IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

3 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

Talk about a slow server....from the time the ball leaves the racket I could nip out for a dump, roll a fag and smoke it and still have change from a farthing, not withstanding fish and chips if the fancy takes me.....

F me mate. A farthing? Thees must be as old as I

3 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

But I think it's clear that for whatever reason we have struggled to get players in all season and loans deals in our situation can be looked at as low risk. Loans are not always ideal but needs must right now. I'm pretty sure the powers that be at Ashton Gate are trying their best to get players in but it's not as if we are that much of an attractive option for players that we can just pick and choose. It's almost as if some people just want to knock the club no matter what they do.

Absolutely agree but I was giving my opinion on why some may see this window as a failure, me included. We have strengthened, that much is a given but we still need what we did before, a Striker and a DM. We still need these players. If Korey gets injured, who replaces him? The players bought in are attacking and whilst he isn't a DM he is the closest to being so. What if pack gets injured? Same dilemma. Striker is a no brainer, we need another one who can score. The amount of games I have seen this season where a decent striker would have meant points as opposed to 1/0 is too many to count. We all know what we need. The summer will be interesting as we need these players plus all of the loan players need replacing with perms..... Oh and a few more to strengthen further. You can't stand still as other clubs won't. Not going to happen is it, so we needed to start in this window if only for good young players. MA said we were recruiting for now AND the future, who have we recruited exactly? 

2 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

Talk about a slow server....from the time the ball leaves the racket I could nip out for a dump, roll a fag and smoke it and still have change from a farthing, not withstanding fish and chips if the fancy takes me.....

And that's without us making a signing!!

If we make one go listen to marvins whats goin on then come back!!

One of our local journalists has tweeted his amazement that some of City's fans cup seem to have a half empty cup when it comes to City's deadline day activity.

I put myself very much in that camp, as far as I can tell. There's just short of 1500 City fans logged onto Otib currently, all of whom, I assume are logged on to see what or who City have signed to dig themselves out of the hole, the board and management put them in during the summer. 

As such, with City still talking a couple of days ago about 3 or 4 more players, the BIG NEWS that we've signed a player who's already playing for us, will fall flat at best, to the hordes logging on this evening. 

We all know that we need goals, and no striker, means no Championship football next year. 

In essence our message is pretty clear. Pull your bloody finger out FFS

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Actually he's right. we brought some decent players in but you can't get everyone you want. Some people just love to moan.

Some of our fans are tosspots and worse. Shall we await affirmation from Stockhausen on that too? 

Loans during a 'manager less' period make sense to me... too many players on new contracts surely might put a few potential managers off of accepting the challenge - given that their ability to build their own squad with 'their type of players' that fit 'their style' would inevitably be impaired/limited by inheriting people they might not want and inevitably not having much of a 'transfer kitty for some time.

If the current set up can do 'just enough' for now using loanees without the long term commitments of expensive contracts a new manager can be promised, come what may between now and the seasons end (hopefully of course with the current squad we/you hang in to Championship status) .Whatever happens Join Us become manager of Bristol City FC check out everything already here for a few months and YOU WILL HAVE A GUARANTEED GOOD TRANSER BUDGET IN THE NEXT WINDOW.. (keep who you want, replace those that don't fit, build your own City, and we can afford this because we won't have too many contracts to pay up) ...... Come August and Bristol City will have YOUR STAMP on it.

Loans can come and go, inherited contracts are expensive/difficult to juggle and deal with.

Anyway... what news since I've been typing this? :)

Course we need a striker and it sounds like we been trying to get one in but let's face it, it's not just a case of nipping down the shops to strikers r us and taking one off the shelf is it? I can honestly say there aren't many strikers sold today ( who would realistically come to us) that I would want 

If there is no last minute signing or two this is yet a further disaster

How can we fans take anything the club says seriously anymore

I have been thinking and saying for months that SL is happy with cheap third division football

No manager

No striker or two

No addition to midfield

No preparation for league 1 

i continue to to worry about staying up next season in division one.  This season is all but lost

If nothing transpires in last hour then I for one think we desperately need new blood in boardroom as well as on the pitch

Can imagine club's response - :

1. Difficult in January to get the players we were after

2. Players were asking for too much money

3. Agents were asking for too much money

4. The interim head coach is happy to go with the squad he's got

etc, etc, etc

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If there is no last minute signing or two this is yet a further disaster

How can we fans take anything the club says seriously anymore

I have been thinking and saying for months that SL is happy with cheap third division football

No manager

No striker or two

No addition to midfield

No preparation for league 1 

i continue to to worry about staying up next season in division one.  This season is all but lost

If nothing transpires in last hour then I for one think we desperately need new blood in boardroom as well as on the pitch

Can imagine club's response - :

1. Difficult in January to get the players we were after

2. Players were asking for too much money

3. Agents were asking for too much money

4. The interim head coach is happy to go with the squad he's got

etc, etc, etc

Charlton are below us and they aren't struggling to get players in?

Archived