IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

36 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Ameobi offered to play for Bolton for free when his loan expired, but they could sign him again due to their embargo. This may change following their next court case 

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/01/shola-ameobi-offers-play-rest-season-free-help-cash-strapped-club/

Perhaps we should be proactive and ask him, this would not count as a loan, thus leaving our options open for the future. I realise this is a short term solution, but so are loans.

I am pleased with our business in this window, apart from the lack of signing to add to our striking potential, as numerous games this season points have been dropped as chances have not been taken.

• Admin

The £2-2.5m bid for Dack should have been made a week ago so Gills had a chance to spend it.

It would have had to have been a "secure the future of the club for years" type of bid yesterday for them to accept & effectively pull out of the promotion race with no replacement lined up.

As Olé puts it in another thread, Bristol City are not a transfer deadline day club, we are too naive.

14 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

If I have to listen to that *****ing Andrex 'my arse is as clean as a squid' advert on Sky Sport once more, I shall ram our 2 million squid right up her ****ing backside and celebrate a successful final transfer day.

I have just spat coffee all over my keyboard and we're all out of bloody kitchen roll, luckily we're not out of bog roll as well:D

14 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

Exactly, we knew we needed at least 2 strikers back last April once they decided not to renew jets contract. Yes they got kodjia but to go through 2 transfer windows and not address this is just simply a joke  

Yup. Kodjia AND a good Championship striker that would have been good. Retention of Tavernier also, put these three in and we would be perhaps lower midtable IMO.

As well as retention of Cunningham, proper replacement of Elliott and competition/upgrade for Fielding. 

The sad thing about City at times is that regardless of board at times we don't seem to learn from errors.

Scenarios do differ but the disappointing thing being we don't strengthen the correct positions and especially at the correct times.

E.g. 98/99 Shaun Taylor injured, didn't replace him adequately but Andersen, Akinbiyi and Thorpe... Why not just two and put a bigger whack towards a Strong CB.

12/13. McInnes had a budget. Baldock would have sufficed, put the rest of it over to a strong CB. If there was sufficient cash left by all means look at an additional striker too.

The themes of priority of position and budget seem recurrent sadly.

2 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Is there anything stopping City still trying to get a Loan striker in before the end of the week? All the agents etc.. must be still primed to go?

Loan windows not open is it?

Is there anything stopping City still trying to get a Loan striker in before the end of the week? All the agents etc.. must be still primed to go?

Talks could still take place, and an agreement could be agreed and in place ready for the first day of the loan window. You would hope that the relevant people are already onto this to make sure that we get who we want.

With the exception of the issue we've had getting a striker in, considering the position we find ourselves in (league wise and managerless), I feel we've done very well in the past couple of weeks. Compared to this time last week, I'm a hell of a lot more confident that we can pull ourselves clear. Can and will are two separate things though.

The club have watched Tom Nichols many times over the past 18 months. Burt's never rated him.

Interesting to hear David Pleat on the radio last night when asked who outside the Prem have made the best deadline day signing he said "Barry Fry/Pboro getting Tom Nichols, the boy got talent & will go far".

Game of opinions.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Loan windows not open is it?

do you know when that happens mate

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

Talks could still take place, and an agreement could be agreed and in place ready for the first day of the loan window. You would hope that the relevant people are already onto this to make sure that we get who we want.

With the exception of the issue we've had getting a striker in, considering the position we find ourselves in (league wise and managerless), I feel we've done very well in the past couple of weeks. Compared to this time last week, I'm a hell of a lot more confident that we can pull ourselves clear. Can and will are two separate things though.

I agree with you mate. The thing that I most want is that Tomlin is played in the best position to feed the Codger. Also delighted that we've got a goalie that I feel secure about. But Jonathan has lost his scoring boots at the moment so another striker who is scoring would be really handy while the good quality players we have signed are bedding in.

do you know when that happens mate

I agree with you mate. The thing that I most want is that Tomlin is played in the best position to feed the Codger. Also delighted that we've got a goalie that I feel secure about. But Jonathan has lost his scoring boots at the moment so another striker who is scoring would be really handy while the good quality players we have signed are bedding in.

9 days I think.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

The £2-2.5m bid for Dack should have been made a week ago so Gills had a chance to spend it.

It would have had to have been a "secure the future of the club for years" type of bid yesterday for them to accept & effectively pull out of the promotion race with no replacement lined up.

As Olé puts it in another thread, Bristol City are not a transfer deadline day club, we are too naive.

This is where we need @cynic to do what it says on his tin and say something like: "perhaps we were making eye-catching bids right up until the tenth hour so that no-one can say "you didn't try" or accuse us of lacking ambition etc, whilst knowing full well Gills wouldn't sell for the reason you give above." So I don't have to say it, and be "unliked" by hundreds on here. Anyway, I would never say that on here because I'm not a cynic.

Archived