IGNORED

Time Up

Bs4Red

27 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Stood in the ground writing this. 

I cannot believe we have just threw 3 points away against the WORST team I have seen at the gate this year, they were nearly as bad as us vs Fulham. 

How? How? Can Cotts not see that kodjia and Wilbs were knackered. 91 minutes for the first change. 

Has to go I'm afraid. Disgusting 

Well I've just got home and I say absolute bollocks to that.

We've got a manager who sets the team to up attack and we could/should have scored 6 today.

Sickening at the end but to use the completely undeserved equaliser to call for the manager's head is pathetic and embarrassing.

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

Did you expect him to hit the target - I definitely didn't.

Penalty taking is a specific skill, hardly has anything to do with how good a player is in other aspects. Pack had been a solid penalty taker previous times so largely would be expected to step up again.

With the greatest of respect to Charlton, they were frankly awful. A team bereft of quality and confidence and they should have been defeated.

Our finishing was dire and why three tall, physical players like our back three can't deal with the ball coming into our box, I do not know. I'll save my thoughts on pack for the other thread.

All in all that was just not good enough. I don't like being outplayed but eventually I can get over it and admit the other team were just better. What I cannot handle is when we are blatantly the better side and fail to clinch the maximum points.  For me, today the manager did not get the most out of those 11 on the pitch and his reluctance to use the bench is just plain wrong.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We've got a manager who sets the team to up attack and we could/should have scored 6 today.

Sickening at the end but to use the completely undeserved equaliser to call for the manager's head is pathetic and embarrassing.

You couldn't see it coming? They were always going to score. He should have acknowledged that we were beginning to get deeper and a change was needed. Me calling for his head isn't based on today. It's based on the season so far. Nothing has changed from game one. Giving him January to sign players would be criminal 

6 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

If Wes Burns is the answer then 'Who's a clinical striker at Championship level' is not the question.

But you're not even checking if he's the answer because nobody's giving him a chance. Everyone thought the earth was flat until they checked it. Maybe Wes Burns IS the answer. Just gotta check him out. 

I think OTIB should close down after matches for 12 hours , win, lose or draw , to allow people to calm down abit before posting . Be more reflective , learn how to deal with disappointment ( and today was sickening ) , refrain from blaming individuals often unfairly , and try and understand the nature of football , being a football fan and being a Bristol City fan . It's hard I know but more considered thoughts after a bit of reflection rather knee jerk reactions has to be less divisive . 

Heart is good but head is always better . It's taken me a lifetime to realise , in all aspects of life but it particularly applies to such a passionate thing like following bloody Bristol City . 

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

We are almost in January and he has yet to score this season. Shouldn't we be looking at someone who knows how to finish when it comes to penalties?

Doesn't matter how many he scores generally, just matters how he takes penalties, which usually he does well.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

But you're not even checking if he's the answer because nobody's giving him a chance. Everyone thought the earth was flat until they checked it. Maybe Wes Burns IS the answer. Just gotta check him out. 

Maybe but maybe not. Certainly not a huge amount to suggest he is - can't really blame Cotterill for sticking. Wilbraham has height when defending if nothing else. Willing to bet it wasn't him who lost his man for the goal. 

Steve Cotterhill didn't miss one of our 10 or so real chances. He didn't stand offside 5 or 6 times. He didn't miss a penalty. Can say what you'd like about his substitutions but would they have made the difference? After we missed the pen everyone in the building knew an equalizer was coming. Don't think anything he could've done could've stopped it. He done his job. Put everyone in the right positions and they failed him today. 

We are 5 days from January. If he was gonna go he'd be gone already. Get used to him. He will be here until the day we are relegated and if not he will be there on opening day next season. He's not perfect and he's quite stubborn but he's out and today didn't have much to do with him, IMO. 

