IGNORED

sports bar and grill

Head in the clouds

50 minutes ago, cynic said:

The fact is - it isn't a supporters "sports bar"

Its nothing like it.

The upstairs is exclusive to paying members and WAGS.

It can be closed to whoever wants to book it on a match day.

Tables can be reserved.

Its just not a supporters "sports bar" - they don't understand the meaning of the term.

Its crap.

To be fair here, I have used it pre-match and it isn't half bad. The upstairs being closed hasn't helped the situation and it's possible that the club have missed a trick offering space to the WAGS and SCAT during redevelopment when they need to be changing habits during the rebuild, but they chose to pander rather than embrace during the build.

Don't imagine it will have much in the way of a long term effect as more rooms and bars become available.

13 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Let's hope that when you read your pathetic comments this morning in a sober state  you will realise what a complete arse you've been, hopefully then you'll have the balls to apologise to Dolly.

But somehow I doubt it

You shouldn't have doubted it.

I have apologised for the name calling.  By your terms that means that I have some balls.  Perhaps you should apologise for calling me an "arse"?

5 hours ago, smokey live said:

Could of somethit'sthrough the  tannoy sy stem bef ore the game and at the end of the match?

They could have but I'd have though they would've put up a message on the big new screen in the corner inside of the South Stand Dolman end..... Oh hang on, just renembered a screen was what the supporters wanted wasnt it, silly me, in our dreams eh?

Maybe a few scantily clad token birds with plackards (like ring round number birds at boxing) couldve done a few laps pitchside Pre Kick-off & at half time, oops I regressed to 1976 for a moment then, its season 2015/16 now, soz sometimes I forget. Bring on the technology I say.

14 hours ago, cider head said:

Just adds for the need of a proper football supporters bar under the Atyeo stand if they are to hire out the sports bar and grill that way there can be a place for fans to have a beer in such events.

Unless its hired out of course!

On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 22:11, Bristol Rob said:

To be fair here, I have used it pre-match and it isn't half bad. The upstairs being closed hasn't helped t he situation and ...

*..it's possible that the club have missed a trick offering space to the WAGS and SCAT..*

...during redevelopment when they need to be changing habits during the rebuild, but they chose to pander rather than embrace during the build.

Don't imagine it will have much in the way of a long term effect as more rooms and bars become available.

Wags and Scat could've had their 'private function' in 'the Gents' sounds like a purpose built venue for these kind of activities..

In fact the words Wags (for urinals) and Scat (cubicles) could well be used as signage for the bogs doncha think?  Think that'd be very apt. :)

• Admin
17 hours ago, Ayteomike2 said:

It might have already been said but perhaps it's something we have to put up with this season all the changes just have a bit of patience 

You're missing the point - part of the issue was the lack of communication about this issue

It was only a few weeks back vouchers were being given out to get people in there after a game - consistency is the key if they want the bar to be a success

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

You're missing the point - part of the issue was the lack of communication about this issue

It was only a few weeks back vouchers were being given out to get people in there after a game - consistency is the key if they want the bar to be a success

More vouchers I missed out on.

Will the injustice never end???

17 hours ago, Ayteomike2 said:

It might have already been said but perhaps it's something we have to put up with this season all the changes just have a bit of patience 

Not having enough space is something everyone has to put up with. That's unavoidable with the rebuild going on but as Phantom says that's not the point. The complaint was that communication ( not for the first time ) between the club and the fans was shocking. At least Mr Kelly has held his hand up for this particular erroor.

On 12/20/2015 at 21:18, cynic said:

The fact is - it isn't a supporters "sports bar"

Its nothing like it.

The upstairs is exclusive to paying members and WAGS.

It can be closed to whoever wants to book it on a match day.

Tables can be reserved.

Its just not a supporters "sports bar" - they don't understand the meaning of the term.

Its crap.

In another thread you have dismissed the need for a City pub style facility in the Atyeo. Dont you think this highlights an area where improvement can be made? Why not share your views with Bristol Sport? There could still be possibilities for further themed bars.

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 21:56, Nibor said:

Well it's nice he can write an email but his judgment is still shit, he should have simply said no to a booking that close to a match finish.  The facilities at the stadium first and foremost should be for City fans, and compromising that on a matchday isn't acceptable.

perhaps if he got from behind his computer and helped the minimum wages lackies, I could have opened for a short period

Archived