IGNORED

Steve Cotterill - Master Tactician

Nomad

Whatever you say about our illustrious manager his bold substitution in the 94th minute proves what a winner he really is. He didn't give up and settle for a point, he knew that despite conceding we were on the front foot and the most likely to create and miss a few more chances. After the game Steve was full of admiration for the way Wes ran his socks off for close to a minute : "Wes has been chomping at the bit in training so I knew he was ready for a full minute of action. If he carries on like that he can expect 2 minutes in the not too distant future".

Expect more tactical genius from SC on Monday.

Jeez have you forgotten who got us here and from where ? did we lose today? were we just a tad unlucky not to get all the points from a Charlton side who were fighting for their lives.

Don't be surprised at all if we don't come back from Burnley with something...............its not over, its far from over. :facepalm:

24 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Jeez have you forgotten who got us here and from where ? did we lose today? were we just a tad unlucky not to get all the points from a Charlton side who were fighting for their lives.

Don't be surprised at all if we don't come back from Burnley with something...............its not over, its far from over. :facepalm:

Surprised I would be amazed. How much longer are we able to say it's not over yet as yet another gilt edged chance of three points has been squandered

48 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

I do think we are,at this moment in time,in the "fighting for our lives" category also. 

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Whatever you say about our illustrious manager his bold substitution in the 94th minute proves what a winner he really is. He didn't give up and settle for a point, he knew that despite conceding we were on the front foot and the most likely to create and miss a few more chances. After the game Steve was full of admiration for the way Wes ran his socks off for close to a minute : "Wes has been chomping at the bit in training so I knew he was ready for a full minute of action. If he carries on like that he can expect 2 minutes in the not too distant future".

Expect more tactical genius from SC on Monday.

I bet your mrs loves listening to you ????bore off mr snooze !!!

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Everyone loves a gay joke. Well done mate. 

So it's ok for someone to a. attack me and not my post and b. make an assumption as to my sex and sexual orientation?

And now the righteous Fordy wants to pout the boot in - **** off.

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

So it's ok for someone to a. attack me and not my post and b. make an assumption as to my sex and sexual orientation?

And now the righteous Fordy wants to pout the boot in - **** off.

So you're playing the 'sexuality assumption' card in defence to a homophobic post? Says a lot about you pal. 

1 hour ago, hortonred said:

Surprised I would be amazed. How much longer are we able to say it's not over yet as yet another gilt edged chance of three points has been squandered

There's some proper wet'uns on here... Every game we drop points the same old happy clappers come out saying we'll be fine, we're not in the bottom 3 etc etc while each week we slip deeper into the mire...

The only consistent in this campaign has been our inability to put teams away when we've been on top (I won't list the games as there is many) and also Cotts inability to close games out with tactical knowledge and the subs at his disposal.

with teams like Rotherham and Hudderfield regularly picking up points it's looking increasingly like another relegation season...

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

No you do not need a change of personnel or formation to create a tactic.

True. Fair enough. But you need imagination. To change the approach.  A change in attitude. A change in personnel. Anything.  But we didn't /couldn't do it today against the worst team to visit the Gate this season by far that we should have beaten easily but couldn't.  If we had a manager that could/would change things we would have beaten them. Tactics or not. 

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

True. Fair enough. But you need imagination. To change the approach.  A change in attitude. A change in personnel. Anything.  But we didn't /couldn't do it today against the worst team to visit the Gate this season by far that we should have beaten easily but couldn't.  If we had a manager that could/would change things we would have beaten them. Tactics or not. 

Why change a team battering the opposition? There was none of them hammering on the door, no indication we were about to concede. We didn't NEED to change, as of 92.30.

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Why change a team battering the opposition? There was none of them hammering on the door, no indication we were about to concede. We didn't NEED to change, as of 92.30.

I disagree.  Once we missed the pen then we sat back and it was dejavu to me. We sat back looking for the 1-0. We should have changed after the pen miss. Gone for the jugular with Burns, Reid, hell even Cox if he's still here going at them. They were absolutely terrible and if we can't beat them at home then we will struggle. Still don't think we'll go down but we need to change and quickly. 

Are we supposed to say "it's over" when there are still 23 games remaining and only in the relegation places on goal difference?

Plenty of twist and turns to come, some will go in our favour, some will go against us. It's in the balance but it's not as though we're getting hammered every week. I don't understand the view that relegation is an inevitability. We are one of a number of clubs fighting for survival - and we are fighting.

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

If a substituion had been made before they scored their goal, guess who would be getting the blame for changing things for no real reason.

With all the better managers on here, Cotterell can't win.

Come on mate. Have you never heard of hindsight management? Everyone on here is an expert. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

It wasn't broke. 

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

With respect...do you not think it's a bit sad fans are rejoicing in the fact we got promotion from league 1 and find ourselves in the bottom 3 of the Championship.

Considering the resources this club has had over the years, it's hardly something to write home about.

This season is just like when John Ward took us up...he ran out of ideas...and we were also very offensive and conceded goals for fun.

Look where that ended up...not Benny's fault...but poor recruitment and tactics by Ward to start with.

Forgot about defence and thought buying just forwards was the answer.

32 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

There's some proper wet'uns on here... Every game we drop points the same old happy clappers come out saying we'll be fine, we're not in the bottom 3 etc etc while each week we slip deeper into the mire...

The only consistent in this campaign has been our inability to put teams away when we've been on top (I won't list the games as there is many) and also Cotts inability to close games out with tactical knowledge and the subs at his disposal.

with teams like Rotherham and Hudderfield regularly picking up points it's looking increasingly like another relegation season...

who should we then employ who can get players to come to a club who are in "another relegation season",? this guy must also hold our team/squad spirit together and be certain to keep us in this div <_< 

My money is on a guy who dragged us from the pits of darkness to a hopefull future you need to open your eyes cause he`s already here.

until its over and that aint halfway through a season

20 minutes ago, spudski said:

With respect...do you not think it's a bit sad fans are rejoicing in the fact we got promotion from league 1 and find ourselves in the bottom 3 of the Championship.

Considering the resources this club has had over the years, it's hardly something to write home about.

This season is just like when John Ward took us up...he ran out of ideas...and we were also very offensive and conceded goals for fun.

Look where that ended up...not Benny's fault...but poor recruitment and tactics by Ward to start with.

Forgot about defence and thought buying just forwards was the answer.

Yes we are in the bottom 3 but only 12pts behind Cardiff in 8th; we have no given right to take points from any club and this season will be taken as a learning curve.

You can be sure SC will be doing his best to fill the positions that we need strengthening in; it will be at least 4mths before I`m throwing the towel in or giving up on a manager who has lifted this club out of the Dreariness.

Feel free to continue to panic though we will be fine....you`ll see.

3 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Yes we are in the bottom 3 but only 12pts behind Cardiff in 8th; we have no given right to take points from any club and this season will be taken as a learning curve.

You can be sure SC will be doing his best to fill the positions that we need strengthening in; it will be at least 4mths before I`m throwing the towel in or giving up on a manager who has lifted this club out of the Dreariness.

I sincerely hope you're right, but where do you think those 12 points are going to come from? We might get them by the end of March at this rate.

5 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

I'm not panicking old boy...if SC changes the way we set up to play, we could quiet easily end up lower mid table imho.

12 points sounds a small amount...but it's a massive amount at this time of the season.

I truly believe we could strengthen in places...but continue playing in the same vein and it won't make any difference.

Archived