IGNORED

Time Up

Bs4Red

Stood in the ground writing this. 

I cannot believe we have just threw 3 points away against the WORST team I have seen at the gate this year, they were nearly as bad as us vs Fulham. 

How? How? Can Cotts not see that kodjia and Wilbs were knackered. 91 minutes for the first change. 

Has to go I'm afraid. Disgusting 

9 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I cannot believe we have just threw 3 points away against the WORST team I have seen at the gate this year, they were nearly as bad as us vs Fulham. 

How? How? Can Cotts not see that kodjia and Wilbs were knackered. 91 minutes for the first change. 

Only 2 points thrown away fella!!

10 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I would go as far as saying they were worse than any team I saw last season. These players need to see the game out, we have too many that can't cope with pressure.

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Only 2 points thrown away fella!!

Only 2 points thrown away today.  But let's not forget 2 points thrown away in similar circumstances against MK Dons.  And failures to win away against Preston or Bolton.  And our utter capitulation at Rotherham.  1 win out of 5 against the bottom six simply isn't good enough.

1 minute ago, Chairman Mao said:

inept, we are going to get slaughtered by Burnley

I suspect we probably aren't.  So far this season every time we look like we're about to utterly capitulate, we produce a decent performance that papers over the cracks until the next time we lose a game we ought to be winning.  In that respect, this  season reminds me a lot of the McInnes era. 

I must have missed him missing the penalty, wasting numerous chances, dominating from the word go and limiting them to one real chance - which they score from.

We're all upset and angry but without meaning to sound like SOD there's not much more he could've done. It's not like they were hammering on the door - Kodjia was far from the worst player on the pitch. He won a penalty, set up Wilbraham for a sitter, set up Freeman near the end, I could go on.

Wilbraham was poor but you can understand him staying on - for moments like the one they scored from. We don't have that height on the bench. For whatever reason we chose that moment to switch off.

What we need is someone beyond Kodjia who can score a goal. We bid for them but they didn't want to come here, for whatever reason.

We are where we are, the players are so clearly playing for the manager, they have hunger and passion and lack a little bit of quality when it matters at the moment. There's been plenty of times when we've lacked the other aspects too, and when that happens again, by all means chance the manager.

As far as I can tell though, you want to change him because he can't physically go out and score for them. And I don't think that's fair.

Give him time to make some January signings. The squads worse than he is.

None of our midfielders can score. Pack isn't Championship quality. Smith is great at times but doesn't seem to be playing at others.

Wilbraham is well past it and needs to go too. I say give him until the end of January to turn things around before he has to go. 

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

I must have missed him missing the penalty, wasting numerous chances, dominating from the word go and limiting them to one real chance - which they score from.

We're all upset and angry but without meaning to sound like SOD there's not much more he could've done. It's not like they were hammering on the door - Kodjia was far from the worst player on the pitch. He won a penalty, set up Wilbraham for a sitter, set up Freeman near the end, I could go on.

Wilbraham was poor but you can understand him staying on - for moments like the one they scored from. We don't have that height on the bench. For whatever reason we chose that moment to switch off.

What we need is someone beyond Kodjia who can score a goal. We bid for them but they didn't want to come here, for whatever reason.

We are where we are, the players are so clearly playing for the manager, they have hunger and passion and lack a little bit of quality when it matters at the moment. There's been plenty of times when we've lacked the other aspects too, and when that happens again, by all means chance the manager.

As far as I can tell though, you want to change him because he can't physically go out and score for them. And I don't think that's fair.

The trouble with our strikers is that they need half a dozen chances to score a goal, simply not good enough.

Charlton were absolutely crap. If those players, with those chances, and that domination cannot win I fail to see how it's SC's fault honestly.

As tired as our strikers were they were still giving a torrid time to that defence, albeit without hitting the target. Our midfielders and edge of box players were getting SO much change I fail to see why taking either off was the right choice if I am honest. 

3 minutes ago, JC5 said:

Give him time to make some January signings. The squads worse than he is.

None of our midfielders can score. Pack isn't Championship quality. Smith is great at times but doesn't seem to be playing at others.

Wilbraham is well past it and needs to go too. I say give him until the end of January to turn things around before he has to go. 

Ultimately this is now the gamble.  If we give Cotts til the end of the January we probably need to give him the season.  Once the transfer window has closed, we've got to make do with the squad we have, loans aside.  Whether we stick or twist, I genuinely don't know.  But now, not the end of January is the time to make a decision and stick with it.  

1 minute ago, Super said:

The trouble with our strikers is that they need half a dozen chances to score a goal, simply not good enough.

No of course it isn't. Kodjia needs to score more from the number of chances he has, even if he does have double figures.

But he does at least score a fair few and bring other players into the game as we saw today. He is an all-round asset, no doubt about it.

The rest of them... Agard is not a bad striker, but he's a most natural goal scorer at this level, Burns is very much an unknown entity and Wilbraham is on his way to retirement.

Recruitment is the problem. Again, I think that's very harsh to place solely, or potentially at all, at Cotterill's door. We just don't know. We do know we were in for quality players but that's all we know.

4 minutes ago, hay dens party said:

you have to blame the forwards today. It was shocking, Cotts needed to make a sub up front alot earlier than he did. Last years team would have been 3 up by half time. I'm worried that we just can't score goal's.

If Wes Burns is the answer then 'Who's a clinical striker at Championship level' is not the question.

Archived