IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

Dire, absolutely dire.

What is the point of the likes of Burt, our mass of CEOs, generals and their lieutenants? Since last ******* April we've needed two out and out strikers, what the ***** have this lot been doing? Take two 'punts' on French League 2 strikers, one of which is in a 'development squad' who'll probably disappear off to Bath City soon. 

So, our four 'finishers' comprise an aging Wilbs, misfiring Kodjia, a bloke who couldn't make an impact in League 2 last season and a converted League 1 winger, who plays like one. Our four relegation rivals must be trembling at the thought of this attack. 

I really despair of this Club sometimes. Yes, we may end up loan signing someone next week or, perhaps, the week after, or may be the month after that. No rush. We've already dropped 10+ points in January due to wasted chances. That 10 points will, no doubt, be the difference between relegation and safety. 

The Sags, Plymuff, Portsmouth, Millwall and Sheff Utd likely next season, back to the 'old school' football days out. Pity, great pity as was rather enjoying the new style football 'experience'. 

13 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

All this window proves is that we are resigned to going down and don't want to be paying Championship wages to a striker in League One next season!

Or maybe we couldn't get the striker we need because either a club doesn't want to sell because they need the player and don't want to risk their season letting them go,  or the player doesn't want to join a relegation scrap, or the player is willing to wait till the end of the season before moving if he is going to move.

I don't disagree we don't need a striker and who's to say we won't still try and get one on loan.

12 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Let the laughing begin......

lpgas Avatar
The Teds favourite son "JET" has gone out on loan from QPR to............................wait for it.......................................MK Dons !! Made I laugh

I saw that. He will score on the last day of the season that will send city down and keep Franchise up. Bound to happen. 

I'm sorry who did they sign?

8 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

What club will let go somebody out on loan who's the following;

Match fit 

In goalscoring form

Brimming with confidence

Can hit the ground running

Loan window offers you players such as Macheda. 

What club would sell that player in the January window and wouldn't there also be rivals trying to sign said player who are in a better position than we are both in stature and league position?

8 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Dire, absolutely dire.

What is the point of the likes of Burt, our mass of CEOs, generals and their lieutenants? Since last ******* April we've needed two out and out strikers, what the ***** have this lot been doing? Take two 'punts' on French League 2 strikers, one of which is in a 'development squad' who'll probably disappear off to Bath City soon. 

So, our four 'finishers' comprise an aging Wilbs, misfiring Kodjia, a bloke who couldn't make an impact in League 2 last season and a converted League 1 winger, who plays like one. Our four relegation rivals must be trembling at the thought of this attack. 

I really despair of this Club sometimes. Yes, we may end up loan signing someone next week or, perhaps, the week after, or may be the month after that. No rush. We've already dropped 10+ points in January due to wasted chances. That 10 points will, no doubt, be the difference between relegation and safety. 

The Sags, Plymuff, Portsmouth, Millwall and Sheff Utd likely next season, back to the 'old school' football days out. Pity, great pity as was rather enjoying the new style football 'experience'. 

Spot on

30 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Or maybe we couldn't get the striker we need because either a club doesn't want to sell because they need the player and don't want to risk their season letting them go,  or the player doesn't want to join a relegation scrap, or the player is willing to wait till the end of the season before moving if he is going to move.

I don't disagree we don't need a striker and who's to say we won't still try and get one on loan.

It doesn't seem to matter whether it's summer or winter, relegation scrap or level with everyone else at the start of the season, we have a team of people who's job it is to get this right and they've failed. This is extremely poor and they've run out of excuses. If we can't tempt the player or selling club with cash, why would they want to come here on loan? I don't really want any more loan signings. I'd quite like to watch my own team play instead of everyone else's cast offs that'll all need replacing and will leave us with a colossal job come the summer.

