IGNORED

sports bar and grill

Head in the clouds

I went round to the Sports Bar and Grill with 2 others at 5.30 to watch the live game but obviously it was closed.

Now I don't want to be a serial moaner but surely a "Sports" bar attached to a football stadium closed for a private function is just wrong.

If it was a players/ wives/ girlfriends event why could'nt they hold it in one of the other venues in the South Stand

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

The overwhelming majority who don't feel the need to sit behind their keyboard and throw insults at someone they don't know at 11pm on a Saturday night.

I haven't thrown one insult, correct me if i'm wrong.

I think you're getting confused between vocal happy clapper and overwhelming.

6 minutes ago, candygram for mongo said:

I went round to the Sports Bar and Grill with 2 others at 5.30 to watch the live game but obviously it was closed.

Now I don't want to be a serial moaner but surely a "Sports" bar attached to a football stadium closed for a private function is just wrong.

If it was a players/ wives/ girlfriends event why could'nt they hold it in one of the other venues in the South Stand

By the sounds of the email all function facilities were already booked which is why the bar was being used.

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

So calling me a "jolly token bird" isn't insulting? :blink:

I doubt if I was a bloke you'd have brought my sex into it 

Perhaps I'm in the wrong for the "jolly token bird" comment.  Sorry for that.  

Perhaps "big lad with long hair, looks like a puff, big gob, lots to say, no idea about life" would have been fairer?

1 hour ago, howey_ducky said:

There we have it.  Fans can eff off, money wins.

Football has changed, it's not for the likes of me anymore. 

Time to pick another sport.

The money will run out eventually and then the idiots running this game will come crawling back to us, as if they've done nothing wrong, begging for us to buy their product. 

Sickening. 

I like this post real passion just like Cotts!!

I agree with everything you said apart from changing sport!

Money will always win hence the club is after the more affluent supporter who will pay corporate rates, not the pie and a pint brigade!!

Watch it happen!!

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I agree, but atleast he realises the error and won't happen again.

He does actually take he time to write a sincere apology in good time which is more than can be said for other members of staff who are 'fan facing'.

Sincere, in a "we'll do the wrong thing again, but will let you know in advance"  type way? 

15 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

Perhaps "big lad with long hair, looks like a puff, big gob, lots to say, no idea about life" would have been fairer?

And now homophobia, what a class A kn*b you are. 

41 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

Howey, I think it's time to stop digging.

You have said already there is nothing that interests you on TV and your wife is out.

Why don't you have an early night - you'll feel much better for it tomorrow.

• Admin

Those commenting about revenue eyc, as Barbs3 said, we were told it was a function for players wives etc, so no doubt it was a freebie event! 

I bumped into the operations manager he was convinced it had been on the website about the bar being closed, I honestly hadn't seen anything, but maybe it was 

Agree about piss poor communication, Marie is quick enough to pass on emails on here, so the club would have known at worst they could get a message on here 

9 hours ago, shelts said:

This will be the end of the working class fan with the club going for the middle class fan who will pay more for season tickets at the redeveloped Ashton Gate. When the ground is finished wait for the massive hike in prices

Your a bit late, the middle class fan invaded about 15/20 years ago. If ticket prices go up everywhere when the stadium is finished we will have even more empty seats than im already expecting.

9 hours ago, howey_ducky said:

Let's hope that when you read your pathetic comments this morning in a sober state  you will realise what a complete arse you've been, hopefully then you'll have the balls to apologise to Dolly.

But somehow I doubt it

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I agree, but atleast he realises the error and won't happen again.

He does actually take he time to write a sincere apology in good time which is more than can be said for other members of staff who are 'fan facing'.

