing you need to go to the pub up the road. Need something to moan about.'

So because you couldn't use a pub that didn't exist last season you are turning your back on football...

Right.........

I'm turning my back on people like yourself who don't see that these small issues contribute to a bigger problem.

I haven't used the bar, I have no need to.  I drink down the road in a pub that has always served me well.

The bar should be a place that fans can be sure, week in week out, of getting a beer in.  Before and after the game.  A gathering place, a meeting place.  

I could go on but I feel it would be wasted on you.

Right..........

P.S.  How did you find the plastic seat today?  did it dig in?  give you a sore bottom?

14 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

Sickening. 

Really..?! 

1 minute ago, howey_ducky said:

I'm turning my back on people like yourself who don't see that these small issues contribute to a bigger problem.

I haven't used the bar, I have no need to.  I drink down the road in a pub that has always served me well.

The bar should be a place that fans can be sure, week in week out, of getting a beer in.  Before and after the game.  A gathering place, a meeting place.  

I could go on but I feel it would be wasted on you.

Right..........

P.S.  How did you find the plastic seat today?  did it dig in?  give you a sore bottom?

So a pub that until recently didn't exist, you've never used and you didn't want to use was unavailable to you, you've lost interest in football.

Makes sense. That's me converted to your way of thinking.

2 hours ago, Head in the clouds said:

Closed after the game for a private function. Just goes to show noone at Bristol Sport gives a shit about supportsers, the pound rules

Just go somewhere else . 

All the money from the party goes to city anyway.

15 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

Sickening. 

Surely this post deserves some sort of award?

In all my attempted whooooooshes- I've never come up with something quite so glorious.

Please don't go- I'd really miss your irony.

p.s If this is not irony- seek help.

1 minute ago, howey_ducky said:

No Rob.  I'll be back next week, the week after and the week after, you get the trend.

The annoyance is for how the game is going.

Problem there, is that people (in general) want to the club to compete, be successful and try and over achieve. To generate the revenue to do that, you need to maximise earning potential.

Supporters have high expectations, how are the club to try and satisfy them?

3 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

No Rob.  I'll be back next week, the week after and the week after, you get the trend.

The annoyance is for how the game is going.

It's not that big a deal, with the concourses remaining open, but it should certainly have been communicated a lot better 

Problem there, is that people (in general) want to the club to compete, be successful and try and over achieve. To generate the revenue to do that, you need to maximise earning potential.

Supporters have high expectations, how are the club to try and satisfy them?

It depends which type of supporters you're talking about.  

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's not that big a deal, with the concourses remaining open, but it should certainly have been communicated a lot better 

It's a nothing issue, i'm not sure why I have bothered to reply (tv is shi   iite and the missus is out).  As mentioned previously, the club are quick enough to get their jolly token bird to tell us on here when they have something to offer, bit slower when they know it might annoy people.

5 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

It's a nothing issue, i'm not sure why I have bothered to reply (tv is shi   iite and the missus is out).  As mentioned previously, the club are quick enough to get their jolly token bird to tell us on here when they have something to offer, bit slower when they know it might annoy people.

Hahaha. You kill me Greavesy.

5 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

The names Dolly thanks. I resent the "token bird" comment. I've done a heck of a lot more work than most people on here for the fans of this club over the last 10 years. Some people prefer to sit behind their computers bashing the club at any opportunity, others prefer to actually get off their arses and try and do/say stuff. I know which one i'd prefer to be. Plus many can vouch, I'm never shy at speaking up when I think the club have f***ed up. 

Mountain out of a molehill being made here. 

46 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Part of this statement is unreserved bullshit! I had corporate hospitality today and stayed till way after the game had finished and at no pint were we asked to either hurry up or leave!

If this isn't a typo , it is a fantastic measure of time on a night out :yawn:

9 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The names Dolly thanks. I resent the "token bird" comment. I've done a heck of a lot more work than most people on here for the fans of this club over the last 10 years. Some people prefer to sit behind their computers bashing the club at any opportunity, others prefer to actually get off their arses and try and do/say stuff. I know which one i'd prefer to be. Plus many can vouch, I'm never shy at speaking up when I think the club have ****ed up. 

Mountain out of a molehill being made here. 

I apologise for the "token bird" comment.  You keep telling yourself you've done loads.  You get off of your arse and look busy.  Nothing more, nothing less.  It makes you feel important and I will not knock you for that.

2 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

I apologise for the "token bird" comment.  You keep telling yourself you've done loads.  You get off of your arse and look busy.  Nothing more, nothing less.  It makes you feel important and I will not knock you for that.

Absolutely disgusting comment.

Dolly, he does not speak for the overwhelming majority of us who thoroughly appreciate your efforts.

4 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

Believe what you like. I know the truth. It says more about you than anything else if you can't see that. 

Archived