Ive been holding off writing this pending the end of the window. What has happened this season has been a disgrace, and shows yet again what an amateurish set up this is. The board are a joke and should be fired, how many people are there in suits commanding big salaries, who are contributing nothing? And im sorry, but to spell out you want premier league football when you are worth around 1500 million pounds and expect the squad we have to compete completely ruins your credibility. Sl has racked up the debt under his watch, but where is thd drive and desire to push us on? Last summer was the time for us, instead we had 1 proper signing and ended up firing the bloke who got us up in the first place with no replacement lined up.

We couldnt have gotten this more wrong if we had tried, what a shambles... jon lansdown, dawe, burt, ashton please all pi$$ off... you are all incompetent and incapable of doing your jobs, go and blag a living doing something else.

Useless.

Anybody want a lift to the suspension bridge? Jesus Christ.

We've done some very good business this window, we are much stronger than we were 2 weeks ago and we can still sign a striker on loan. Im sure they did their best to get one in today but when you're manager-less and in the bottom 3, who were we realistically going to attract that is of decent quality.

Wheres cynic when you need him to insult all the moaners? :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Anybody want a lift to the suspension bridge? Jesus Christ.

We've done some very good business this window, we are much stronger than we were 2 weeks ago and we can still sign a striker on loan. Im sure they did their best to get one in today but when you're manager-less and in the bottom 3, who were we realistically going to attract that is of decent quality.

Wheres cynic when you need him to insult all the moaners? :facepalm:

They shouldnt have had to do their best to get one in today,, this should have been tied up the first week in january, yes we are managerless becausr the useless idiots fired the bloke who got us 99 points last season then gave him a pathetically week squad and wondered why we are bottom then didnt have the brains to have someone lined up to replace him. I think there are more directors and suits in bcfc and bristol sport than there are first team strikers for the club. Good luck trying to sell those 27000 tickets next season you bunch of idiots.

Sadly, a lot of supporters have seen City balls things up good and proper in the past. This farcical season is of no surprise to me because it is what City do best. It honestly feels like groundhog day and I am half expecting Benny Lennartson to throw his cap into the crowd in the coming weeks again! I hope we stay up, but we can't score goals and we haven't brought in a striker when we have needed one all season. Why doesn't anyone want to sign for us? We had a mammoth season last year, and yet players agents seem to want to steer their players away from signing for us. What does that tell you about the way this club is ran? When it comes to the football side we are such a naive club. The stadium is coming along great, but we need real experienced football people behind the scenes to compliment the financial people otherwise all of the investment will be wasted.

1 minute ago, Just Red said:

This is what happens when you have a committee running things. Should have concentrated on getting a manager in who is able to attract players to this club. 

Everything seems to be knee jerk. It's not only the previous manager that didn't have a plan B!

24 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Everything seems to be knee jerk. It's not only the previous manager that didn't have a plan B!

I honestly understand that the club don't want to be signing players on long contracts for big money. But that really is the mentality of a League One club. It's a great approach to have, buy young, develop our own etc but this needs to be in conjunction with signing proven Championship quality players who can give us that little bit of added experience which can make the difference in tight games. 

These loans are a complete waste of money, its as if we are scared to commit to permanent signings because of previous mistakes.

Currently the football transfer market really is a sellers market. Clubs up and down the country are struggling to buy players , this is proven by Gillingham and Walsall refusing to sell when in the last they would have. Clubs simply want to hang onto their players and this makes it extremely difficult to sign players for a reasonable price, even more so in January.

We totally messed up in the summer. On the back of a double winning season and the redevelopment we should have used the momentum to attract players, but some one somewhere messed right up, and just like Villa found out today players do not want to sign for a club who is in danger of being relegated. We were a much more attractive proposition in the summer and that could ultimately come back to bite us in the ass.

We've done pretty well overall in this window, we should have enough to see us through, will have to make use of Agard maybe on the wing. An interesting article on this Rotherham site re the relegation rivals, we've come out on top according to this:

http://www.itsmillerstime.co.uk/2016/02/january-transfer-window-how-rotherhams.html?

Archived