What won't happen again ? The fact it's closed to someone for a private function  or the fact he can't communicate it's going to be closed ? I'll accept the latter cause even greedy little businessmen can learn from mistakes.

i find it staggering to think Bristol City or Bristol Sport, whoever you want to blame, would even contemplate letting out part of our stadium on a match day. I understand that during the week and when no sport is being played, that the ground is becoming a great place for conferences, functions etc, more revenue etc.. But not even keeping the bar open for an hour afterwards ? I find it a little bizarre that you'd clearly show your fans you are treating them 2nd best, whatever the reason.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Those commenting about revenue eyc, as Barbs3 said, we were told it was a function for players wives etc, so no doubt it was a freebie event! 

I bumped into the operations manager he was convinced it had been on the website about the bar being closed, I honestly hadn't seen anything, but maybe it was 

Agree about piss poor communication, Marie is quick enough to pass on emails on here, so the club would have known at worst they could get a message on here 

Nice one Phantom, operations manager needs to talk to communications manager a bit more ehhh ? I also saw nothing about it on the website.

Maybe they could all trying to communicate a bit more - I think they call it 'meetings' where 1 person says what's happening and then the others decide what effect it will have and will give their input and then collectively they decide how to answer all possible issues and communicate it ? 

Didn't effect me, but if I'd chosen this game for a meet up and watch the live game, (which we have talked about) I'd be well pissed off.   

Again , sadly , poor communication causes problems.  I guess this sort of thing wouldn't have happened if it was next year with the new stand/facilities open. Annoying but not the first time the rebuild has impacted on the fans day out, looking forward to seeing what will happen next year. 

Just letting people know in advance makes a hell of a difference, lets hope that improves too.

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

The names Dolly thanks. I resent the "token bird" comment. I've done a heck of a lot more work than most people on here for the fans of this club over the last 10 years. Some people prefer to sit behind their computers bashing the club at any opportunity, others prefer to actually get off their arses and try and do/say stuff. I know which one i'd prefer to be. Plus many can vouch, I'm never shy at speaking up when I think the club have ****ed up. 

Mountain out of a molehill being made here. 

To be fair, we know you've done a lot more than us normal fans, it is mentioned on here enough.

im sure it's appreciated, again it's the way it's communicated that riles people I believe.

2 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Let's hope that when you read your pathetic comments this morning in a sober state  you will realise what a complete arse you've been, hopefully then you'll have the balls to apologise to Dolly.

But somehow I doubt it

Apology duly received this morning :) 

12 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Sincere, in a "we'll do the wrong thing again, but will let you know in advance"  type way? 

I get that. I've criticised the club lots over the last 18 months; south stand design, ultra flags, the supporters liaison, treatment of the fans from EE/Atyeo, the media team.. Almost everything.

In my experience though, Mark Kelly is very well meaning and genuinely wants the best with no agenda. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on this and hope it doesn't happen again because that decision was a joke.

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/stadium/the-venue/bristol-sports-bar-grill/

Just saw it mentioned on the actual bar and grill part of the website, but who will actually look at that?

Should of been tweeted by the club and had massive signs in the bar before hand.

Would be good to see one of those signs which newspapers use outside the bar which has the offers on, such as currently there are two pint pitchers of beer for £7. Could of mentioned about the closure then too.

I think the closure could of been handled better, infact I'm not sure if they could have done it much worse. The club need fans to establish a 'habit' of going there before and after matches, now fans will be unsure if the bar is open or not and will make other arrangements. Whilst I applaud the club for getting all the revenue it can the closure should have been been either later (7pm) or made much clearer. 

The Wags had their party there it seems?  A bit strange really when you consider th whole of Bristol Sport went elsewhere in Bristol for theirs earlier in the week!

Oh well I guess once they are back in the New Williams there will be plenty of space for everybody. I hear plenty of talk about the rugby players freely mingling with the fans in the bar after the match. They not require a separate area. Ok footballers are a bit different, well they get treated like they are, but why should they be?  I'd like to see them intergrate more. I know some people at Bristol Sport  have highlighted the differences in the two groups of players recently. 

Archived