16 minutes ago, hay dens party said:

you have to blame the forwards today. It was shocking, Cotts needed to make a sub up front alot earlier than he did. Last years team would have been 3 up by half time. I'm worried that we just can't score goal's.

Why blame the strikers? Don't Freeman, Smith, Bennett, Freeman, Bryan have a responsibility to score a goal or two? Remind me how many goals they've scored between them this season?

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Could've, would've, should've... seems that old chestnut comes up on a regular basis but its getting us nowhere. is it really a hard luck story week in, week out? We've dropped a fair few points in winnable positions this season due to the team sitting back inviting pressure. I would say thats down more to Cotterills tactics rather than the players inabilities.. They've showed they can actually put themselves in a position of taking 3 points

Scoring 7 goals in the last 11 games is poor, 4 wins in 23 is not good. We are currently bottom 3 with a pretty hideous GD

When the pressure is on for points, it's not uncommon for strikers to snatch at chances.

Composure often comes when the pressure is off.

The more pressure we are under to get points...the harder it becomes...it's a vicious circle.

Shame about the result...on paper we should be winning these games.

It's going to be an interesting season.

41 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

They see him in training several times a week, I'm sure there's a good reason why he's deemed not ready to start or come on for a good length of time.

From what I've seen of him, he's a winger. Not a wingback or a striker and currently he doesn't fit.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They see him in training several times a week, I'm sure there's a good reason why he's deemed not ready to start.

From what I've seen of him, he's a winger. Not a wingback or a striker and currently he doesn't fit.

I've watched him play as a striker fella...he was good playing off the shoulder of the last defender. Troubled defences.

The way we play limits our player choice...that's down to SC.

Can't see it getting any better atm...can really see us going down this season if it continues in the same vein.

41 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Could've, would've, should've... seems that old chestnut comes up on a regular basis but its getting us nowhere. is it really a hard luck story week in, week out? We've dropped a fair few points in winnable positions this season due to the team sitting back inviting pressure. I would say thats down more to Cotterills tactics rather than the players inabilities.. They've showed they can actually put themselves in a position of taking 3 points

Scoring 7 goals in the last 11 games is poor, 4 wins in 23 is not good. We are currently bottom 3 with a pretty hideous GD

That'd be a good point if we sat back today which we didn't.

2 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

Maybe but maybe not. Certainly not a huge amount to suggest he is - can't really blame Cotterill for sticking. Wilbraham has height when defending if nothing else. Willing to bet it wasn't him who lost his man for the goal. 

But it was him who was offside to allow them to ge the ball back in the box though... 

2 minutes ago, ashtonphil said:

But it was him who was offside to allow them to ge the ball back in the box though... 

So he should've taken him off just in case he got caught offside? Rather a moot point.

Also - getting caught offside deep in the opposition half is VERY different to conceding a goal from a free-kick on the edge of your own box.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Can't see it getting any better atm...can really see us going down this season if it continues in the same vein.

You have to admit, to bottle this home game as well as the MK Dons fixture it is mightily concerning.

You simply have to win against those around you, particularly at home when leading at half time. 

I think we will improve. That game could have easily been a 4-0 victory, indeed it should have been a 4-0 victory. if Pack wasn't an idiot in getting his foot under a ball with the strong wind at his back (what an absolute moron - I don't mince my words cus that is just stupidity) I think it would have been. 

8 minutes ago, 29AR said:

You have to admit, to bottle this home game as well as the MK Dons fixture it is mightily concerning.

You simply have to win against those around you, particularly at home when leading at half time. 

I think we will improve. That game could have easily been a 4-0 victory, indeed it should have been a 4-0 victory. if Pack wasn't an idiot in getting his foot under a ball with the strong wind at his back (what an absolute moron - I don't mince my words cus that is just stupidity) I think it would have been. 

It's pressure mate...these players are under intense pressure to get points...so composure goes.

Playing the way we do doesn't help...can't see us staying up, regardless of who we buy if we continue playing in such an open set up.

Archived