IGNORED

Time Up

Bs4Red

Good teams find a way to win, even when playing poorly. We on the other hand find a way to not win, even when playing well. I think that says more about certain aspects of the players on the pitch rather than the manager. Maybe he could be more pro active regarding subs but it really boils down to the first team as a collective just aren't good enough for this division on the whole. I know playing well in games seems to suggest they are but we don't seem to have the whole package to be deemed good enough which is reflected in the results. As to who's fault the squad isn't good enough is, that's up for continuing debate!!

3 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Freeman should be dropped and Cotts needs to be way more pro-active with his subs. Great decision to play Bryan again he looked back to his old self. Wilbs and Kodj linked up well but we really really really should've put on a new striker around 70 minutes. 

If you think Freeman should be dropped after today then I must have been watching a different game , I thought we were excellent all round apart from the finishing , am I alone in thinking this  ? 

44 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

For me the best pen takers wait for the keeper to move then roll it in the other side. Smashing it in itself is  bit of hit and hope imo.

Jeeeeez .... Where were you when England got beat by Germany on pens ???????

4 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

4 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

I was sat watching thinking just stand and dont move then you will save the one straight down the middle.  Equally we should have brought beasant on who was an amazing pen stopper.

1 hour ago, robin4ever said:

I was there - about 40m from the penalty spot - the Germans placed the balls and were good enough to put pace on it as well 

they didn't try and smash it in the roof of the net - they hit the inside side netting every time

@Snufflelufagus - you are spot on although from memory we had Woods on bench - Shilton was a good keeps but never a pen saver - said to my mate on final whistle - Shilton won't save one, get Woods on to try and make the Germans start thinking

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well I've just got home and I say absolute bollocks to that.

We've got a manager who sets the team to up attack and we could/should have scored 6 today.

Sickening at the end but to use the completely undeserved equaliser to call for the manager's head is pathetic and embarrassing.

Exactly!

everyone is gutted, again, but we go again and add what we can

As we both know supporting City is not easygoing!

5 hours ago, Super said:

I would go as far as saying they were worse than any team I saw last season. These players need to see the game out, we have too many that can't cope with pressure.

Agreed..if this were a league one game last season we would have taken them apart....Charlton were a very young and inexperienced outfit.to cap it all their body language pre match was "please,were so sorry were here, take these thee points off of us!!!!!!!!!!!!................

Charlton were rubbish until we let them back into the game. They appeared to have no confidence at all.

SC said post match that we dominated. Well 18 shots says as much but we only got 2 on target. Charlton managed twice as many on target from just 7 shots!

The lack of goals from open play  is really worrying. The lack of goals from midfield is really worrying. The concession of soft goals is really worrying. The failure to change things during matches if the situation changes is really worrying.

The ever increasing risk of us going straight back to League 1 is the most worrying of all!

26 minutes ago, Squire Dastardly said:

This season Cotterill has made so many mistakes starting in pre-season. The only good thing he has done is sign Kodjia. He should leave before he does any more damage to the club I love.

Damage? What the hell are you on about? The bloke has done zero damage - he rescued us from the abysss and even if you listen to SL he expected, albeit hoped otherwise, it would take us one more year to even be at this level; and in the meantime he still sanctioned the build of a stadium and pressed ahead with the plans. 

Yes being in League One with that stadium is less than ideal, very much so... But SL just bought himself a bloody jet for nearly the cost of the stadium, he sanctioned bids for almost 20% of what the stadium cost to build. I don't foresee the meltdown that some do if we were to drop, not this time around. 

IF we do go down we will still be in damn better shape than when he took over that's for certain. We will have breathing room for one to shape a new squad; and if there's one man I would back to do that in League One above most others it's the man we have in the dugout. 

2 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

For me the best pen takers wait for the keeper to move then roll it in the other side. Smashing it in itself is  bit of hit and hope imo.

For me your wrong. The best penalty taker picks his spot takes a run up from the D and hits the side netting.

If he hits the spot it doesn't matter witch way the keeper goes.

6 hours ago, glos old boy said:

He`s going no-where, the thought has not even entered SL`s head; we will spend in the window then see where it takes us............and relax

Why should we relax??! That was a shocking result against (by far) the worst team we've played this season - why should we relax and just take it? 

It was awful! 

Still, perhaps we should just relax and quietly get relegated...???!!

47 minutes ago, Squire Dastardly said:

This season Cotterill has made so many mistakes starting in pre-season. The only good thing he has done is sign Kodjia. He should leave before he does any more damage to the club I love.

Damage?

Look at the repair job he's had to do.

24 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Damage? What the hell are you on about? The bloke has done zero damage - he rescued us from the abysss and even if you listen to SL he expected, albeit hoped otherwise, it would take us one more year to even be at this level; and in the meantime he still sanctioned the build of a stadium and pressed ahead with the plans. 

Yes being in League One with that stadium is less than ideal, very much so... But SL just bought himself a bloody jet for nearly the cost of the stadium, he sanctioned bids for almost 20% of what the stadium cost to build. I don't foresee the meltdown that some do if we were to drop, not this time around. 

IF we do go down we will still be in damn better shape than when he took over that's for certain. We will have breathing room for one to shape a new squad; and if there's one man I would back to do that in League One above most others it's the man we have in the dugout. 

A 'bloody jet' - what? Why is that relevant?!!

simple fact is results like today get you relegated, not the 4-0 away lose to derby . You have to beat these teams in and around you,especially when they are as poor as Charlton. To be in the bottom 3 with two away games next week is devastating. So yes I'm afraid to say time is up SC.

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

simple fact is results like today get you relegated, not the 4-0 away lose to derby . You have to beat these teams in and around you,especially when they are as poor as Charlton. To be in the bottom 3 with two away games next week is devastating. So yes I'm afraid to say time is up SC.

I have to agree. Losing to Derby away is not the problem. The throwing away of points from winning positions against teams around us in the relegation zone is killing us & will see us go down. If the happy clappers didn't realise it, we have the worst home record in the division & having missed the Wolves game & not being able to make away games I have only seen one victory all season. Just not good enough!

Archived